Rommath, Fizzlespark and Alibi interaction's toxic

I simply want to put forth the notion of a possible (and hopefully unintentional) toxic interaction for Wild AND Standard which I just experienced a loss to in Standard, with Grand Magister Rommath, Solid Alibi and Photographer Fizzle.

It goes a little something like this: playing Fizzle with Rommath and at least the one Solid Alibi in hand, playing out the Alibi whenever needed and dropping Rommath when all outs have been used, to which continues a cycle of Solid Alibi and getting Rommath back in hand to do it all over again until the opponent concedes or dies instead. This particular opponent also ran Cold Case and had cast it multiple times before dropping Rommath.

And I was using a Lor’themar + Blackrock and Roll, Odyn and Control package, which should have been more than enough to win.

I’m not mentioning this because I’m just angry (as much as I want to paint this as just anger), that’s a 3 card combo which is easy to pull off in Mage and literally made me wanna quit the moment my win turned out to be for not. It’s something I’m really hoping Team 7 can see where I’m coming from, and perhaps consider some kind of change to it.

That’s seriously making me hate this game.

1 Like

Deck is legit pretty dumb

I doubt they do anything. Dead Man’s Hand is similar and is essentially meant to do exactly this. It does sound boring, tho.