Temporary splish splash ban

The Wild Growth you’re referring to is essentially an ETC built with the ability to also cast Wild Growth, so why not?

Also, this requires a specific hand activation. It isn’t comparable whatsoever.

Because there isn’t a pure Dragon deck.
Even the deck using the Whelp now tries to deviate from being a tribe deck. It has the essentials to most of the time activate it and that’s that.

You don’t want to create an only Dragon deck. It’s that simple.

But the hand requirement is negligeble in the deck it is broken in, because enough dragons are run to always activate it.

And wild growth STILL saw play at 3 mana when it was in standard.

There is a huge difference between having 4 mana on turn 3 and 5 mana on turn 4.

What? But the Dragon variant is the version terrorizing the meta. You’re not making any sense. Are you saying to not run Dragons so you have a reason to run Wild Growth? What in the world are you going on about?

In a vacuum, it’s debatable which card is stronger. In the current meta, it is not. It’s that simple.

As decks should be.

Pure decks are too linear for high level play.

Being able to transition between strategies during the match is what makes any game get a little deeper.

It is decent to have those at low levels to make a entry line for new players but what should really be powerful are their variants.

Right…
Same nonsense as playing nonduplicate is “negligible in today’s game.”
It just so happens that that isn’t the case.

This ISN’T Wild Growth. It requires specific activations! That’s what makes it cost 2!

It was. Reno needed to be hit again to 10 mana to finally be stopped.

You are not making sense because you don’t know.
Go check a list and come back to me. Tell me if what you saw was a Dragon tribal deck.

I see. 70% mulligan win rate on Splish Splash. K. Whatever. They banned it for absolutely no reason. Gotcha.

What happened, were you wrong? Too proud to admit your mistake? Nice job moving the goalposts.

I’ve had enough of this. I shouldn’t have wasted my time replying to your nonsense.

I see. 70% mulligan win rate on Splish Splash. K. Whatever. They banned it for absolutely no reason. Gotcha.

You’re literally making 0 sense. I suppose a 70% mul win rate and being banned isn’t facts to you? It still doesn’t change the fact that it is 100% stronger than Wild Growth in a Dragon deck, so even if you were correct, if a Dragon deck were ever the best deck (it is) it is stronger than Wild Growth in that meta.

But you just love to not make sense, can’t admit you are wrong, and cry. See yah.

One has to assume they had data that showed starting the game, or drawing within the first few rounds had such an absurd win rate that outright banning the card was the only mitigation.

Even with the restriction it was to powerful. Period.

It is not dificult to understand.

1 Like

50% of the minions are dragons. While not specifically labeled as a dragon deck, the core that enables the combo part is the dragons

Across all ranks, it had something like a 70% win rate if opened.

It doesn’t even matter what percent were Dragons, as long as the Dragon engine was why they were ramping so hard/oppressive (2 free 3/4 taunt, search), and was using Splish Splash.

No, they are not?

vS runs 9 Dragons. If I don’t count 1 of them since it will be the Whelp that will be played to ramp, that leaves 8 Dragons to hopefully have one in hand by turn 2.

I don’t think I need to tell you why that isn’t 50%.

edit: You said minions mb. Anyway, I don’t care about what the deck is called. It’s obviously not a Dragon tribal. It just uses the Dragon package because it’s good.

The odds of drawing 1 dragon in 4 cards if you have 8 dragons in a deck not counting your splish is an 73% chance. This is not accounting for your mulligan at all

1 Like

Disregard I was in auto-pilot.
I thought you said 50% of the deck is Dragons.

Leave steamcleaner alone… I wish their were even more of them.

2 Likes

I’m happy. This will slow it down enough to deal with. Now they have to run a different dragon for the synergy, and that hurts.

I was having lots of success last night with my Pud Control Priest against it surprisingly.

3 Likes