Recent Balance Update

1. The problem with the Cross-Stitch change, in my opinion, is that it really didn’t fix anything in regards to the card’s main problem. The card is cool , literally and metaphorically, but its just too little value for the mana sink.

Maybe if it had some interaction with the Freeze keyword it would be more worth it, like maybe if you use it on Frozen minion you get a Water Elemental either way on top of the one you get if you kill it.

1. I feel that Shroomscavate should be a Nature card, in order to give it SOME relation to Shaman now that Windfury is gone.
1 Like

This is true the card as of now has no relation to Shaman.
It was a lazy redesign of a nerf.

I think it’s appropriate it’s just that other cards need to get buffed now to make Spell Mage good.

1 Like

Yeah that Shroomscavate nerf seems pretty lazy. VS were saying change it to evolve and give Divine Shield.

They could have made it one mana and Overload 1? I dunno, anything but this really.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter. Excavate Shaman isn’t a thing, at least not in terms of the meta. Shroomscavate is a Paladin card and it was a Paladin card and acting like it was Shaman is a little silly.

Nobody is saying it was played but it’s still a dual class card, it should relate in someway to Shaman.

1 Like

To be fair, so is chaos creation and it doesn’t relate to Mage at all.

Warlock likes discarding 5 cards, but Mage doesn’t, and as far as I know, it never will.

The new developers didn’t get the memo about dual class cards at all. They don’t understand the concept.

1 Like

Well, it went from not relating to Shaman at all (just giving Windfury to Paladins) to not relating to Shaman at all. You can be upset that you didn’t get the thing you want if you want, but it didn’t get any worse.

Did I seem upset it’s just nonsense to nerf it to this. It’s just a Paladin card now, nothing relates to Shaman.

It did, since windfury was uniquely a Shaman mechanic, except for neutrals, and it gave divine shield to relate to pallies

Now it’s just another chaos creation, but worse

It was just a Paladin card then. Period.

You must be getting some enjoyment out of this there is no other way to explain it.
You are trying to argue for no reason.

Yeah, but there’s no reason for not attempting to rework it into a Shaman card with a little effort?

1 Like

I think not wanting to risk an accidental buff is a fine reason.

No it isn’t

20charac

No doubt this needs to happen, but idk why anyone would believe for an instant that Team 5 will ever do anything of the sort.
They refuse to give mage anything competitive that isn’t also complicated to play, or relies on luck to win.

1. To be fair, Time Warp is beyond broken and its only gotten more so as the expansions go by

2. I do like the idea of Mage being a high skill ceiling type class, i.e. taking various cards and mashing them together into different strategies of your choice, but they would benefit from some simple but strong support

This card should have been banned a long time ago.
But We are talking about Standard here, aren’t we?

1 Like

To be fair just because pretty much no one plays shaman doesnt mean the shroomscavate nerf doesnt hurt people who do play shaman. I used shroomscavate in my aggro shaman list to great effect… now its pretty much worthless

Being able to 1 drop into a 2 mana buff (2/3 or 3+3) and either shroom or coin shroom was a pretty good aggro opener that usually was enough to open up the turn 6 + 7 weapon finisher. It also now completely ruins any interesting shudder attack buff combo decks, not that anyone was experimenting or playing with that but now no one can ever.

Dual class cards are now a terrible idea in the future when you have to nerf 2 classes because 1 class is overperforming. Not only that but they did it twice to shaman.

As far as the cross stich change goes… can it go back to 5 mana 4 damage… Changing it to 3 damage just seems like an insulting ‘buff’ regardless of the mana reduction.

Also can we stop the pretense of calling these ‘balance’ updates. They have no idea what they’re doing… They’re really just card changes they think will cause people to complain less.

3 Likes

This is silly.

The are plenty of dual class cards disguised as dual class cards that are clearly cards for 1 class only.

Asking for them to redo the card so it fits the other class thematically is moot.

They didn’t fix them before they won’t do it now.

3 Likes

You win the Forums today, Sir.

2 Likes