Temporary splish splash ban

Ah, we. You do have an in with them. I mean, it was obvious that you are an employee who is salty.

I do not.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor do I know anyone who is or has been an employee of blizzard or any of its parents or subsidiaries.

That said, targeted harassment of posters is not allowed, and you’ve made a series of false allegations against me just this very day. Please stop.

1 Like

Yea, this was actually a good ban. I don’t think Druid is going anywhere but this will give other decks room to shine.

1 Like

You do this all the time against me. And you saying you are not doesn’t make you not. How curious you say “we.” Whatever. Maybe stop being a jerk to me, and I’ll stop calling you out for suspicious behavior.

Specifically because it’s explicitly temporary pending further evaluation.

I’m shocked they did something so correct this time.

Disagreement is not harassment. This is a place where people discuss different views.

Insulting people isn’t the same as disagreeing with them.

“I’m not following why you think X” isn’t the same as

When you figure out how to not act like the above, you will have much greater success here.

2 Likes

You literally insult me all the time by assuming that my teammates leave games because of me, without knowing why they actually left, then you tell me to “get friends” ignoring the actual issue that is present, which is that Duos is broken. So, yes, you constantly harass me.

When you stop being a garbage person, you’ll have much greater success in life.

And the thing that tops it off is that you don’t even play the mode, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. You are literally just being a jerk, either to be a jerk, or sleep HS.

So, you are 10000000x times worse than me. You insult me for no reason. I call you out on your garbage. You reporting me makes you a massive hypocrite.

I see.

I don’t think what I wrote was insulting, and it seems others agree because those comments are still up.

What I said was that if it keeps happening to you, maybe you should look at what you are doing or make some friends to get some feedback from other players.

Your indignation at the idea that you may be playing suboptimal is your own issue. Many people struggle to take accurate feedback, so that’s not an uncommon problem.

There are several people here who play Duos a great deal. They typically do not pug their duos, and don’t share your issues with the mode. This evidence proves that the mode isn’t broken, but your approach to it might need to be adjusted.

I am sorry these concepts are upsetting to you.

So this is the kind of thing that is causing all your posts to be removed, not a vast conspiracy of company posters and blizzard Stans.

It’s clear from your edits to your post that you are struggling with a number of things that reach beyond hearthstone. I wish you well and hope you find the relief you need.

2 Likes

If you play Magic Arena, then surely you are aware of the hand smoothing and deck smoothing algorithms in some game modes.

In all Best-of-1 game modes, MTG Arena has a hand smoothing algorithm in which the distribution of mana in your opening hand is based on the distribution of mana in your deck. So lets say that your deck has 24 mana in a 60-card deck, or in other words 40% of your deck is mana. This means that the hand smoothing algorithm will increase the odds of you having 7*0.4 = 2.8 mana in your opening hand. Or in other words, your odds of having 3 mana will be way higher than statistically likely, as in you SHOULD get a 3-mana opener roughly 30% of the time, but this hand smoothing algorithm increases 3-mana openers to 60% of the time. MTG arena has other smoothing algorithms in different modes as well that operate under a similar principle.

This system was implemented by the developers in order to reduce non-games, but it actually introduced a lot of exploits where people would build aggro decks with low mana count and the hand smoothing algorithm would “help” them get the optimal mana in their opening hands. BTW, this exists in ranked mode which qualified for the world qualifying championship for the first couple years of Arena’s life.

Anyways, you make the claim that mana problems in MTG are not as bad as RNG in Hearthstone. If this is the case, then why did the developers aggressively implement smoothing algorithms to reduce the high-variance in mana in opening hands? Even the developers understood that the MTG mana system makes MTG one of the highest-variance game out there so they took measures to correct it, although it backfired.

BTW, one of the reasons why people won’t touch MTG Arena is because the developers admitted to manipulating various randomized components from opening hands, to draws, to who you get matched up against depending on the game mode. Noone wants to play a game that has several hidden algorithms instead of being random.

1 Like

My favorite part of that whole scandal of smoothing lands in opening hands is that it was players crunching data that discovered the variance anomaly and called out the devs.

It’s also why HS isn’t rigged - because the data don’t lie.

1 Like

I don’t care what you think. Who would report it? It is YOU who is trigger happy. We aren’t pathetic like YOU.

Not insulting, to constantly tell someone they are the problem, when you know nothing? You are harassing and targeting me. You are either a complete idiot or in with HS to think this isn’t insulting. “Just get friends” over and over, when the point of the topic is playing random! You are doing this intentionally! People don’t report you because they aren’t garbage like you! Get it?

Literally said it the first time. You don’t even play the mode. You are just being a jerk. And you are continuing to prove it here. You ignore the point, and just insult me. Then, you claim it’s not an insult.

But my point is that you can play random, and you need random. But you keep ignoring that point, and tell me, “You are the problem,” or “get friends.”

No, you being a trash person and getting away with it is upsetting. And that tone proves that is what you are trying to do. You are trying to be as vile as you can be, just to upset others, but not get banned, because you are a coward yourself. You’ll never say what you really think.

No, I was only correcting spelling/grammar errors, not the content. Again, you assume, to try and project yourself as better somehow. But the reality is that you are pure garbage.

LMFAO!! Finally someone who knows about the MTG Arena trainwreck.

It is surprising that people still play that game when the only game modes that WOTC claimed to not have hidden algorithms was Best-of-3 modes, which not too many play anyways. However, the most popular game modes (Brawl and Play Que) have the greatest amount of hand-smoothing, deck-smoothing, and even matchmaking assistance. Personally, I was able to achieve a 70% winrate in Play Que by exploiting the various algorithms to trick the game into putting me against newbies when in reality, my deck was full of powerful cards; my only losses were against other people who tricked the system better than me. The developers put no fail-safe to prevent their systems from being exploited, which is why so many people either left or resorted to exploiting the hidden algorithms themselves. And do you think that the developers removed these BS hidden algorithms to stop these exploits? Nope. Instead, they made the economy even more predatory and restricting to slow down the hardcore players who mastered every exploit in the game.

Seriously, why play a card game if it does not operate as random as in real-life? That literally defeats the purpose of playing a strategic card game.

2 Likes

It’s very interesting that you decided to ignore this:

You all can’t admit when you are wrong. That’s why you are garbage.

Like look at this garbage and tell me it isn’t insulting:

He is literally intentionally insulting me, and masking it as me being in the wrong. Gaslighting me. Trying to. Me correcting my spelling and grammar because I’m a damn English major and try to take some pride in writing well. I am attacked on that, and he tells me I am in the wrong for it. Obviously I am the victim. And this has been going on for about half a year!

If anything I said got me banned for a month, he should be banned for a year. He has mentally harassed and tormented me for that long. There is no justice.

Well this is the worst case of Anosognosia I’ve ever seen.

Just last month it was a rant about how bad their life was and they wanted to do bad things to themselves. Multiple posts.

And now, apparently, nothing is wrong with them. Yikes.

4 Likes

Yikes. You are just as bad as them, trying to justify their behavior. I shouldn’t expect anything different from you. You are a sheep, despite pretending to have a mind and be atheist.

Yes, all their absolute garbage they gave to me is just ignored because last month there was,

"

So, yeah, me hating life completely correlates with someone harassing me because they are just a jerk. And you excuse them. Oh wait. The irony. How brain-dead you people are is baffling. You are literally harassing me for being harassed. Where does it end?

Please don’t take anything that I said seriously and don’t do anything to harm yourself.

This is me venting, because the MTG community made my experience miserable playing Arena, although I still stand by my claims that everything I said is true.

Lets just agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it. I have no problem with you. Don’t try to act all high and mighty, holy, because you refuse to accept you are wrong and you now see an out.

I’d laugh at myself if I killed myself over your stupid arguments. But seriously, I’m not trying to kill myself. I just hate life. It’s different. Don’t try.

I hate life because garbage like you who won’t admit when they are wrong exist.

Ah, yes, I proved you wrong, and you claim to care, but you won’t even admit you are wrong. That is the trash I am dealing with.

Oh, I’m actually trying to teach and make people better, and I have no attachment to any of it, because there is no point to any of it. I just want you to be better. Who would have thought?

I only dedicated my life to learning and teaching. Omg. There’s no way I was ever sincere!

If I admit that I was wrong then will you no longer post about dark things?