Shifting scroll crashes Dalaran Heist

Shifting Scroll turned into Effigy, I play it, the AI kills my Mirror Image, the turn after it summons a Murloc Tiny Fin, it shows Shifting scroll on the screen, the music plays just fine background, the background talking is still a thing, and I can highlight cards. But I can’t do anything else. Just sitting here waiting for something to happen… I was doing so good on heroic too just for this to ruin everything… Alright so quitting game unfroze it and it saved my turn. fixed it.

3 Likes

Howdy!

We are actively hard at work looking to resolve Chameleos and Shifting Scroll cards freezing the game if shifting into secrets. Hopefully we will see this resolved very soon! Thanks for the workaround!

4 Likes

Sadly quitting and reloading didn’t save my turn, it showed I had lost. Which sucks because I had the “reduce random card by 2” power and then the use the power twice and reduced by 1 cost ability, which meant 2 free reduces per round, and I was only on the 2nd boss. was hoping to see what kind of damage I could’ve done. :sob:

Same bug, luckily it restarted at the good point, phew.

Same bug here. Mine was also when shifting scroll was used as a secret.

I have the same problem and I fixed it the first time by immediately reloading the game. However, it crashed again and I decided to wait until later to reload it. Now, when I log in, it gives me the reconnecting to your last game message, but with a black background screen for about a minute, then it crashes again and the process starts all over into another load in, attempting to reconnect, and crash shortly after. I’ve tried using the settings to change language and switch accounts to see if it would just end my game, but both of those are completely unresponsive. (I’d click on them and it would just do nothing until the game reboots after a minute.) Can Blizzard end my game? Or any other tips on getting out of this?

Ran into the same issue in the Witchwood, after a “vaporize” secret triggered that I had put into play from a shifting scroll. Thankfully, I was able to quit and reenter the game as though the round had played out. Good thing, too. I’m on the second-to-last enemy, and I have two double-times. My heart dropped when I thought I’d lost all of that.

I’ve lost two ranked games cause of this glitch now… Its stupidly annoying that the game could go either way and then because of this its an instant loss.

I can very easily say that yes shifting scroll to a secret and then that secret activating procs it… Please fix thanks.