Signature Cards better, but still room for improvement

With the tragic Signature cards of the Litch King behind us. We now have new Signature cards with this current expansion.

I feel that the new signature cards are certainly a step in the right direction, however, I feel they don’t fully provide that “Special Feeling”, at least not yet.

The vibrant colors look a lot better vs the ink blop from the last expansion. Having the text not covering the art was a good move.

When you guys had stated they were going to be animated, They don’t really have much animation to them. I was expecting something along the line of how the animations look in Diamond Cards. There are plenty of Golden Legendary cards that look amazing, for how Rare signature cards are, the animation is definitely lacking.

However, what I really think would give signature cards that special feeling is if they actually had their unique animation for the card get played. I don’t know why I assumed they would have, so when I played the Legendary Signature card for DK, I was pretty disappointed because it just felt so underwhelming, and I’m left with feeling, Why would I spend 400 gold on a pack of golden cards to try and get a signature card if they feel like regular cards? I wouldn’t, and I won’t.

Hopefully in the next expansion you guys will be able make them even better, the way they really should have been made in the first place.

So while I still fell they fall short of what they could be, at least there was significant improvement.

For example Dj Manastorm has an amazing animation when its played, Cage head has nothing… no wow factor at all when played expected for whatever voice line it has.

I agree. The cards look a lot better than last expansions. Here’s hoping blizz gets things in order and makes them really worthwhile. Hope they do past expansions. Really wanting a signature Pen Flinger.

1 Like

I like the new signature cards. I mean what are they supposed to do other than add more flair and color to the board? Accomplishes that pretty well imo.

1 Like

You must really have a thing for that flinging pen. Bet you take him every where you go. Maybe one day your dreams will come true.

ugly asf.
Terrible design.

20 charax

I like the new ones well enough. The design stands out from the standard card. I’m mixed on the tooltip/text just from a usability standpoint, but it’s not a huge deal either way. More animation would be welcome. But this is all coming from someone who generally dusts the gold cards for currency rather than valuing the sparklies all that much.

one reason i really like the signature cards is that they DON’T have as much animation. and the animation they do have, i think, adds to the focal point of the artwork, instead of the animation being the focal point