So many... bots

Why, all of a sudden, am I seeing so many bots in ladder standard? It’s clear their bots as they are acting similar to AI in the story line campaigns.

Did ChatGPT figure out how to play or something? What is Blizzard going to do about it?

Also, how do we report them? I don’t see a way to do so in-game.

4 Likes

If it shows up in your recent opponent’s list and can be reported, it’s a player-made bot probably used by a chinese player due to the recent shutdown of their server. If it doesn’t show up and isn’t reportable, it’s one of blizzard’s bots.

Where’s everyone finding bots? I remember this being a problem like a few months ago, but recently I don’t run into any.

The most important aspect of the blizzard made bots is that you get zero reward ladder experience for the game. The only good part is you can finish accomplishments (and quests) in these matches, and the AI doesn’t know how to play.

Most of the blizzard bots are aggro decks - warlock, shaman, demon hunter. I conceded ~20 games one day to finally find a priest blizzard bot. It didn’t even know how to target spells or locations. It used devouring plague on one of my minions (buffing its HP), and it used both locations on my minions, as if it was attacking (and instead buffed them).