Roping Information/Penalization

Hello, don’t know if this is the correct space to do this but I want to know what’s the opinion of player base and developers around players that intentionally make you lose time by roping in their turn.
I mean, it’s okay if you take longer in some turns, or if you start the game but are doing something and the rope starts during one or two turns. However, I face someone yesterday that rope every single turn (from 1st to 10th). Really upsets me, wasting my time on purpose, and there is no way in-game to inform about that. I think there should be an option to inform about this behavior.

1 Like

Nothing to report. All within the rules.

7 Likes

until there’s a way to differentiate between intentional roping and thinking, that ain’t going to happen.

You get free 1 turn at the start. That’s my rule. Maybe 2 if I’m not entirely sure about your intentions. Any more than that and I’m going to rope all game long in response. If someone wants to spend as much time as possible in a game, we’re gonna do it right.

1 Like

Players are free to use their turn as they like. Intentional roping or not, still nothing to report against.

3 Likes

well there is a way to tell
whenever people spend all their mana and let the rope burn every single turn im pretty sure is intentional

1 Like

True, though most people don’t rope like that. Usually it’s the “wait until last second to play my turn” deal. Technically you could make the argument that it’s not intentional. I could someone with a really awful computer being lagged to hell almost every turn. It’s happened to me a couple times for various reasons

I rope vs DK’s as I hate that class ----

Literally none of them are ever going to make the inference “my opponent is roping me because of the class I’m playing” and proceed to play a different class. They’re going to make the much more reasonable inference “my opponent is roping me because they’re a jerk”, and they’ll be entirely correct.

2 Likes

That is ok I don’t mind.

I am so thankful that hearthstone keeps griefers such as you out of ccgs I actually care about.

This is the problem, that the game has no incentive for players to play in a manner that creates an experience that is better for both players. But I think everyone who posts in the forums knows that hearthstone needs to die. The solution is to keep the status quo so that new players get driven away.

Rope them right back. They give up the nonsense when they realize it’s going to be a 30-minute game. You have to understand ropers. Sometimes it actually takes them 90 seconds to fire up enough synapse to make a turn in a card game.

Some real challenged people

1 Like

we are in the presence of one of the most colossal scams in the videogame field existing in the world, fake rng, blizzard bots are just small examples, the maximum scams however are arena and heroic duels, roping is only a small form of obstructionism and protest but welcome, for me automatic roping is the best, lately indeed I’ve started friendly duels and I’ve been roping infinitely

But…but…the streamers wait for the rope!!! I can be just like Brian Kibler!!! The streamers promised if I liked and subscribed I could be like them!!!