Stuck at Tavern Doors Opening Screen

Ever since the update, I’ve not been able to log in to the game. It just goes directly to the Hearthstone screen with the tavern doors and nothing happens–no voice, just a repetitive brightening and darkening of the background light of the tavern behind the doors.

I’ve logged out an logged in.
I’ve restarted.
I’m on a Mac laptop.

10 Likes

Eldad

1 post

17h

same issue here. tried the repair tool, reinstalling the game, changing region, random fixes i’ve found online and nothing has worked. game just freezes at the tavern doors and does nothing else. mine won’t even time out.

Assailant

2 posts

11h

Im with Eldad… nothing fixed it. Metalagon got my hopes up and Blizzard put them down yet again! crying laughing face emoji nonsense I will will never purchase anything from Blizzard ever again. I am a store manager for a global corporation, I have little time to spend “enjoying” a game let alone playing one. The 30 minutes I spend “goofing around to get my mind off things” each day can not be wasted on trying to fix something just to appreciate it and I find myself in this position quite a bit over the years. I spent 15 minutes trying to patch, 5 minutes writing this and I will use the last 10 to smoke a cigarette. I want you to know how disappointed I am Blizzard. I wonder how MTGArena is. Tomorrow I will find out

Paka

2 posts

10h

Same Here :frowning: Im very sad about it, they launch a “Great Patch” with new cards and you are hype about it and then this happen, and blizzard aint saying anything… they could say " we screwed up, We are trying to fix it, and will be an ingame compensation" but NOTHING. whats the idea of blizzard? trying to give up and brake the company?

Kelcimer

2 posts

10h

Metalagon,

You said the following:

Metalagon:

I’ve seen this error before, so this is specific for anyone showing that “HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1.” phrase on the main screen.

What about for those of us who are not seeing this message?

I just copied what was said in another topic but its the same issue… I am also on a Mac

I have the same problem as well.

Mac Laptop. Restarted. Uninstalled, Reinstalled. Power Cycled. Flushed DNS. Submitted a ticket. Did a chat with no success.

It’s incredibly disappointing to pay $$$ (hundreds over the past few years) and not even being able to open the game.

Same problem here on a Mac laptop. Stuck on the opening tavern screen. Says the game is running in the blizzard app but game never opens. Nothing solves the problem.

So I think I figured it out… I run a MacBookPro(bought it back in 2013) and I can only imagine the video card or something of that nature is no longer supported. Back in 2014 Blizzard launched a patch for Diablo2(I know, Im archaic) that wouldn’t work with windows XP. The forums were in an uproar and Blizzard said nothing(still to this day!) but we all did our homework and figured it out then… Blizzard made a patch that they knew full well would not work with older models of PC, OS, video card, etc. but they wouldn’t tell you that was the reason you were unable to play because then we would raise hell about it. Its not like we are going to go out and spend money on a new computer/parts to to be able to play regardless of people who could or couldn’t afford it. Hell… Diablo 2 still won’t work on Macs and they never bothered and never cared. Balls in your court Blizzard… Prove me wrong and shut me up. You could atlas say something. 141 new tech support topics… Hire some people, devote some time, EARN that money you’re making off of us!!!

1 Like

I have the same problem with a pc.

I’m having the same problem but on mobile.
(Samsung S10)

When I launch the app it get stuck on the tabern doors.

Reinstallation did not fix the problem.

I have the same issue. Stuck on tavern doors. Have to force quit the game because the cpu just goes nuts. Repair/Reinstall/Changing regions does not work.
MacBook Pro. OS: 10.10.5
Hope this gets fixed soon!

1 Like

Hey all,

It looks like the majority of these reports are from unsupported operating systems. Before troubleshooting further please verify the device is supported.

For mobile device users, please try switching between Cellular vs Home networks to verify any differences. The Tavern Doors being closed is typically a connection issue. Uninstalling / reinstalling the game may also help.

2 Likes

My Mac OS was compatible last week. If Blizzard is making it so that my OS is no longer compatible with Hearthstone, then is Blizzard going to refund the expansions and packs that I have bought over the past three years? If Blizzard doesn’t want to support my OS anymore, then that’s a decision your company can make, but it seems fair if you are going to make the game inaccessible to me that I receive that refund.

7 Likes

After being a loyal and avid Hearthstone player for few years now, I find it greatly dissappointing that Blizzard would just snub their loyal paying fans like this. No early notice, no loyalty to customers, no nothing. Hearthstone appealed so much to me since it is part of the Blizzard world I loved and grew up with, but since starting working life I simply do not have the time and investment in a good computer to play the other Blizzard games. Hearthstone fitted that niche where I can run it on my Macbook Air and just re-live a bit of childhood Blizzard for an hour a day. Truly disappointed at this betrayal.

Same for me since the 3rd or 4th on a mac home pc

What kind of nonsense answer is that blizzard? My macbook was fine one week ago and now you do an update and tell me I can’t play. You can’t just do that without any notice or compensation. I would expect a full refund of my account as I have nothing else to play on besides my macbook. Fix this issue or the community will take further action. This is literally theft.

2 Likes

Same problem, I have a mac from 2014, hearthstone has worked perfectly fine since I started playing a couple of years ago. I believe, the update which brought the 4th or 5th chapter of ROS caused the problem.

Welcome to the wonderful world of electronics and gaming!!!

For those who aren’t aware, and really you should be by now, technology tends to change in cycles every few years.

For games, this usually means major changes and updates in hardware and software. This tends to invalidate previous versions of software/hardware, when major improvements /changes are made.

Which inevitably leads to what you experienced. So, you can sit there and say the patch broke your device - but it isn’t true. You’ve held on to a device well past it’s prime use (at least for gaming); and now changes have been made which your device can no longer handle.

A lot of us play on a budget, but some accept the fact that their device will “become obsolete”. This is especially true for laptops, tablets, and phones - due to their severely limited upgrade-ability.

Cars can be considered antiques after 25 years. Electronics these days reach that in 5-7; if you’ve had a device that long, you more than likely have gotten your money’s worth out of it. Buck up and keep up with technology.

2 Likes

Please explain why I’m experiencing the same issue on my samsung galaxy s10 plus then.

Same issue here, also on Samsung S10. Was working fine yesterday morning but havent been able to log in since yesterday afternoon, roughly 6-8 hours later

Hi Kaldraydis,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please explain why you (Blizzard) choose to make your game incompatible with devices that worked as little as two weeks ago? And without warning? I’m running iOS 10.10.5 and have been able to run the game uptill this latest update.

I agree with Kelcimer that it is only fair that we are compensated for any purchases made in the years of hearthstone (in my case since BETA), because we no longer have access to the content!

Other than this, I have been attempting to access Hearthstone on my iPhone X with the SAME RESULT! I’m running 12.2.

I’ve been a loyal Blizzard customer since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was released.

Please fix this instead of giving us a bulls#€t answer.

Hey all,

PC Users: If your computer IS supported, you’re having a different issue than the one mentioned by Caterpepi. Try restarting the device and resetting your password if that fails.

Mobile Users: If your mobile device is supported, - this is related to this thread. Please post in that thread about your issue.

Beyond that, it’s either a connection or account issue. Test another account on the same device. If a different account works, you need to contact support for help with your main account. If it fails on a separate account you’ll want to try connection troubleshooting or start your own thread.

I’m locking this thread, check the information above to figure out what to do about your individual issue.

2 Likes