Say goodbye to Blizzard Bots in Standard!

blz just outsource it to chinese company

almost every game i’ve played today has been against bots, halfway through gold now

2 Likes

Incoming complaints.

“These queue times are completely unacceptable. I had to way for 2 minutes to get a match”.
“Why am i being paired up against players with higher MMR so much”?

1 Like

I’ve said it before. I am fine waiting that long, or longer, if that is what it takes to NOT be matched with bots.

Wow, now it will be much easier to encounter aggro unofficial bots instead, yay! At least it’s less infested than Wild. I swear 95% of Wild must be bots.

You mispelled Standard and wrote Wild, somehow.

No, I didn’t. Because the bots are far more prominent in Wild. Nothing but aggro Shamans, Rogues, and occasionally Death Knights.

All I never see are DK bots in Standard. Uholy aggro because it is braindead easy to play.

If you think 95% of Standard is bots then most of the players that you think are bots aren’t bots.

Believe it or not some actual human beings play DK.

Those are player bots, not Blizzard bots. Big difference.

I still think the same. Blizzard bots were making ladder climbing easy… not hard until your bonus stars lasts… I have faced such bots only when my win rate was too low… when my win rate was too low, I could realize that my tactic is not working properly because can’t win enough with it against players… only bots… But oh well… I hope everyone will be much more happier now. Bots could make it possible to climb the ladder with your bonus stars even if you are using a bad deck… from now on… you won’t. Good Luck for everyone. I think Blizzard bots were not a problem in ranked, it was a great help for players with not OP decks… and some bonus stars.

Digernates, obviously.

Didn’t fix anything… Still unlimited players with random letters for name who play the same murloc/raid leader/“annoying” bot deck w/ core cards like sen’jin & worgen. When will they actually get rid of bots?

I too think the bot problem, while certainly a thing, is exaggerated. Some people are just terrible, and a lot of games I get end in concedes from the opponent who also emotes which I don’t think bots can do. I also don’t see nearly as many suspicious names as others claim. I’m at diamond atm and I am reasonably sure the majority of my opponents are human.

1 Like

Bots can be programmed to emote, I think. It’s been two decades since I did any botting but they generally create output by controlling the mouse pointer and creating actual clicks. So it wouldn’t be hard to program in the clicks to emote, if one were so inclined.

That said, I see no reason why they’d be inclined.

1 Like

it’s definitely not exaggerated when you see 14-20 bots in a row between 1 real player… it’s REALLY bad on both standard AND wild.

Can’t speak to wild but I know I am not getting 14-20 bots in a row in standard. You could be a little more realistic on your numbers bro lol. Your MMR has to be a joke if those numbers are even close to real.

I take long breaks, come back near the start of my MMR and don’t get many bonus stars. I came back this time because of splendiferous whizbang, and it really is 14-20 bots per 1 real player making me quit again. I don’t find fun in defeating bots to climb to a place where there’s no bots, blizz really needs to deal with the CN bots.

EDIT: Bot Ban Update–Late March 2024 - Community Discussion - Hearthstone Forums (blizzard.com)
This is even proof of my claim. 585k bot acounts banned this month.

I don’t think what the OP stated is true. I’m still facing probably +80% bots in standard. The good 'Ol “insert color, insert animal” opponents 4 out of 5 games at least. Sometimes more…

These are usually 3rd party bots. Not the blizzard ones that you formerly would be forced to play. They might have similar names but the difference is you cannot add the blizzard ones as a friend.