Something that would please both us and the developers

Duels will die. Mercenaries is already dead. Twist is destined to die. These are modes that require attention from the developers, with balancing and updates. So why not think about modes that can be “built” by players, with what is already present in the game?
Duo in standard or wild would not require any constant intervention, because it would rely on patches for standard and, once every ten years, wild. A Duo meta could be different from the classic one, for example a control deck could make up for the shortcomings of an aggro/otk. I understand that most HS players are sweet, innocent, lonely kids ready to insult the first person who beats them up, but a large portion of players would open Battle.net just to have fun with friends. I spend half my time on HS playing Battleground and standard with friends. I would have a lot of fun if I could collaborate with someone to climb a parallel rank. Obviously the “ranked” should be done with people of my level, while with a friend next to us we could be satisfied with a for fun rank to pair up players of various levels. Or even make it a requirement to be at the same ranking, but that would be a bit no sense. Or any other requirement. If they wanted to also create minions that help this duo mode it would be cool, but it’s not necessary.
The same goes for a tournament mode, where you don’t need to balance. Everyone would continue to exploit it with standard decks. At most, future changes might just add obtainable rewards or something like that.
It would be nice if the critical and negative responses were accompanied by an argument, because every time I talk about it the only response is “no one would play it”. I know at least fifty people who would approve of these additions, so it’s safe to assume there are many more.

2 Likes