Standard and your matchmaking system

Understand that a 1% variance is readily observable across large data sets like HSReplay and VS.

You also need to understand that there are thirty cards in the deck, but the odds of seeing a card in your mulligan that you likely have two of in your deck is much higher than 1:100, which is what you’re alleging. That’s indistinguishable both functionally and rationally from random… so what’s the point?

I mean, there’s no reason to risk the farm, so to speak, to basically do nothing.

Seems like a long walk for little to no payoff.

That sort of thing would be like a flashing neon sign in the data sets. It’s just way too easy to see a deviation from expected matching.

No, you aren’t. Your allegations are unfalsifiable, so the result is that you must prove your claims.

We don’t get it because you haven’t made an actual point. You’ve told us all it will be uuuge, but then never actually submitted a proposal to vote on.

“Man, this rogue is 49 and 51 over my last hundred games. I guess I will have to buy more cards because it would have been 50 and 50 if I had…”

Doesn’t that sound stupid? It makes zero sense.

You need to give us something that is even plausible here, and what you propose is pretty awful.

Okay. If ya don’t get it, ya don’t get it. All the information is here. I’m not going to talk in circles over this.

I get what you are saying, but I’m telling you it’s stupid and wrong.

Why would anyone go out of their way to do what you suggest when it literally makes no difference?

They want to make money, not waste it.

People arguing about a garbage matchmaking system used by a company with questionable at best ethics. It is laughable.

People that can’t win at a card game blaming the match making instead of their own suckage.

It is laughable.

1 Like

Nope. If I remember correctly you were in “high gold” before, and if you’re below Diamond 5 you only need a 45.34% winrate or higher to climb ranks.

This 1% thing seems silly to me, but ultimately he is just suggesting that it’s possible they are manipulating something for profits.

Could they? Yes. I don’t see why they couldn’t be capable of accomplishing this.

The problem is this. Loads of complaints. Rigged this, unbalanced that…so on and so on. If this code is active, it is simultaneously both obvious to players and invisible in the data. It is also simultaneously both driving people away from the game and increasing profits (profits seem to be the popular motive for such a code).

If such a code exists, regardless of how it works, it would be the cause of every ‘The game is rigged’ post. “Forced 50% win rates”, “Dirty Rat favors Legendary cards”, “F2P players held back” and EVERY single other rigged complaint would all be talking about the same exact code. That just doesn’t seem possible to me, especially since a lot of the rigged complaints contradict each other.

3 Likes

But what and how? How would it work exactly?

That’s the thing, if it’s undetectable in the data, it’s useless in practice. No one cares.

Literally every game like this has these issues. Most online games have those who say it’s rigged.

The idea that game is rigged is unrelated to the games, but a function of the gamers.

And you’re on to something by suggesting they are all the same, but has nothing to do with any code in any game, lol.

That’s exactly it - they are inconsistent and contradictory.

Every time we have to add another step to get there, the conspiracy is less likely. Like with HS, I can’t believe someone wouldn’t have leaked it already in nearly a decade of the game’s life if there was some nefarious match issue.

I mean, an intelligent person can see how decks would change over time in the match based on wins and losses alone without even considering cards in a players decks.

The match looks at who you win against and who they win against and pairs up similar results to determine skill. I’m not going to draw it all out, but an intelligent person could think through a series of binary choices and see how the trends in decks could change even without the match considering the deck.

2 Likes

Beautifully written.

2 Likes

That doesn’t really follow. Why are you assuming that if one is true, they are all true?

Also, it’s not obvious to players…uh??? You’re literally say you don’t believe it.

I’m not. At least some of them would have to be false. Without data backing them up, I don’t really see a reason to believe one over another. Some complaints are also quite elaborate, so they could be only partially correct, who’s to say?

Because I haven’t seen actual data to support it. If at least some of the posts are false (and at LEAST some of them have to be), then all of them could be. Without actual data backing them up, what makes player A’s experience more valid than player B’s?

I’ve played off and on since launch and have encountered all the same things the rest of you have. Some conclude the game is obviously rigged because of it. I don’t.

1 Like

Fubar, you need to understand that Bloodbane is a sophisticated rigging believer. He understands that it isn’t obvious that it’s true. He still says it’s true though.

So, you’re admitting that your explanation doesn’t make sense and is kind of all over the place? I’m just going to…uh…I think you’re quite confused. So, I’ll go back to playing.

Stop bullying people you don’t know on the internet because they think differently than you about a video game. It makes you look weak minded and insecure. Who cares what other people think let it go. Its a bad look.

2 Likes

Nice try, but what I am saying is you haven’t given any explanation that passes even basic logical checks.

This is literally a discussion forum where people debate opinions and facts to come to conclusions, and if you think that’s bullying then you should sign off and not return.

Further, the fact that every time you say something stupid here people call it stupid is a feature, not a bug.

Unlike ignoring the validity of people’s posts and just flinging unfounded personal attacks, that’s big brain in your world?

You have the market on this cornered, so there’s honestly no room for the rest of us.

1 Like

It’s really sad that you have to go and prove Rayray right like this.