Recent Dust Grants and Missing Cards

I predicted that people should all spend it before Blizz take it all back and I was right. If you spent it on crafting cards, they won’t be able to take 'em back. Neither you save those arcane dust or not, you will still end up with 0 arcane dust. Might as well spend them all, but too late

3 Likes

Ah that’s just dirty. So they bluffed with the negative dust, but if you went and crafted to negative, you just got reset to 0 without a red tag?

Unfortunately i always was frugal and already had like 10k saved up without spending from frugal nerfs without much crafting, so i didn’t want to wipe my saved nerf dust on it.

That kinda sucks though. Had i known, i might have sunk it into the nerfed cards (unless they do a double scamaz and change those so anyone who made like 10x copies of scabbs and pirate quest didn’t get changed)

Oh well, i guess first guinea pig gets to find out, others get the worm. Sucks.

Unless blizzard goes out of their way to start reverting crafted cards a few minutes from now…

3 Likes

bingo and the latter
everyone should just get double dust.
not numerically correct reverting.

like giving an xmas gift to the wrong person but its a sweet gift everyone wants. just let them keep it! we are in the (totally uncool) social media age of tech and being so connected digitally.

“Blizz messed up” headline vs
“Blizz messed up…and hooked everyone up instead!”

what looks better for a headline to u?
i mean does Blizz care about image over short term revenue?
having an awesome image is what you know…drives sales right?

4 Likes

this. Definitely this.

1 Like

And you think not being able to craft anything for ages close to a rotation is not being in a worse position ?

I beg to differ.

3 Likes

Yes but they would never do this because they’re extremely greedy, that is known. In fact, they would rather people LOSE their legitimately obtained dust than people getting more than they should.

5 Likes

And you think not being able to craft anything for ages close to a rotation is not being in a worse position ?

I beg to differ.

It’s really not.

I wasn’t playing this game before and if I really wanted to I can just make a new account and be in high Legend in a few days with a free deck of my choice.

You may be right that it would be a worse position for other folks who spend money on this game.

Certainly not for me.

Any player with a decent amount of in-game knowledge can do the same… there is very little reason to throw wads of cash at a game in which you own nothing that you pay for.

Unless you have money to throw away and you find the game fun… but that’s a different demographic.

It sounds a little like you’re jealous that you weren’t smart enough to do the same as me… if Blizz doesn’t actually target delete cards, I’m the one who gets a free deck and you simply lost thousands of dust.

Which side of the gamble do you want to be, Bee?

1 Like

Ugh this makes me so sad. I was so happy when I logged in and got all that dust, I was like OH MY GOD THIS IS A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM THE GAME MAKERS! I was so excited to play even more than I already played, I was thinking about all the cool decks I could FINALLY make and before I know it, SNAP it’s gone. Now I just feel so sad, and hopeless. Like back to the coal mines buddy. I set aside so much time to play today… I’mma blame Microsoft for this.

7 Likes

i spent all 14k dust last night. today they took the 40 dust i had left. no negative dust though just have 0 dust. i disenchanted an extra card and got positive dust for it. so how will negative dust work?

3 Likes

Hey man don’t feel bad, I did the same thing way back when.

Nothing feels better than taking charge of your own wallet and taking it elsewhere to find something you truly enjoy.

6 Likes

im kinda on the same boat. after a long hiatus im now playng actively again and started spending some money, if this aint sorted out in a way that people AT LEAST doesnt lose their previous earned dust ill surely not spend a dime anymore and probably stop playing once and for all

4 Likes

I’m thinking about doing the same thing. I’m one of the new blind players that hs got over the past couple of months, and I’m already thinking about quitting, and sending an email to Riot to see if they can make LOR accessible. If I could play it, I’d already be there to be honest.

4 Likes

Of course Blizzard could not POSSIBLY bear the thought of players spending a couple dollars less on the game after they mess up. Imagine an alternate dimension where up is down and Blizzard says “hey guys, we messed up and we know some of you guys crafted things you wouldn’t have if not for the bug, as well ad the fact that it just feels bad to lose so much dust, so this one is one us :)”. But nope, they just can’t help themselves when it comes to squeezing us all dry at every possible conceivable opportunity. Thanks again Blizz!

7 Likes

I think the only way they solve this is to roll back all dust accumulation and spending to before they gave out all this dust. After they figure this whole mess out, then I think they should give everyone 5000 dust for F-up.

I got 5600 dust yesterday. Today they took it away. That’s why I think they might be doing a complete roll back.

3 Likes

So, did they take ALL dust away with the intention of redistributing later? Because they took all my given dust, and I only received one “gift”. Also, wouldn’t a better solution than pushing people negative be to simply revert bought cards then keep wrongly deposited dust?

Thanks
Bel

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’d be very careful doing this. You don’t want to get into any trouble should they consider it abusing an exploit.

If you don’t play this game as you claim, how come you got all that free dust, which is supposed to be from opening extra copies of uncraftable cards or something of the sort ?

Jealous of you, is that a joke ? My collection is 100% complete and I got over 8k dust today to add on top the 140k dust I already had.

And I feel like your choice was poorly thought-of. For someone who can just make a new account and get to ‘‘High Legend’’ whenever he wants with a deck of his choice, deciding to ruin the resources of your main account for a very long time sounds like one of the worst decision you could’ve made but hey, you do you.

3 Likes

I had 2130 Dust in my account yesterday, when I logged in today popped a message saying that I have gotten 2000 dust twice, I saw my dust and I had 6130 and fewer cards, now I logged again and I have 2130 and I’m still missing some cards in my collection.

1 Like

The cards should be back in your collection, at least they are for me. If not, it’s just a matter of time before they are added back, they are fixing the issue right now.

They rerolled the changes, which is why you got your dust back.

2 Likes