Shudderwock its 100% broken in wild here why

1. blizzard still not have nerf doppelgangster aswell combo 100% wins rate shudderwock

2. why blizzard gave shaman grumble worldshaker aslo combo with shudderwock 100% wins rate

im know blizzard devs compete not going charge it for it really not care about wild card and aslo not care my post

its most broken card in hearthstone history???

im hope be new expansion card so overpower it can one shot enemy in turn 3 or 2

hearthstone its great game but im think almost all card its broken

1 Like
  1. Neither combo you listed has a 100% win rate in Wild

2. It isn’t even close to the most broken card ever released

3. Blizzard doesn’t care about wild

4 Likes

Why would you play it with doppelganger and grumble? It’s much more fun with jade.

Shudderwock’s usage and win numbers:

• Wild: Used in 4.1% of decks, with a combined win rate of 48.7% - https://hsreplay.net/cards/#text=shudder&gameType=RANKED_WILD
  • Standard: Used in 4.9% of decks, with a combined win rate of 53.0% - https://hsreplay.net/cards/#text=shudder

The challenge with all “infinite Shudderwock” decks is always survival until you (1) have played all needed Battlecry cards; and (2) have Shudderwock in hand. The problem with Saronite Chain Gang is that it helped survival a lot (2 taunts for 4 mana) while at the same time progressing towards the win condition. Doppelgangster does not provide any protection. Paying 5 mana for a total 6/6 stats and no protection, no healing, no threats, no … anything - well, that is just lots wors than paying 4 mana for a total 8/6 stats that will absorb at least two hits and/or one or two spells.

Infinite Shudderwock might work in Wild in a meta that is dominated by control decks with long games and little to no agressive threats. But that is not the type of deck I see very often in Wild - I usually get smashed down in a few turns by the pure aggro decks that are currently dominating the meta.

2 Likes

::slowly comes up to the table::

Son…let me tell you about the days of unerfed saronite chain gang. THOSE were the days of shudderock terrors.

I tell you, he still haunts me in my dreams…with his jaws that bite and his claws that catch!

But they finally got him! Now the meta is all about them newfangled league of evil whippersnappers!

I just tell them to get off my lawn!

By the way, want to see this aggro barnes priest deck?

Lol

Battlecry shaman is so niche it’s rarely seen in wild and easily eaten by high speed aggros.

1 Like

As others haveel mentioned OP not only is OTK(ish) Shudderwock not a terror in Wild but it isn’t even the best use of Shudderwock.

The best use is with Loatheb to build a board that cannot be answered whether through Doppler copies or Jade.

I thought that shudderwock was supposed to be “capped” with the number of cards that it can play. I just played someone that I had down to one health and they played a shudderwock card that took them to 30 health PLUS 384 shield. I counted the number of cards that were played; 257 plays before shudderwock was done with it’s turn. Is this normal?

Was it a single Shudderwock?

The meme deck that uses Shudderwock for infinite armor gain typically uses a combination of cards (typically Doppelgangster to create extra copies of Shudderwock, and Grumble, Worldshaker to return those as 1-cost to hand. Plus of course Plated Beetle for the armor gain itself. And usually also at least one Murmuring Elemental to double the battlecries.

Unless they used additional cards to discount mana cost, the typical game ending they try to reach is two turns. The first plays Shudderwock twice, for 9 and for 1 mana. Then the turn after, they already start with several 1 mana Shudderwocks in hand and get more as they play. So they could play 10, if they get enough in hand before the turn timer ends.

Maximum number of battlecries that could in theory be achieved: 30 for the first Shudderwock, and assuming at least one Electra Stormsurge is among those 30 then 60 for each of the remaining Shudderwocks. That’s 570 total.

the grammar tho…

1 Like

lmao you must be stuck in 2018

On July 18, 2019 I played an opponent who played a shudderwock card when he had 2 health remaining. The result was 257 card plays, and he went to full health plus 384 armor. Off of ONE card play. My son watched and counted as well. At 6:07pm I conceded the game. Definitely a bug here.
p.s. I have a screen shot