So I have to pay to get +2 heroes now?

Used to use the mountain of gold I have to “purchase” the +2 slots, that is gone. Done with this predatory nonsense. So sick of the state of gaming in this day n age. Played Blizzard games since WC2, final nail in the coffin, the love I once had for this company is just pure hatred at this point. Blizzard is dead to me.

8 Likes

I paid for the +4 in December on an offer that was only a couple of weeks out, now I am back to 2…really p*****d off.

2 Likes

Welcome back! Battlegrounds have been like that since start of Season 2.

did you only just notice you have had 2 heroes for the last few months.

If you have had 4 heroes till no, you already paid once.

1 Like

and now oyu understand why so many of us uninstalled the game. whats worse is that very feature was free up till season 2

1 Like

You’re really going to cry about the cheapest game mode purchase within hearthstone that isn’t remotely oppressive in comparison to its other modes?

God forbid you have to spend money on something that requires work and payment to staff :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

you just dont get it. its not some new mode or some new game or anything. they are takeing old content that was free and putting a forced price tag on it now. its like makeing the AC in your car subscription based

1 Like

Battlegrounds is a new mode to hearthstone, it was not core to the creation of the game which was eventually split into standard and wild. Battlegrounds is a free to play access game mode that allowed players who didn’t want to invest in the traditional game another option like adventures.

Now that you have to pay a little, you all freak out. That’s it, you just want stuff for free. I’ve bought all the cards for the current game and I don’t want to force that type of payment on other but it’s quite hilarious watch the battlegrounds community freaking out over something that’s not nearly as oppressive on the consumer like the actual card game that brought people to hearthstone in the first place.

Anything I miss?

1 Like

Yes. This is the problem, they had it for free already. If it had come out as a paid choice there likely wouldnt be any problem at all. But since it didn’t there’s a very obvious sense of loss and lock out. that’s all it is.

I dont personally think its a big deal cuz i had no intention of ever giving them money and theres nothing they can (usually) do to entice me. I bought the pass once.

Yeah, what I explained here is what you missed. Man the forums for blizzard games havent changed huh? buncha people into solipsism aka main character syndrome. Seems impossible for people to see things from a different view .

2 Likes

For you, not for me, god forbid you have to pay for content that the majority of the playberbase is actively using because they switched form standard or wild to it and now blizzard wants to monetize it for their work on it.

Your only argument is they are retroactively monetizing for what 1/4 worth of of a triple AAA title for a knockoff game mode that you aren’t even forced to play, and can still play as a free to play player.

What did I miss?

Its weird how hard you want to prove you don’t understand the things you read and infer things that aren’t there.

I don’t have a problem with it and I explicitly said why.

This is fine. Again. It’s just the fact the free feature was replaced by a paid one that stings. Its understandable that it does, just as its understandable that they monetized it. You’re bad at this lmao.

Not an argument when I agree with it lmfao. You really do just want a fight. People must not agree with you that often.

Pretty much everything. On purpose even.

1 Like

Your only response is that they are retroactively monetizing content I didn’t miss anything you chose to ignore that, the rest of your initial response had nothing to do with the actual post.

Your initial post in order:

Paragraph 1: money retro bad
Paragraph 2: doesn’t bother me
Paragraph 3: you missed the retro pay

Yes.

Followed by you saying it bothers me lmao

No. Your own 2nd point refutes this. Again you’re really really bad at this.

1 Like

All I did was repost what you wrote. You going to argue with yourself now?

No. I’ll just continue to laugh at your miserable ability to understand anything. You know…what Ive been doin the whole time.

1 Like

Says the guy arguing with his own self. That’s hilariously funny.

I just tried BGs for the first time this week and I wouldn’t spend a dime on it.

Its not RNG in BGs, its ‘ThemNG’ where the numbers actively work against you so you spend money.

thats because battlegrounds is not new. battlegrounds has been around for almost 4 years. and this feature for 4 heros has been around almost 3, all for free. you dont see me complaining about the P2W aspect of core hearthstone do you? thats because its always been a thing to pay for cards to get better. battlegrounds is not like that, its been free this whole time and just NOW they are chargeing cash for it.

it was already monitized through cosmetics

Calling battlegrounds the cheapest and by far least oppressive mode is quite an exercise in mental gymnastics. You can obtain cards for other game modes by grinding/crafting (except in mercenaries, where even the packs give 0 mercs). You can’t do anything whatsoever to bypass the 2 hero disadvantage in BGs without spending money. The cheapest game modes are classic and wild.