Really Blizzard?

I just had an epic play on DK against a Paladin and I went to say thank you and the voice line was “I will kill you last”…lol… I mean really blizzard?

Did you have to make a thank you voice line so toxic? lol

3 Likes

You already being toxic by saying “thank you” in that spot

3 Likes

Sure, whatever you say.

I was not being toxic. The player that I Played against didn’t just concede. They knew it was over but let me kill them and they said “well played” I went to say thank you and my DK said “I will kill you last”.

2 Likes

I feel like the appropriate response when a losing opponent says “well played” is to say “well played” as well. Saying “thank you” comes across to me as saying “Thanks for the win, you did not play well.” I try my best to not be bothered by emote interactions because I like to emote myself, and it’s mostly fun for me, but a “thank you” after a “well played” always irritates me

1 Like

I was raised to say thank you when someone gives you a compliment. This game is no different.

When I say well played to someone in a match and they responds with Thank you, It does not bother me in the slightest because to me that is good manners. IF they choose to say well played, that fine as well.

2 Likes

That is an interesting perspective that I had not considered before. But that’s why I usually try to not let emotes bother me, because it’s difficult to really understand the other player’s intent. Hopefully this conversation will make this particular emote interaction feel less hurtful next time

2 Likes

I usually always test play all the emotes when I use a new skin for the first time, and I have not for this particular DK skin, and when I was expecting to hear some type of thank but heard “I will kill you last” I was shocked. lol.

2 Likes

It’s a funny voice line for an evil character. Death Knight is being polite by killing you last lol

2 Likes

Death Knights were not raised to be polite.

1 Like

To be fair, responding to “well played” seems to be the one non-bm purpose “thank you” ever has in hearthstone. They said you played well, nothing wrong with thanking them for the compliment.

2 Likes

“I will kill you last” is more about threaten. It should not be the answer from “thank you” because that sucks.

I don’t play with the sound on, so I have no idea what evil things I may have actually told my opponents. That’s awful.

Judging by most forum posts and Reddit posts about this particular subject, the emote could have wished them the best of positivity, flowers, and nothing but beautiful men/women in their lives, and they would still take it as an insult.

It’s a shame the “Squelch” button doesn’t exist

2 Likes

Agree, recently don’t know what the other player is even emoting -was that a greeting? A threat? A very angry holiday voice line? No idea.

The devs went through a phase where they understood to avoid voice toxicity, but it’s maybe swung back the other way.

Blizzard’s whole communication system is toxic. People have been asking for a squelch option since Beta and have been ignored.

And here’s me, missing the sarcastic “wow” emotes they took from us because of the thin-skinned snowflakes.

but, there IS a squelch option.

whoooooooooooooooosh

Apparently. How about you explain the problem instead of being an elitist !@#$%

I think your usual rage fueled responses has blinded you to the obvious sarcasm here

Nothing fancy or elitist

i think its funny that the emote said that

if you dont like it, use a different skin!