Standard and your matchmaking system

I don’t mean to be rude, but there is no “high” about gold.

The bots are all over, even in low MMR legend.

Yes and no.

There are blizzard bots in standard that are supposed to be there and there are now an influx of illegal player farm bots.

The player farm bots are very often of the unholy DK variety from what I have seen.

1 Like

Aside from the last 2 months, for a year I was in Diamond. I spent 10k on the previous expansion and got garbage. I couldn’t even make a decent deck with the dust. I ended up with about 800 dust. I’d have to disenchant so many cards to make a decent deck…the power creep is just nuts, n apparently I chose the wrong cards to form a base some time ago… Seriously, going from Diamond 5 forca tear to struggling out of Gokd makes you realize how bad the power creep is atm.

So, you’re saying all of Gold has the same MMR? Hmm, I don’t mean to be rude, but I think you are being rude, and not totally honest.

So what was your star bonus to start this season? Because as long as you have stars, you’re matched by MMR.

If you’re matching to bots, do the math.

If you’re matched by rank (because you don’t have a star bonus anymore) then the game is trying to gift you a win to keep you climbing. That’s literally what the bots do.

Separate blizzard bots from player bots, though. The player bots actually tend to rank up while the blizzard bots can’t be added as friends.

Start friending the DKs and see how many of them are people.

I did not say this at all. If you are playing in gold with no stars, you are matched by ranking and your MMR doesn’t matter.

If you have a star bonus and you’re getting blizzard bots, you have low MMR and that’s not my call, it’s literally how the game works now.

1 Like

There is no such algorithm; you are seeing what people are playing.

Just as you get to play what you want, so does everyone else (whether you like it or not).

You are not being matched with decks; you are being matched with opponents (who have free will.)

Specifically, the way a generic matchmaking system works is: players are matched against each other based on the amount of time they’ve been waiting in queue, pulling the two who have been waiting longest. There is no random number generation, the algorithm itself is purely non-random. What creates the “randomness” is when other players decide to press the button to join the queue; it’s literally their free will generating the randomness.

A matchmaking by skill algorithm is a variation on this. A player will be held in queue unless there is another player with a rating that’s within a particular range to pair them with. The longer a player waits before getting a match, the more the acceptable range will be increased. These days, after a certain amount of waiting the system will consider a Blizzard bot to be an acceptable opponent, and match you against that instead of a human just to get you out of the queue. But the point is that time spent in queue is always a factor, and rating is just an additional factor. Still no RNG involved.

I think BlizzBots are BS but this is how things work now.

1 Like

So today´s conspiracy is that if you create off-meta deck you get immediately countered? I thought it is other way around - if you create off-meta deck you confuse the system so much it wouldn´t know what to do and then you got eazy peazy wins - as was said here:
Created an off meta deck to confuse the matchmaking system
Now I am genuinely confused, could you “matchmaking rigged brigade” please at least stick with one version of your theory and not contradict yourselves?

your entire post comes off being written by a…young mind, so im going to politely patronize you as such while i right your wrongs.

1. Understand that you cannot come up here saying you somehow “see more than us” and “play ALOT ALOT” basically insinuating you have expertise we plebs don’t have here, so we should probably just nod at what you have to say cause you’re special.

2. Token decks are frankly one of the easiest to counter. Put some board generation with taunt and/or lifesteal and a bunch of removal in your deck and its GG WP. Just won’t do you alot of good when you’re up against a combo deck but thats how this game’s rock paper scissors work.

3. Certain decks in the meta belong to certain ranks, there are plenty ‘rank floors’ where you start to see a certain deck way more than before. You might be in the Token DK rank, hardstuck cause they counter your homebrew deck. It’s better than running into the wall of face hunter from diamond 5 to legend.

4. After you’ve lost a couple games, then try to switch to a deck that is meant to turn it around and you get another deck a couple times meaning your turnaround failed, its normal to be looking for some kind of link. But there is none, people sometimes forget about the RNG in RNGStone. Keep queueing your homebrew and hope you find something you counter, or change your decklist (or even netdeck like the other millions of us plebs did once in our lives before we got good at homebrewing) .

Keep up lil homie you got the spirit, it’s just that you chose a wrong gun with wrong ammo and aimed it at the wrong targets (this forum). Nobody will take you serious if you start your take with ‘i see/know more than others in here out of experience/skill diff’. You aren’t the first and you won’t be the last, but the community reaction stays negative.

1 Like

The trouble is that when they add all these data sets (and all of the other meta data collected in hearthstone) together, it proves the MMR system isn’t rigged, so they won’t do that.

Hell, I just saw a Twitter thread the other day complaining about the MMR system and lack of deck variety in 20 games of the top 10 legend…

It’s 10 people… how much variety do they expect?

1 Like

I have a star bonus. And yeah, more token DK today. Clearly not bots. They play like humans.

You said there is no such thing as “high gold” implying that your rank and mmr don’t matter in gold.

And I stand by the idea that there is not a “high gold” as gold is a low rank. So low as to not really matter.

That low rank is why it’s bot infested.

The UUU bots are the flavor of the month right now. You’re seeing stacks of them.

I posted this in another thread this morning. Let Zeddy tell you more.

This is a HUGE PROBLEM that is DESTROYING HEARTHSTONE! Blizzard needs to do SOMETHING! - YouTube

So, as I said, you are being rude. And condescending.

I’m telling you, it’s not bots I’m seeing. Actually people are clearly playing token unholy to try and get Graveyard Shift off. I believe my star bonus is 7 or 10, btw.

Get out of gold then talk. There is not “high gold” because that’s an oxymoron.

I’m sure some of them are people, but that’s also the flavor of the month for bots because it’s so linear to play.

Again, rude and condescending. Wouldn’t want to talk to, as…well, you’re not very intelligent.

Obviously there is a point. Someone who is Gold 10 with no mmr would obviously have a higher chance of facing bots.

I am telling you, I’m playing them quite a bit and they are obviously people. How would you even know? You’re not playing them.

So, anyways, clearly your rank hasn’t made you worth talking to. But-bye.

When you consider facts be rude, then you have a maturity problem.

Says the guy who can’t beat bots?

They are everywhere. They are at legend, my dude. We are not talking about the blizzard bots here.

First, as I said, “high gold” is an oxymoron. It’s like saying I finished 26th out of thirty, but it was a high 26th. You can complain about my intellect, but nothing about gold ranking is high.

Second, yes, as I said, the bots are everywhere.

This is where it started, and then I explained it further.

And you got pissy because you didn’t like the truth.

Enjoy your bots, have a great day.

1 Like

…you really are the immature one…this is pointless.

Look, I told you my situation: I don’t have the dust or gold to upgrade my deck. You’re basically telling me to spend money to rank up so I have the “privilege” to discuss with you an issue in lower ranks. …Yeah…

What “facts”? ??? That you believeing there is no difference between Gold 10 and Gold 1, and that mmr doesn’t matter there? That’s factually wrong.

Geesh, what are, 14? Let your brain grow more before trying to “debate” on the internet.

Also, I was Diamond for nearly a year straight, have been legendary, and been playing since geesh, I dunno, at keast 2015. I have a lot experience in many areas of the game. You thinking my opinion doesn’t matter is indeed rude, condescending, and ignorant. On top of that, your initial “I don’t mean to be rude, but…” was all those things. You lack basic the intelligence to have an opinion. Be gone, child.

No one brought up your deck. I don’t even know what deck you’re playing.

I also don’t think you need to do anything.

Play at gold. I don’t care. Just don’t call it “high gold” because that’s not an accurate description.

Your mmr doesn’t change noticeably while you rank with bonus stars unless you just lose and lose and lose.

You’re playing the same player pool from bronze until you run out of stars because it’s MMR based… so there is not “high gold” because you aren’t actually playing gold players.

More insults, lol, awesome. You got really prickly about this idea that high gold isn’t a thing. Why does that make you so angry?

Great? What does this mean? Are you now trying to say your opinion is factually correct because you’ve played so much? I have a similar resume in this game. It makes very little difference here when you’re ignoring the salient points because they don’t fit your ideal.

Oh, so this is you angry about your “high gold” skillz and you’re blaming me because the bots are giving you fits.

Sounds really mature. I should learn from you, I guess.

I’m sorry you’re hard stuck. I am not. Maybe you should ask the good people here for more help with the match up instead of blaming everyone else for telling you the truth.

This is where I rolled my eyes

This is where I rolled my eyes even harder

Alright. So, what is your explanation? What is this NEW matchmaking system?

Unless the screenshot is of your data of a decent sized sample size, maybe ~1,000 games, it’s not worth the effort

Do this 10000 times, post your results and I might believe you.

Lol no you wouldn’t.

Why would you guys guess, or assume I’m unintelligent, or that I really don’t play that much. It feels like a bunch of naysayers. This game manipulates allot of things, but the n decidedly doesn’t touch others. I’m going to stick to my guns, i didn’t just bring this up because I’m butt hurt. This is what I’m noticing, and noticing since they made the matchmaking change that they even publicized. I was all gung-ho for the change when i read about it, now i’ve experienced it. Another example if that there are some meta decks i never play. I look then up and they just aren’t my style. Then after sometimes months, i’ll copy them from HSReplay and play it the first time. So i’ve played lets say (i’m making this number up) 150 games with the same 2-3 decks for lets say 3 months. Then I say well, let me try this finally just to get a feel for it and maybe learn more about it’s faults. I copy it, load it up, play a game (SAME RANK I’ve been playing for weeks, same meta, etc) then on the very first game, i play against some deck I’ve NEVER seen before. The developers have already said they manipulate the matchmaking, I’m just saying it’s not fair, at least to me, because no matter when I do personally in deck building to work against the meta, which is something I love to do… I like non-meta, or slightly tweaked anti-meta decks, they are now thwarting that. You don’t have to believe me, but I’ll stick to my guns on this. I think it’s too much, too invasive.