Standard\Wild Same

2024 Standard Hearth now feels completely like Wild Hearth.

In the past, the difference between the two formats was Standard did not have such nutty power swings as Wild.

So why have a division at this point?

1 Like

Wild by definition has more power, because it has more choice and more choice is power.

And it’s proven in practice when it has OTKs on round 2.

1 Like

I think they have it divided because it helps them sell more card packs or something. Because yeah there’s little difference these days. Used to be you took a standard deck into wild and it would lose. Now you can take a standard deck into wild and it’s just as likely to win or lose. Wild is like the NBA except it also includes all the retired players. Standard is like the NBA with current players only. Very little difference.

I think there’s a pretty good presence of combo, midrange, aggro, and control decks in standard right now. Maybe before combo was overbearing (combo has had some top decks in the last 2 years that have all, more or less, been nerfed), but standard is in a way better shape than wild. In wild you’re lucky to get to turn 10, I still see Reno being played all the time in Standard.

Wild is way more nutty than standard. Not even close to the same.

1 Like

What you mean by this is that 2024 Standard feels “completely like” 2019 Wild to you. Plus or minus 3 years.

I assure you, there is still a big difference for people who don’t base their impression of Wild entirely on nostalgia.

1 Like

Wild is so funny if you stay bellow diamond.

I only played in wild mode until I understood that among many druid builds, the strongest and easiest to manage is the mill deck, a combo is making the opponent draw a lot of cards and watching them die from fatigue! I call this an anti-game deck, other classes have a variation of this type of deck! I gave up on wild mode and focused on standard mode, getting a legend in standard mode is much easier and more enjoyable! I got it last night! Cry to the Brazilian who speaks to you! That’s delicious! One thing is certain, I have already secured my trunk and you??
…

I wish you a lot of fight there, in the D1 bottleneck!!

Last time I played Wild I was basically facing Standard decks. Might be different now. I haven’t played in who knows how long and I quit altogether.

Yes, you can win with a standard deck, at least on Gold V. I just tried it with the highlander control warrior free deck that I received for being a returned played, and can win.