Temporary splish splash ban

Ramp is problematic. Doomkin is weak ramp. It’s problematic! But it’s weak.

How is it weak?
Ramping 2 is weaker than ramping 1 and deramping your opponent by 1.

Ramping 1 on turn 1 > ramping 2 on turn 6

What does that have to do with what I said?

You ramp at 6 and get to 8 next turn, while the opponent will be at 5. Do you even understand the swing on that?

You are correct. Hybrid dragon druid was not the only viable druid deck and now all druid players are punished because of this one deck’s win rate and play experience. Thanks for your comments.

2 Likes

When is Druid getting to 6 mana with this deck type being hampered like this?

Another thing they could have done was remove the frickin’ anomalies no one asked for or wanted.

1 Like

Switching goalposts.
You claimed it’s a weak play. Explain yourself or stop replying.

On your next turn, even on 6 Doomkin, you are now at 8 mana and your opponent is at 6. An 8 mana card is way stronger than a 6. A 2 mana card is sometimes comparable to a 1 mana card. Yes, you get to play a few more cards in between with ramp on 1 (though, it’s really ramp on 2 if we are being honest in this situation–real ramp, like Wild Growth). All those cards in-between, are nothing like setting your opponents curve behind while you get to play at a higher curve. Never is this good game design, especially when there is no counter to it.

But that’s a bit off topic. It’s debatable if ramp ON 2, not 1, is stronger than 2 on 6. It really depends on the meta.

I claimed it was weak ramp. Not a weak play.

It’s a mean play. But once again, it’s entirely inconsequential to the deck that ran it the most.

That’s debatable. I could spend 8 mana on a 0-cost card and come out better than most 8-cost cards, depending on situation.

And that’s if you are going second.
If you are going first they’ll be at 5 while you are at 8.

Alright look, just ban doomkin and unban the splish splash.

In a game where mana means something, please. You’re just being a jerk now. Wisp is a 0 cost card. Just stop. Think for a moment. You’re not making sense. You’re literally trying to argue that a 0 cost card is equivalent to an 8 cost. That’s your argument. Continue this path and you are admitting you lost.

Just ban doomkin and unban splish.

Or, if you’re unwilling to do that, maybe realize the correct card got the ban.

I’m fine with the Splish ban myself, but you said all ramp is bad for the game. So, Doomkin should be banned, according to you. And I agree. But for some reason you don’t want to agree, because this has devolved into: which card is more toxic? That really doesn’t matter. I think it’s depended on the meta.

Then ban the coin as well.

when you want a counter card …:where is mass silence for nonsens paladin board turn to turn? where is counter to boomboss 4-5 time? where is priest thief counter ? where is rogue same stop play same minion alot time whit strong effect? or only druid deck must kill nonstop?

The coin is an equalizer for going second. One turn, in practice. Abuse of it is the problem. And you said all ramp is toxic. Are you going back on that?

Land destruction has no place in HS. A game with no interaction on the opponent’s turn should never implement such mechanics, it’s moronic.

When I said “remove ramp” I very obviously meant druid ramp. But, this being the internet, I’ll just admit you’re right and I was wrong. Because this is pointless