Thanks for the Nerfs

Thank you for the new set of nerfs. You must really love hurting us free to play players for not handing over our hard earned money. I can only create a deck for the cards I get by getting gold from the quest. I had a deck that was finally able to climb the ranked. And after nerfs I got nothing. So Thank you again I will be deleting the game for good this time farewell.

2 Likes

I am going to hazard a guess that you were playing Evolve Shaman. How did I do?

2 Likes

even evolve shaman, its not such a big nergf actualy,

bro don’t worry about your rank. This game is about a series of moments. Don’t focus on winning or losing. Legend is super dull. Instead of the flashing stars after a match it’s just this ugly amber-colored hexagon with the number in the middle that changes.

Just have fun.

1 Like

I feel like one fatal flaw of online card games is once a card is nerfed it’s nerfed for everyone and the old version of the card can no longer be played.

I feel like the flaw was releasing the card in a broken OP state to begin with.

Being able to play the original version of a nerf card defeats the purpose of nerfing the card to begin with, which was nerfed to better balance a game.

I get that there are “Timmy” players who like to play broken cards without caring about the game having balance (or even strategy), but balance is good for the longevity and health of the game.

In another thread, a player is crying about how the devs must hate F2P players, since his deck just got nerfed. He was probably playing Evolve Shaman.

If changing how a cheap transformation card interacts with just one other card can drop a deck from being one of the best decks in the meta to not even being among the best 15 decks in the new meta, then that interaction was crazy broken and without fair counter-play, which is why a card needed to be nerfed.

There is always going to classes out of the 11 options that are going to be the low performers in a meta, but let us not lament the nerf of unfair, brain-dead cards or combos that would just otherwise win games without any effort to occur.

I wish they would nerf more cards to better balance Hearthstone to point where it became a strategy game again, rather than a game of RNG or high-roll, like cutting a deck to see who draws the highest card for a win. Why buy cards to build decks if winning is mostly determined randomly?

I actually think cards that are nerfed to balance Standard should generally not be reverted back to original un-nerfed version when they rotate into Wild, because if the cards were left nerfed, then it reduces design constraints for the development of future cards.

2 Likes

Why would you spend dust and money to make Evolve shaman? It’s was obvious that thing is going to get nerfed pretty fast.

If you have limited resources you should wait for meta to stabilize before crafting anything.

This one is on you.

3 Likes