State of the Meta - Monthly top 500 Legend Perspective

Is your real name in real life Schyla though?

Sus

1 Like

It’s whatever you want it to be for the right price honey boo-boo.

5 Likes

If they really wanted dragon priest to be a thing again they should have given priest some cheaper dragons with useful effects…specially considering how many cheap powerful minions there are for other classes. It is nice to have drakonid op back but in this meta he may as well be a turn 5 do nothing card that aggro decks can ignore. And what happened to priest healing? Both paladin and warlock have better healing tools that can actually affect the board or have additional effects. As a priest player, I hate Switcheroo for just being a coin flip and not even a guranteed win anyways when everyone runs starfish now. Dragon priest is dead in the water, so what does leave? Shadow style with subpar tools and no healing? Priest is bottom tier yet again.

1 Like

Yeah it should only discover non-legendary pirates.

Got a legitimate chuckle from your response! :laughing:

1 Like

I played since 2014 as well, have posted plenty before, albeit not recently, and yet my counter is 50 or so. it is sus

AHHHRRGGG, the people in this thread make me want to pull whats left of my hair out! If he hadn’t posted about his level the same people complaining about it would have demanded he show what level he was playing on to prove he isn’t some silver scrub, he does just that and people jump all over it as bragging! Almost everyone except Kill went from ‘these are valid/invalid points and here’s why i agree or disagree’ to you’re a liar we don’t believe your rank.
I’ve have been playing since beta and have never gotten out of Gold but his “nerfs” seem reasonable, now only Blizz has 100% accurate stats but every nerf they have ever done seem to be a short sighted nerf, not taking into account what will rise to take its place (when most of the community knows).
And as for power creep, anyone who says its not a thing is just plain WRONG!!! I can’t even begin to explain how wrong they are except to say remember when a 4 mana 4/5 that did nothing was a power move! (I’m looking at you yeti!).

I belive you 100% no need to show me any pics .

3 Likes

Do you have a pricing table?

On the one hand, I don’t think it’s great to have games decided too much by draw and not enough by skill.

But more importantly, your core assumption here is that the purpose of nerfs is something other than balance. 50% winrate IS balance, and balance is a subset of design but not all design is balance. If you ask me, redesigning cards for other than balance purposes and big fixes should be completely off the table after release. So hard no on your position here.

So only one and single question.

Why would a supposed mech mage meta be bad?

Yes if it strapolates i not against a nerf BUT we also need a better argument than MAYBE “insert whatever deck here” can get powerful for a prevention nerf.

i see people talking about dragon priest. which deck was this? the only dragon priest i remember used raza, anduin as win-con. was there another i am forgetting? are you referencing galakrond dragon priest? Not important, just curious.

How can you not know the power house that was Dragon Priest?
https://playhearthstone.com/cards/86535-drakonid-operative
This card before nerfs was a true meta breaker, i miss those days.

yeah i know but it was in raza dragon priest…was a strong inclusion but raza and anduin was the win-con. don’t see how it could be recreated without those. unless it was in a different deck that existed before i started playing, i started the december before gadgetstan was released. so i could just not know the deck.

Lol no it wasnt i couldnt care less about a win con , i would just steal whatever the opponent win con was .

Lmao Raza didnt even play that, much more fun to turn whatever my opponent had against him .

I think the last game i played with Draconid i played like 6 in the same game , there was no playing around it.

to be fair i was quite the noob back then. maybe i didn’t use it to its full potential. i remember it being good, but the way i played the deck back then it didn’t seem to be the powerhouse to me that you remember. as new to the game as i was then, it’s probably on me, that i didn’t recognize its strength. ty for responding though.

The Secret agent coming through was more than good it made Dragon Priest a real deck.

1 Like

Blizzard seems to be hinting at dragon priest by giving interesting dragon for priest and neutral, but somehow chose to include lightbomb instead of dragonfire potion in the core set.

For me, personally, I’m referring way back to 2015 - that’s when I joined, and priest got some decent dragon synergy with Grand Tournament. :slight_smile:

Complex algorithm that spits out a number based on each individual user. Price goes up the more one annoys me.

Spoiler alert: It’s a rigged algorithm.

2 Likes