Secret Mage and A message to the Developers

Greetings.

I know you care less about the wild. But there are many of us who have been playing for 6-7 years. So listen to us and do something about Secret Mage.
You guys have been printing cards supporting secrets for a long time. And now it has little counters. You guys are not getting that with secret mage around, players can’t play Control decks and so won’t invest money in the game.

Even, I don’t have problems with aggro rogue-like decks. But you have printed ‘Objection’ that ‘Eater of secrets’ can no longer destroy the secrets. ‘Counterspell’ triggers before ‘Flare’. If you people have a fetish for secret mage, then make that work somewhere else.

They play 3 mana secrets at 0 mana for cheap cards. It’s hardest to play around them. And you think that’s cool.

That’s stupid dude. Get some life and let us enjoy the game.

nerf the idea of playing 0 cost secrets. or,
let ‘Eater of Secrets’ destroy every secret, and
let Flare work before counterspell. or,
give us a 2-mana secret counter in the form of common, rare, or epic as you have enabled mage to play 0 mana secrets.

no thanks for you who do not care about us…

2 Likes

Objection and counterspell are anti-game cards and this type of card has nothing to do with a game.

Flare is a spell, therefor it get countered by counterspell…flare works fine on objection.

Eater of secrets is a minion, thereforit gets countered by objection. Eater of secrets works fine on counterspell and all other secrets.

Thanks captain obvious we had no idea.

The point being the amount of cards that block other cards is slightly rediculous. Either have objection or spell block but there shouldn’t be the option of both. You miss one turn in majority of games you are screwed. Playing against secret mage there is a strong chance you’ll get three of your turns blocked and the deck is far too agressive for the amount of defense that it has. Most aggro decks have little to no defense but secret mage becomes the exception for whatever reason.

1 Like

Eater of Secrets should not destroy objection because the whole purpose of objection is to block any minion played. I understand how it feels like it should eat the secret, but sometimes even a counter has a counter.

Secrets are not hard to play around. Secret mages for the most part play the same secrets. What depends on whether or not you can play around them depends on what you have in your hand, in your deck, and what you’re willing to sacrifice that will yield the best possible outcome.

Secrets are not going to change, they are here to stay, while secret mages can be really annoying. Blizzard has created plenty of options for player to play around them, however, there are going to be times when they win, and that’s just how it goes.

1 Like

as secret mage player, you just need l2p.

All i face are aggro decks: shamans/rogues/paladins/secret hunters with unlimited secrets/ other aggro crap. And sometimes secret mage mirror.

Come on. I would play all day mirror matches then face other crap aggro decks that OTK you on turn 4.

Is that why the deck was above a 60% win rate? If its so easy to play around how can the win rate be so high?

First lets be clear here. Secret mage is not the only deck in Wild to have a 60% or more win rate. Wild has plenty of decks with a 60% win rate.