Recent Dust Grants and Missing Cards

Well I got 8000 dust once and then next time I logged in the 8000 I was given went away. Will I get the 8000 again? Because it seems a little unfair that players who spent their free dust got to use it, but because I saved it I was punished.

1 Like

Found it, thanks - LuckyPants.

I mean, im one of the lucky ones that didnt spend the 8k i got given, I had dust before the ‘gift’ (around 3k) and now have 0 and the cards are gone still including the ones from the bp.
Just another day at Blizzard where you cant have fun, “only pain for our players” should be on the statue out front.

1 Like

This sucks for those of us out here that saw the increase in our dust count but can’t recall how much we had before hand. All I know is I went up to around 22000 cuz I got double 8000. So 16000 bonus dust that I didn’t touch. Cool. But somehow I’m down to ~3000. Now I’m not this major math wiz but 22000-3000 is 19000. So I had an extra 3000 dust just go poof? Thanks for messing up and then messing up trying to fix your mistake Blizzard.

2 Likes

just give either everyone dust, or take it away and the cards, literally no reason to punish a majority of your playerbase for not abusing what they believed was a bug while letting those who used it to keep their goods.

2 Likes

Blizzard will never be generous, not even once for celebrating being acquired by Microsoft. I hope Microsoft will not go ahead and revert it back too.

1 Like

Wow Blizzard, that’s beatiful. For once in a lifetime, players obtain some free dust from you but, sure, if it benefits the players so much, that can not be, they need to spend lots of money for Blizzard.
Now I’m hearing some people say they have less dust than before, but knowing it’s not a benefit for the player you won’t do anything.

This is such a shame.

1 Like

Man, disheartening stuff. I get fixing the error but damn, taking it all back. Feels Like giving someone a gift and tacking it back. Bad optics in my opinion.

And you know what causes another issue? When your “heal up” causes a player who was behind in the meta to decide it’s time to dump resources into packs because they “know” they have enough resources for one legendary, so let’s see what direction the packs take, yeah?

Oh, wait, no… and there goes a future meta’s resources too.

Thanks. Good job.

And when will the problem of drops on YouTube be fixed?

I got something like 5500 dust and lost all of it. Never crafted any cards in the process. However there’s notice that a lot of players crafted several cards with the extra dust. How is this going to be addressed as several people took advantage of the bug and some didn’t even had a chance to do it. This situation left some people in advantage in comparison to others and that should not be allowed. I wonder how is this going to be solved.

1 Like

Thanks dude.

Let’s all just quit and watch them go homeless. That’s what they deserve.

1 Like

As a former software developer, I can tell you these things take time to sort out. Once they properly reset everyone’s dust to the former amount (restoring any lost by mistake and hopefully subtracting dust that was used out of fairness to other players), they will rerun the script to grant dust again. Only this time they won’t delete the cards because they didn’t mean to. This will take time. Be patient and we’ll see if Blizzard can get this right.

2 Likes

As a follow up, my accounts were cleaned up correctly. Dust in, dust out, right back to the prior totals. Luckily I’m persnickety enough to keep up with that to know. They know some didn’t get fixed right.

One last point. In Hearthstone dust comes from $'s. Businesses give out discounts and freebies, yes, but they are going to be careful and selective. They aren’t going to let anyone keep double dust from a bug. Get real. But they will fix things and maybe add a little extra to sweeten the deal after all this chaos.

Feels bad man, feels bad.

2 Likes

This is really f’d up, and I am very upset Blizzard. You better make this right or I’m not going to be spending as much or playing as much with this game. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

I never get too upset with the Blizzard craziness, but I will be pretty peeved if some players are allowed to keep thousands of dust of free cards for no reason. Not because I didn’t get it, but because it wasn’t given in a fair and equitable way

3 Likes

so what is EU getting ? nothing?

So the official word is that they’re not taking away any cards if you crafted it.

Lesson of the day: do NOT listen to those that say do not craft cards because of negative balances. They were wrong. I feel like an idiot listening to them.

2 Likes

Just cause they aren’t taking away the cards you craft (much like the people who abused other things) you will be in the -xxxx in dust, you think you can’t be in the negative?

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/d1mesn/anyone_know_why_trump_has_so_much_negative_gold/

the comments should explain if you wish to read it up.

but to sum it up

“Blizzard won’t take away what was already used, but they’ll find way to charge your ingame, and if you find way to keep abusing it to go even deeper in the negative, you’ll get ban”

If you don’t care about all your progress, card and money and time wasted, then sure you can follow that advice, but if you somewhat care about your account, it best to not abuse things like that.

2 Likes