[Main Thread] After Patch Battleground is Extremely Laggy

After few matches, the game becomes unplayable. I have to restart in between matches but it always happens again

Kripp was having the same problem when he played it on stream as well so this can’t be just me.

Do I need $3000 computer to play this game?

5 Likes

I’m getting the same issue on a high end PC - this has started since the last patch. The game is using a huge amount of CPU for some reason, and often doesn’t register mouse clicks or movements, making it hard or impossible to micro between rounds.

I’m guessing someone left the debugging flag on when they released the update…

2 Likes

Yup same here at times its bad, even freezes ugh.

The game is badly optimizedit became totally unplayable on mobile for me.

3 Likes

Same issue. Both memory and CPU usage approach 100% after a few matches. I have to restart the game to fix the issue but it just happens again.

I just hope they release a fix soon.

Do I need $3000 computer to play this game?

Apparently.

Not going to get fixed. They don’t even know there is a problem. They don’t read this forum and filing a help ticket does nothing.

Yep, same here. Might as well remove it from the App Store.

In the meantime they will probably release another $80 bundle for the whales, so at least they are still making their money.

BGs are completely unplayable with this lag…Im on pc not mobile. PC’s fairly updated too with ryzen and rx480 graphics, i sure hope a card game doesnt need even more power than this. I wonder if there’s anyone who doesn’t have the crippling bg lag atm. sigh…

I figured it out. This lag happens when you play certain builds, Murlocs and Dragons for example.
If you keep stacking battlecry buffs on minions, it will happen. How to fix? I have no idea, you have to restart the game.

Blizzard’s being lazy as usual. Not even trying to help your customers.
No wonder Mike left and now he’s making new company. Maybe gamers should do the same

1 Like

Same for me, mobile is unplayable, and I got a new samsung S20

A lot of people have this problem, mate. The issue is not on your side. We only can hope for the fix to come tomorrow when they set all ranking to zero.

Extreme lags on BG after the last Elementals update 18.4 starts after tier 4-5 tavern. Totally unplayable at Tier 6.
Ryzen5/RX580/16DDR4/SB-Z/SSD, all last drivers.

GJ again Blizz BG fanboy developers…
Yet another BG patch that broke the app again for mobile users. Stuck on loading screen on 3 (!) different mobile devices.
I am done with this persisting BS. Havent spent any real money since the start of spoofing on mobile users which started about 2(?) years ago with the focus on BG.

No solution or good communicaton since then.
Time to close that painful chapter - i played since beta.

I move on to LOR or MTGA or anything with better support.
Thx for nothing HS ( since the falldown of mobile support and the focus on the rescue ancor of BG…)
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Hey all, thank you for you reports so far! Our team have found the cause of the issue recently and we’re tracking the issue. It seems that this primarily happens due to the Elemental buff or Animations that cause the performance issues.

Our team is reviewing this and we do know what seems to be causing it. At this moment, there are no workarounds for this issue, but we’ll continue to update as we have more information available.

2 Likes

Same problems on my brand new pixel 4a… Very disappointed

1 Like

Yeah same here, I guess we just need to spam the forums with this lag issue and maybe just maybe someone will recognize it as a priority instead of new content.

The lag is even worst today. Now it lags all the time and gets worst as the game progresses. The time rope is gone and studders in lag causing any actions in the last 20 seconds to be near impossible.

I captured some video and uploaded to youtube:

2 Likes

Just lost 1st place becuase game is sooo slow on ios. Needs fix badly

1 Like