Sunset Volley + Shudderblock

This thing can’t target heroes? Bollocks. Sunset Volley three times in a row from 1 mana tentacle.

If a battlecry says “deal x damage” then the damage is set to 0 if repeated with Shudderblock.

But it is the spell of the tentacles which deals the damage not the battlecry itself. So Shudderblock can deal damage in that case.

1 Like

This sounds like a scenario I would like to do to others! :smiling_imp:

shudderblock is a joke of a card compared to the still not nerfed deepminder brann. f----- joke they haven’t touched brann after designer shudderblock.

good

we dont need nerfs to fun cards which arent broken

Shudderblock card text:
Battlecry: Your next Battlecry trigger 3 times, but can’t damage the enemy hero.

You understand English Boreas? The next 3 battlecry DO NOT HIT THE HERO.

But you know… IT DOES.

Therefore Shudderwock is broken.

The battlecry isn’t damaging the hero. The battlecry is casting a spell. The spell is damaging the hero

2 Likes

It’s easy. Just kill them turn 5

Chaotic Tendril card text says. BATTLECRY: Cast a random…

It’s a BATTLECRY. It triggers 3 times. Who cares what it triggers it can cast magical unicorn for all I care. If it’s under Shudderblock influence that BATTLECRY should NOT DAMAGE THE ENEMY HERO.

Why is it so strange to understand that the text doesn’t make sense, and that indeed this card doesn’t do what it says and is therefore broken.

Exactly. The battlecry says that it will cast a random spell.

It does not say “deal x damage”.

If the battlecry itself would deal damage then it would be set to 0.

But the battlecry casts a random spell and then the spell is doing the damage not the battlecry.

2 Likes

But I don’t care that it cast RANDOM spells. It can SUMMON a minion that charge the enemy hero for all I care. As long as it UNDER SHUDDERBLOCK INFLUENCE… THAT SPELL/MINION/HERO shoud NOT be able to DEAL DAMAGE TO THE ENEMY HERO.

The foundation is THE BATTLECRY. No battlecry, no spell.

Precisely. Look at the card.

Legendary · Minion · Whizbang

It does not say: “If a battlecry is triggered 3 times by Shudderblock the enemy hero becomes immun this turn.”

It says: " Your next Battlecry triggers 3 times, but can’t damage the enemy hero."

The opponent can’t take damage from the battlecry which states that a random spell is cast and he doesn’t because just a random spell is created and that action in of itself does not deal damage.

The battlecry is not the source of the damage. The source is the spell which inflicts damage.

1 Like

That’s saying that shudderblock is a joke compared to a joke. Brann Warrior is a Tier 3 deck.