Thanks for the real warm welcome devs

Can’t even get out of newbie ladder without facing T1 decks and getting my azz handed to me 80% of the time.

Why do you LIE to us about this ladder? How do you expect us to compete if we have to go up against T1 decks while we do not even have a T3 deck available to us?

I know your company is full of bullies, but damn didn’t know you hated your new customers that much.

6 Likes

Some basic research would have gone a long way, this game hasnt been noob friendly for years, alot of streamers even say this. Welcome to the dud.

How it actually works.

Regardless of your cards as a new player you are placed on the newbie ladder.

If you win a few games you are promoted to the full ladder based on your mmr. At that point theoretically you can face any deck. It’s not like blizzard rates the decks and say you only face t3. If a bad player with bad mmr is playing a t1 deck badly guess what you could face them.

Then WHY even have a new player ladder? Seriously WHY?

If this is really the case it is STUPID and shows a total lack of respect for new players.

3 Likes

Did you come to a competitive game and not expect competition?

The game checks your mmr, not your deck.

1 Like

You are still being ignorant – Do not call it a beginner ladder if you have to play people that are on the regular ladder.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I thought you were complaining about the decks you face, not the people you face.

You still don’t understand.

You dont play regular decks if your still on the newbie ladder.

You play your first game ever, you play against someone else who has never won many games,

You win a few games , no longer play people on the newbie ladder, you play people on the regular ladder,

yes it possible for people to create a new account and use some promotion or spend a lot of money and play a t1 deck on the newbie ladder but they get booted to regular ladder very fast.

1 Like

@Ngita

Again why call it a new player ladder if the people playing in it do NOT play new players?

Why should I have to play people on the regular ladder when I am STILL in the new player ladder is what I am asking.

If you want me as a new player to play against people on the regular ladder WHY PLACE ME IN A NEW LADDER system?

Very very simple here: I am rank 22 on the new player ladder why am I having to play people on the regular ladder is what I am asking. It is a kick in the face to ALL new players who do not have decks that can compete with regular ladder.

2 Likes

New player experience for this has been terrible thats why blizzard’s strategy for this game has been to milk as much as they can from the remaining playerbase through the cash shop and try to entice old players to come back through giving of free packs/decks based on how long the player has been away from the game. If you are f2p and patient you can accumulate as much gold as you can then wait for the upcoming rotation next month and build a budget competitive deck, but dont expect to be able to make tons of good decks if you dont plan on spending real money massively as a new player.

2 Likes

Because sometime recently someone started a new account, perhaps a day ago or a week ago. that does not mean they did not spend $ on cards in that day or week.

If your playing lots of players with expensive decks then chances are you have been promoted off the new player ladder to the regular ladder.

when I mucked around with this 5-6 years ago I had 1 free pack when I got promoted off the new player ladder.

The patent disagrees with that statement.

This does seem scammy and places people with less cards at a disadvantage, which does negate the whole “new player” thing.

Sadly, this.

1 Like

You make no sense. How an I promoted off the new player ladder when I am STILL ON THAT LADDER with every win/lose.

Also don’t speak when you have not even been on the new player ladder in over 5 years they implemented this ladder like 4 years ago this is NOT the same ladder you did.

Typically, You are on the new player ladder, you see decks that are mostly the cards you are rewarded from the quests. Plus the cards from new player promotion, plus a few cards from free/puchased decks.

You are promoted off the new player ladder, you see every possible card.

There is nothing to tell you which ladder you are on except the cards you see.

So we are left with you thinking you are still on the new player ladder except you are seeing t1 decks, I believe this means you are not on the new player ladder.

That is bull and prove you do not know what you speak of.

On standard ladder you start off on Bronze in beginner you do not and you never lose a star when you lose.

You literally do NOT know what you are talking about so I will no longer respond to you because you are full of crap.

Casual ladder has no ranks, newbie ladder has no ranks.

1: I never mentioned CASUAL
2: New player ladder has ranks just not like standard. When you get 3 stars you go to the next rank

Again you have PROVEN yet again you do not know what you are talking about just stop posting and go back to being uneducated on how this game is.

the issue is, your expectations for this ladder are different from the ladder’s purpose. the “newbie” ladder isn’t an isolated ladder for new players only. it just follows different rules than the standard ladder. you CANNOT go backwards at all on this ladder. that’s it.

you can be matched against low mmr players who are on standard ladder, other new players, or recently added blizzard bots…(added for faster queue times, i think) the only difference is your rank won’t be punished for losing until you get enough wins to graduate to standard ladder. it is intended for new players to learn game mechanics and interactions without obsessing over rank.

in short, your opponent doesn’t matter as much as you getting better at playing. you get resources as you climb, and a free deck when you get to standard ladder. i get you are frustrated, but you are expecting more from this ladder than it is intended to do.

Also, you aren’t seeing the value in playing more experienced players. and decks. it gives you familiarity with cards you don’t have. it also allows you to see plays and combos you might not have been aware are possible. sometimes, (admittedly, rare) you even make some friends along the way.
good gaming to you in the future, in this game or whatever you find to entertain you more.

It can and has made people leave when they lose 10+ games because of who they are playing.

1 Like

also true, and a fair point. it is about how you derive enjoyment from the game. the game is really streaky at times. it can be frustrating. all i can say is…

Welcome to Hearthstone!!!

i hope that was a warmer welcome than the devs gave ya. :grin:
good gaming to you.