Take/swap/drop card from your opponents hand & deck mechanic

This mechanic is straightforward bad & lazy game design for a damn card game. I am investing in one card (Sif) for the entire game and then puff, all the effort & thinking has gone out of the window. It’s kinda frustrating. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Personally I’m just confused as to why Gnomeferatu is a 2 mana 2/3 with the effect that is has? Like…what? Shouldn’t it be a 2/2…or a 1/2…or a 1/1? Or remain the same stat but 3 mana? I honestly don’t understand why it exists in a broken state (not broken like omg everyone complains about it, but broken like why is it premium stats premium mana premium+ effect?

1 Like

It’s necessary in today’s HS. Especially with all the ways a person can win from hand.

That’s putting all your eggs in one basket. I think it’s a pretty fair matchup; if you get to play sif, you win. If your opponent plays theotar/mutanus/whatever, he wins.
It’s a good idea to have more than one wincon. Or at least some sort of backup plan.

ehhh. Is that really broken though? Tickatus is 8/8 at 6 mana and destroys 5.
Obviously Gnomeferatu doesn’t need to be corrupted but it feels pretty normal with all the powercreep today.

2 Likes

Tickatus is a bad comparison (same with Symphony and anything else). We are talking about a 2 mana card which can be played early and with the potential effect of “win the game on the spot” at no negative cost, no downside, nothing. Yes it is broken. I already wrote all the ways it could/would/should be balanced.