Temporary Changes to Fireside Gatherings

Hey everyone,

In light of the ongoing global health risks associated with in-person gatherings, we are cancelling official Fireside Gatherings for the near future and disabling the ability to create public events. Additionally, any existing public events will be converted to private events.

We do however want individuals at home to have an opportunity to partake in the upcoming Pre-Release weekend, so we’ll be keeping private event functionality intact. Players can register their own one-person event, which still allows the early opening of Ashes of Outland Card Packs the weekend of April 3 – 6.

Over the next week we’ll be implementing this transition of currently scheduled events to private status. Thank you all, innkeepers and patrons, for understanding. We’ll see you in the virtual tavern!

19 Likes

Holy moly this is kinda cool i might be able to finally get that card back. Haha

Can we get Nemsey this way?

1 Like

Innkeeper here. Yes, once you establish your own tavern (takes 2 successfully run FSG), you can earn Nemsy and the card back by yourself.

Hopefully, once the world returns to normal, people will enjoy coming together at one of the public Fireside Gatherings!

3 Likes

Can you elaborate a little more about this? You would need 2 to get nemsy?

1 Like

Thanks for the update Kurt. As of right now, when you go to create an unlisted event, there is nowhere that you can select Ashes of Outlands as a campaign.

“Fireside Gathering Campaigns are special themed events to celebrate the launch of new expansions, seasonal events, or other Hearthstone happenings.”

Basically just after confirmation before I make a private event that it’s not available to do just yet.

Can we open packs with gold or just pre-orders?

Pre-order events have so far not allowed you to buy packs from the upcomming expansion with gold.

Is there any way you could make it possible to establish a tavern when it’s unlisted? I’ve been meaning to establish one but hadn’t had the time till being stuck at home now.
I was planning on getting a tavern up and running over the weekend (that was the earliest it would let me list) so I could get Nemsy after it. All my fam are into hearthstone so we figured we’d do something fun while all in the house. Obviously, we can still have a gathering, but I’m kinda bummed we won’t be able to get Nemsy.

2 Likes

Please, I pray for that day to return SOON! NOW!

And if you can’t pray, at least do your part to observe social distancing and wash your hands often!

Our forefathers went to war to survive, and now we are merely asked to stay at home to survive and help your loved ones survive! Pls, you can do it!

@Kurt Orcher I was wondering how I can get fireside gathering to work. I have created a private event and it was approved, yet I still have not been able to attend my event. I have been searching all over and posted on reddit, yet I still haven’t found any resource as to how to get it to work.

For me, I just had to launch the game while I was signed in on the same account I used to create the gathering. The app asked me for some information to launch the gathering, and then I was able to open my Outland packs.

I had a similar problem. I even ended up creating 3 events trying to find a solution. I eventually got it to work by doing the following:

• If you create the event on a desktop computer, activate the WiFi connection for that computer (in other words, it has to be connected to the Internet through the WiFi and not through the Ethernet port).
  • When you create the event, use the name of your WiFi network as the VENUE NAME. Also use your home address for the STREET ADDRESS (I suspect it could still work if you put in another address, but I didn’t want to take any chances).

Let us know if that resolved your problem. :grinning:

How do i set up my own fireside if I’m not fully established?

There’s no instructions on how to join, but you set it up at firesidegatherings[dot]com/en-us/create. You can create one even if you’re not fully established.

Edit: I finally found how to join: When you log in to Hearthstone, click your friends list, then click the little > to the right of your name, then click “Fireside Gathering”. Then you’ll be able to start it.