Tavern brawl details don't match tavern brawl

“Build a deck of any size, and we’ll fill the rest of the 30 cards with Shadow Reflections that copy the last card you play.”

This isn’t how the tavern brawl actually works at all. The Shadow Reflections text is “each time you play a card, transform this into a copy of it until the end of your turn.”

“The last card you play” and “until the end of your turn” are two very different things that would make creation of the tavern brawl deck VERY different.

It would be nice if the game actually played out the way it is said it is going to.

1 Like

I get your confusion, but they kinda expect us to know what the Shadow Reflection card is this many years after its introduction.

2 Likes

Maybe they shouldn’t expect everyone to remember every single card in the game, or think that new players would have any idea.

Clear communication has been an issue for as long as the Shadow Reflection has been a thing. This is just another case of that.

1 Like

I get it, but thats just not how they make their games with blizz. if you ever played vanilla wow circa 2005 the quests were so vague with their directions and where to go and what to do and back then without questhelper out yet it was a genuine mystery as to what anything meant for you to do.

It took many years and much work from the players to generate the Quality of Life upgrade that is Questhelper and nowadays Questie. Blizz wont ever make that part of their workload or the design of their games. The players gotta find the resources they need, or make them themselves.

I had the same confusion as you, on the first pass. But I figured it out after my first attempt, retooled a little, and played again. Going in blind to the tavern brawls, I find a fifth of them don’t work exactly like I expected. Sometimes it’s a few minutes wasted; often it’s still worth 1 game toward the weekly quest.