Rise of Shadows Animation Issue

I’m am having an issue with games vs certain deck types where the lag becomes so bad that sometime my entire turn is skipped. This is an issue that I’ve had in the pass against decks that use cards with long animation sequences but is happening even more frequently with the latest expansion. With all the new infinite card shuffle mechanics the games frames have become incredible slow in some cases, allowing for very few actions per turn. Its really unfair that some player are allowed to complete multiple actions per turn while other can only manage a few. If this is a matching issue [cpu users vs cell phone users] Can blizzard expand matching parameters to more correctly pair user on similar devices. To me, it certainly seems that my opponents in some of these cases aren’t experiencing the same issues executing commands as I am and in other case the game is just slow for both of us. PLEASE HELP!

Howdy!

This sounds like a high latency issue. Which device are you running into issues with PC or mobile? We offer troubleshooting for both Here

Thank you!

Mobile Phone: Android Galaxy and I’ve tried the troubleshooting methods multiple times but the issue persists! What’s worse is it doesn’t seem to flare up until I’m up against certain deck types after I’ve been on a winning streak! In particular verse deck types with cards that have lengthy animation sequences. Now that you mention “Latency” this brings up another concern. How do Hearthstone game mechanics address turn length when player wait until the last few seconds to initiate card combos with lengthy animation sequences because this may also be part of the problem. My turn shouldn’t start until these animations are finished but in MANY cases, my turn has been skipped completely or starts with the rope burning already. I believe high level player are learning to EXPLOIT this issue and its no fun at all to be winning a match and have your turn completely skipped sometimes multiple turns due to “Latency” issues pertaining to turn length.

ShamanKing,

Your turn shouldn’t start until after the animations are completed, however, the flood of packets could be causing you to disconnect from the game. Do you use any deck tracking applications (Like ArcaneTracker/Hearthsim/etc)? If it’s only happening with certain deck types, often a corrupt tracker app is the cause. I’d recommend uninstalling both any trackers you have AND the game client from your mobile device. Once you’ve done this, reinstall just the game and retest, then reinstall any deck trackers if it’s fixed. If it breaks upon reinstalling the tracker you want to bug report that with the tracker’s developer.

No, I do NOT use any deck trackers on mobile at all.

ShamanKing,

If this is always happening in the same situation, are you able to click through any of the effects to prevent the turn skipping? If combos are always skipping your turn in certain situations, it MAY be a bug but we’d like to rule out certain things first technically.

Let’s power cycle your router just to ensure you’re not having a connection problem. If that doesn’t work, what’s the make/model of the device you’re using to play when this happens, and does it also happen on a PC (if you have the option to test?)

Same issue, but on iOS.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.