So... Warrior, Warlock and Hunter questline in Wild

Hello community, been playing Wild since release and seriously I haven’t seen a meta breaker as conclusive as United in Stormwind’s. Honestly, I would dare to call this expansion Cataclysm in Stormwind instead. It shook the very foundations of the world we were sitting at.

Well, Lately I am playing Kingsbane Rogue, and I pull some wins against D6 Warlock due to its suicidal nature, I seldom overrun Hunter’s unidirectional game, but so far I haven’t been able to pull a W off Warrior’s pirate dictatorship.

This makes me sad, because before I used to complaint about Rez Priest while I was playing my humble Jungle Giants Druid Taunt deck, but now… Neither the priest finds a turn to Rez and the Barnabus is long extinct in the tar pits of Un’Goro.

Hey! Why is it taking Blizzard this long to address the elephant in the room, very good proposals for fixing Wild state have been shared (my favorite is Out of.cards’ raising the cost of final rewards to 7 up from 5) and you gotta see it yourself, I use to score upper Diamond ranks with an Outcast Demon Hunter, now my only available option is the Rogue because it can pull overly aggressive wins at turn 6 if mulligan cards are right. But with WWH questlines? lol they can roll the face on the keyboard if they see it fit, whatever goes into those hands lead to quest completion and synergizes well with their respective archetypes.

“You were supposed to bring balance to the Wild format! Not leave it in darkness!”

Don’t complete the above quote to us Blizzard, give us diversity back again.

6 Likes

There might be some balance patches in localization for a week. ( Translating and writing it for all the other languages). but yeah, it might be another 1 mana nerf for all we know. Or a ban, idk.

I agree, it completely warped the meta, they didn’t respond fast enough for it. They balanced standard so slowly, and then warlock warped the meta, killed homebrewing, and people copied the deck either to try the new candy or get easy wins. (Doesn’t help it’s also dominating both formats, at least at standard top 100 to 1k legend is like 80% warlock, warlock, and warlock with side of more warlock and the odd dh or garrote rogue. :roll_eyes: ), and it also breaks wild.

If a card breaks both formats, it isn’t balanced imo except against itself. We had the same conversation with nagalock about how the deck tracker once listed literal 60-80% winrates vs every other matchup except a 50% winrate vs warlock.

People unironically defended nagalock as “Well… it can’t be too broken or win 80% of the time, if it only wins the mirror 50% of the time. right?. So its not broken.”

I just facepalmed so hard and wanted to scream. The same thing was happening with questlock in wild on steroids. It literally had like a 80% winrate against anything not the mirror for like the first week and still keeps the highest winrate i’ve ever seen of any deck. Most decks go like 55-60% winrate at most. Nagalock was like 65-70% hsreplay winrate. Questlock peaked at like 70-80% hsreplay winrate.

There were people who were bronze and silver in standard who couldn’t go more than 3 games without a loss who instantly could get 30 wins to 0 losses straight to legend on such a broken deck the week one.

Now at least people found like quest warrior and odd hunter. Also very smorcy decks… But it’s just gonna kill the experimentation forever and the devs like iskar, only the lead designer when asked about it’s problematic design.

Went with some crap like. ‘Oh, you can play any deck you want in wild. That’s the spirit of the mode. You just can’t guarentee it’ll ever keep a good winrate (when we power creep it), but you can always que your decks (and have anything slower than turn 5 aggro die).’

Also followed with thoughts on if he thought seedlock’s design was problematic and meta warping. (after he played a hunter, a counter class to warlock in the current meta, after also bug abusing the c’thun glitch).

he gave stuff like ‘oh, well i think wild seedlock is fine, we don’t want to remove gameplay styles. you can always play your old decks! just because they lose 90% of the time, doesn’t mean you can’t still play them!’

Then he went on to ignore all further questions, only responded to anime questions, ignored any negative criticism, and then started blocking people who just said it seemed like a problematic design choice and “concerning”.

That’s the main dev guys… Best of luck for us all… Hopefully he did say he wasn’t in charge of balancing anymore… But… I mean… i had hopes but… honestly i don’t know if i’m gonna keep up high hopes for wild or dev balance anymore. :confused: The lead game dev is too busy talking about anime. See, i like anime but when i’m at work or playing hearthstone, i want to ask about it right? But apparently asking about a miniset or balance dev. Without any name calling, and doing what i consider at least, disagreeing but polite.

(Like ‘well… i suppose it’s fair that players can play decks forever, but it seems kinda a very unsatisfying and concerning stance for such a dangerous and problematic meta warping deck.’)

And iskar then responded by blocking the account after that and then talking more about anime and naruto.

Hell, at this point for all we know, discussion over the size of anime chest sizes is probably more likely to see the light of the hearthstone main lead devs than a wild balance concern. :roll_eyes:

It’s really hard to get the feeling that the devs actually care about the game other than producing cards to sell, when they also had a past previous history of trolling wild players on twitter, trashing control player play styles. and stuff like. ‘I love control! that’s such a lie! I just block anyone on twitter who even minorly disagrees with me.’

I really just feel the devs are in a echo chamber of blocking off anyone who tries to offer criticism. (intended constructed or not), and they say they care.

Except their actions don’t match their words and they just do whatever they feel like and then ignore players to talk about whatever the crap they want.

I mean i literally followed the hearthstone devs on twitter and i got a ad with a ‘A hearthstone dev has liked this post!’ followed with. “Just got a [X] ‘toy’ from this site celebrating 9/11!” That i can’t even mention the type of ‘toy’ while being in the fourm’s rules of conducts. :roll_eyes: .

I mean i’m not trying to be toxic, but i just really feel exaperated with hearthstone devs. I can relate to bad communities harassing good devs, but it’s like you so much as breath you think the expac could use some work and it offends them. You try to wait for updates and you get a notification!

You check it, and it’s literally some dude liking a questionable 9/11 ‘toy’ ad on their hearthstone balancing account.

Like come on dude, maybe he liked it for humor but at least do it on a private account instead of the one you announce hearthstone nerfs on! I don’t need to know your bedroom lists, i just want to see the hearthstone format i love fun again since i’ll be honest.

The only deck i’ve enjoyed playing for years and found the most complex of the years of hearthstone has been spawn of shadows + Recruiter Wild Raza priest homebrew lists i would homebrew multiple times to top 100-50 wild legend without even noticing just for how fun the gameplay was.

I just loved the diverse combos and shell and it’s probably dead now. I have good standard winrate and can pilot most decks 10-20% above winrate and get 70% winrates on the d5 to d1 climb even on 55% hsreplay winrate lists, so getting into legend isn’t that hard or piloting decks above winrate.

But it’s just… gameplay is unreplacable and i can’t say i enjoy standard meta or i’m having fun at higher ranks without the diversity wild used to have. :confused:.

I play ranked and get legend to make the fun decks i love to play in gold. It’s the other way around for me. I play ranked so i can afford crafting fun decks. Without the fun decks, i don’t enjoy the game as much. I don’t care if i got a 74% winrate to legend in the standard grind on a 60% wr list and 20:1 95% mirror winrate.

I just don’t enjoy the game as much with a smaller cardpool and so much less diversity and feeling like wild is just a mode Iskar prints broken cards for their own decks or metas. :confused:

I guess i just care about the mode, and it kinda sucks to see the person in charge of it doesn’t seem to come off as a person who cares about player experiences that disagree with them, and trolls the community or blocks questions about balance concerns that don’t praise him.

2 Likes

To be fair, everyone was complaining about the wild meta never changing. Now that it has changed everyone is complaining about it again. It’s a loose loose for the devs. No matter what they do we complain.

(I do agree that the quests need to be toned down a bit)

3 Likes

The thing is with the right card draw Wild Infinite Ignite Mage will kill you by turn 6.

1 Like

Wow, lenghty! I have been off from Twitter a long time ago, but if what you say about Iksar is true, is short of amazing. I mean, when devs or anyone IRL turns their back on you when you are complaining an obvious problem they’re causing, it means that they are both overly notified and bothered of the same question.

I hope we get a fix soon, I just miss the days of spending a chunk of time on Collection figuring out how to make an off-meta deck work.

1 Like

You can nerf every stormwind card and some archetypes will still lose most of the time; one of them is un goro quest druid.

I suggest you to try casual instead of ranked: waiting for nerfs/buffs isn’t worth it, considering there will always exist a meta.

games today, all garbage…love watching my opponent play.

Oh yesterday I faced one, but it was on Standard instead, it was not as fast as a t6 ToD but yeah when Jaina had the pieces together, (darn novice apprentice + 2 Flows) it just hammered me from 20+ to 0 in one turn… Nothing I haven’t seen before

1 Like

Why, they are in casual also.

1 Like

That’s what people like to believe without actually trying the mode.

Maybe you will find someone playing a meta deck, but 95% of the time, there are non meta decks.

Good analysis. Both the warlock and hunter questlines and both are good. Looking at HS replay now, odd hunter questline is the top win rate deck. They plan to nerf the questline warlock on Tuesday due to complaints. That will leave hunter right at the top.

Depending on how the meta goes, I may then craft the hunter questline, but I hope they wont then decide to nerf hunter cos people will again say how OP it is.

Warrior is actually ok since it’s a lot slower. Even after the juggernaut comes out, the effect takes place only next turn. In addition, it’s inconsistent and the weapon may not always be good. The pirate summoned usually also have summon sickness and cannot attack.

It’s currently 5th, after both hunter and warlock.

To be completely honest, I think that quite a mediocre option, I want to play ranked - I want to win, too, I understand if my deck would fail and I lose some stars but going to casuals just for the sake of playing with no tangible reward for my time and victories, I would pass on that. I visit casual to test decks only, not as my main outlet for fun in HS.