So let me get this straight

Making a post about suspected cheating and the possibility of it in Hearthstone gets taken down by staff? What is the point in asking players to report it then?

I’m so done with Blizzard. Literally bought my first computer just to play the original Diablo. I’ve been to BlizzCon, spent tons of money on their games and merchandise, and I still hold on to this glimmer of hope that they’re going to get back to what they used to be

I can barely get through my dailies on Hearthstone anymore, play WoW maybe two times a week when I used to play six or seven, I think I’m going to go ahead and get a refund on that D4 I pre-purchased

Screw this place

2 Likes

Post need just enough people to be taken down and since its a semi automated system theres no real rechecking by a CM. So when there enough likeminded people who dont like what you have to say or the discussing is not going well for them they can make your thread dissapear even when its not violating the CoC by flagging it for whatever reasons.

For sure they abusing the reportsystem but theres nothing you can do other then writing a ticket to the support.

1 Like

They’ve probably banned more people for reporting cheaters than they’ve banned the actual cheaters.

2 Likes

False reporting should be an offense.

1 Like

There are no actual cheaters, because it’s not possible to cheat.

They ban people who name & shame the innocent.

No, botting is considered cheating. They’ve banned real people to protect the names of bots because they get more money from bots.

1 Like

That’s just silly nonsense.

It is, but good luck getting pro company poster held accountable for anything here. They don’t get actioned for hate speech and real life threats.

“But you don’t know when an account gets actioned!”

-pro company poster

When you see someone posting non stop, day after day…you can tell they’ve never taken a forum vacation.

except for the lead dev, who literally livestreamed exploits intentionally, which is against tos.

The very thing they ban players, even notable streamers all the time for, even when it’s done unintentionally.

something I think every time I read pro company propaganda here. One would think you all get paid by the character posted.

While it’s true that moderation can be a complex issue, it’s important to remember that the Hearthstone moderators are dedicated to creating a safe and enjoyable environment for all players. They take their responsibilities seriously and work to ensure that everyone can have a positive experience. And despite any challenges that may arise, Hearthstone remains a fantastic game with a thriving community, offering endless opportunities for strategy, competition, and fun. So let’s focus on the excitement and camaraderie that Hearthstone has to offer.

Not really. Here’s how this works in the forums:

non pro company poster- cusses out company/dev/about game (which I don’t condone): gets post edited, removed, WITH note from mod saying “LANGUAGE!”

pro company poster literally trolls, harasses, uses outright hate speech, threats, etc- CRICKETS

And of course they just 404 threads rather than action the pro company posters who show up in droves to harass people discussing important issues about the game.

The only ones having a “positive experience” are the pro company goon squad who get to post everything they want, up to and including hate speech and threats with impunity. A bit like racist mobs getting a free pass from the cops in some places decades ago (and in some places today).

it has problems, and people need to be able to say so, without pro company posters serving as a goon squad for the company to troll, harass, and intimidate people…and when the mods do nothing, it literally shows the company approves of rules violations that are supposedly “final warnings” that will get posters permabanned.

If it’s rules for thee but not for me, it’s not a “safe and positive environment.”

1 Like

Hey boba, I noticed that you’ve been spending a lot of time on the hearthstone forums lately. While I understand how interesting and engaging it can be, I’m worried that it’s taking up too much of your time. Have you considered taking a break from the forum and trying some other activities instead? Maybe you could pick up a new hobby like photography or try volunteering at a local organization. I think it would be great for you to try something new and get involved in the community. Plus, taking a break from the forum could be a good way to reduce screen time and improve your overall well-being.

If the post was just “hidden” then it was just people reporting it triggering a temporary automated action.

If you post was completely removed then a real moderator did it.

If you weren’t suspended then they didn’t like the post but it wasn’t breaking a posted rule. Still though, these forums are theirs. If you want community only moderation then go to reddit.

No more than you or anyone else.

Interesting how I don’t see you doing this for those trolling, or harassing people for the company. Maybe concern troll for them instead and see how far that gets you.

Because I can guarantee you, people who post hate speech and threaten people (which is a criminal act the mods will report to law enforcement…supposedly) need to

and

a lot more.

1 Like