Temporary splish splash ban

Because teching is usually really bad. It barely helps you in relevant matchups and massively handicaps you in matchups where the tech card is not relevant.

It is for a simples reason.

Wild growth already is a problem and is only allowed at 2 mana because it is druids identity and can be worked around by making slighty ineficient high cost cards.

So any extrapolarion over it is broken by default regardless.

So if you print 2 mana gain a mana and (insert whatever you think that isn’t a drawback).
It is already born broken.

I think the bigger problem is that you legit would have had to open the techs against Druid, since Druid was that consistent.

Techs are bad, but when you need them by turn 2/3 they are near unplayable.

Both doom kin and whelp have existed before Marin.

The obvious problem is the 20 to 40 mana cheat Marin can do in one turn. You’re not going to fix that banning doomkin or whelp.

2 Likes

Doomkin is a problem without Marin. It was just overshadowed by Boomboss and Reno.

1 Like

But you’re going to make that explosion get turns later.

Class cards are the ones that have to be balanced around neutrals. Not the other way around or we end with no neutral being playable.

1 Like

This doesn’t hold.
It’s not about extrapolating Wild Growth’s effect but rather about mimicking it with a weaker effect that’s constrained by a specific tribe connection. It’s about creating a similar mechanic, not expanding upon Wild Growth’s existing power level.

Suggesting that such a mimicry would automatically be broken doesn’t logically follow, as it introduces limitations that Wild Growth has no part in. aka you are speaking nonsense

You are missing the point. They cant nerf druid without creating a whole gane patch out of their schedule. A ban can be done server side and temporarily without forcing them to make an entire patch

3 Likes

The problem is that conditional effects aren’t weaker.

You’re not getting 0,5 mana Crystal.

Conditional are considered weaker by players with is a entirely different Topic.

But in practice it is a wild growth with a 1/1.

While I agree that overall Splish Splash is weaker than Wild Growth, in a Dragon deck, it is stronger than Wild Growth is in any deck, and you’d never use it out of a Dragon deck.

Rather, it is probably to say that Splish Splash is stronger than Wild Growth, but it is limited to where it can be used. It is weaker because of that limitation in the grand scheme of Druid, but the reality is that in a Dragon deck it is far, far, stronger. Limiting cards by tribe don’t really work when the deck is broken as a whole.

Some level of professionalism is expected; they shouldn’t consistently make mistakes like toddlers and expect congratulations for taking initiative.

Nothing justifies a ban to the Whelp here.
Either take real action or do nothing at all.

It’s not. It’s this topic exact.
As for the second part, no.

That’s precisely what weakens it. You’re handicapping yourself with restrictions. You’re limited to playing the Dragon package and can’t deviate from it. This forces you to fill your deck with cards that would otherwise be replaced by better options overall.

The card’s weakness stems from its restrictions. It can’t be compared to Wild Growth, the latter is times better.

But it doesn’t matter if the deck doesn’t care about that restriction. The Dragon package is strong enough, and other Druid cards are strong enough that can be played alongside it. So, no, it is currently far stronger than Wild Growth, since it is one of the best things Druid can be doing.

Again, real action will be taken at the next balance patch, its only temporary a ban isnt really that deep, im surprised they dont do it more tbh.

That said the whelp is absolutely the card that needed banned looking at low ranks on hsreplay (I know not best resource) the second highest mulligan card has a 62% winrate. Whelp has a whopping 70% mulligan winrate. Thats a whopping 8% expected winrate from 1 card.

If anyone has better data I would be interested in seeing it.

God I hate Marin and his quadruple scam win potential.

Oh, the wand didn’t auto win? Well maybe these free legends do! Oh, that failed, well, maybe I high roll with filling my hand with the next card! Oh, that wasn’t enough, maybe swapping out my hand will do it!

That card needs a rewrite as well. (Hint: delete the shuffle the rest into your deck part)

It’s not.
It needed Dorian and Marin to elevate it to playable.

It’s not stronger than Wild Growth. This card requires specific in-game conditions that involve the hand, whereas Wild Growth’s universal utility is far superior.

The problem is that you can only justify things with conditional clauses so much.

Wild growth is already a card that would break any other hearthstone class by itself.

So much that it was already nerf to 3 mana once and only returned because devs weren’t able to make ramp work otherwise.

Basically what i saying is that wild growth is already a card that is only allowed under restriction and is on the verge of being broken.

There is a point where only mana increase is acceptable and that whelp passed it.
They should just get it to 3 mana and give it +1/+1.

You can’t grasp the 2 to 3 mana threshold.
That is the same as killing the card.

Wild growth costs 3 and saw play and still sees play in the druid gift

It currently is stronger than Wild Growth. It makes the deck that consistent. You can search Dragons. Dragons buff each other. Even without Marin, it would still be good, and no, you’re missing the point. By mentioning other Druid cards, I am saying that I understand that. The fact is, outside cards can be used to make them better, and this is now the best thing you can be doing, thus it is stronger than Wild Growth at the moment. Why would you run Wild Growth in a Dragon deck when you have Splish Splash? Why would you play another Druid deck when you have Splish Splash (given the current card pool)? If you are able to build a deck that ignores the Dragon restriction because it is that powerful, then Splish Splash is stronger than Wild Growth.

1 Like

So be it.

There are many cards that end killed that way and wild dragon ramp can use the breath ramp instead of the whelp.

Fair in standard and even gets alternative to wild growth in wild.

See no issue with that.