Ranked Floors in battlegrounds

Can we please continue ranked external rating for bg after 6k for every 1k after. Would be nice to benefit game play to see my external rating not drop below 7k when I’ve managed to reach that rating. It’s taken me most of the season, but then in the next 5/6 games, dropped back below 6500 :frowning:

1 Like

Battlegrounds rating is the most irrelevant thing ever. It’s just a number that goes up and down, but has no real impact besides what people you play against.

At least legend rank in gives you rewards. BGs are just for fun.

1 Like

That is the impact. It is VERY relevant. I for one, would like to actually not be steamrolled every game by people passing thru my rank that I had to claw and drag myself to the floor of. I am constantly devastated and finish 7th or 5th after like 4 or 5 rounds somehow and people are still able to buy a full board AND reach rank 4 or 5 by the time we have 10 gold. I am barely reaching rank 3 and still dont have a full board yet by then. Its absurd how they speedrun and highroll their minions. I just finished a match where it was around turn 13 or so? it wasnt very far into the game at all, my opponent had like 5 of the super rare minion i have yet to find myself, the undead that spawns the constantly getting bigger knights and when any of them die they all get bigger for the rest of the game. so that’s 3 golden versions and 2 regulars. I have YET to encounter this minion EVER (to purchase for myself) since undead released. This person by turn 13ish had 3 goldens of the same crazy rare high tier minion. I had 1 golden leapfrog.

I really wish the game didnt force me to face OP players like this for entire months at a time. I am of the camp not in favor of OP and wish I could drop below the rank floor so I could stop encountering these soul crushing lobbies. I see what the OP is getting at tho, and can see their argument has its merits.

But the argument that that BG ranking is the most irrelevant thing ever is just ludicrous on its face, and by its merits. The only thing irrelevant about this whole convo is the prizes awarded in other modes. Bringing up other modes at all is irrelevant.

1 Like

Cramer, changing how BG rating works won’t make you better at the game, nor make players around you perform worse. Rating has no impact on what heroes are offered at the start of the game, no impact on what minions are offered in shop, no impact on experience gains for your reward tracks, nothing.

It is just a number.

2 Likes

It affects the general spectrum of players that are compiled into a lobby together. YOu dont see players in the 3000 MMR in the same lobby as a 7000 MMR and same for the similar jump higher to 10000MMR. You might be able to force it by having groups join a lobby, someone with a super low rating and the other super high. Essentially making the spectrum of potential lobby mmrs to match to from as low as say 2000MMR to 110000MMR by forcing it that way. But the players are generally matched when queuing solo within roughly 1000 of their current MMR give or take whatever the highest and lowest of the lobby happens to be. This is why the rating matters, I dont want to be with the tryhard speedrunners at 6000MMR, I was happy and enjoying the game between 5500 and 5999.

So…don’t. Lose games on purpose to tank your rating so you don’t play against the players above your desired skill floor. There’s a rating reset around the corner, plan your desired rating, and be prepared to quit lobbies for quick mmr drops whenever it gets too high.

6k mmr is the highest floor. Above that is like Legend in ranked, anything goes, you could face literally anyone. It is possible for a 7k mmr player to be in a lobby with 10k+ players. Hell, let’s expand that, a 7k player could be in a lobby with a 15k player. That’s how wide BG ratings can go, because…

It is just a number. BGs have different rules than ranked Cramer.

1 Like

Well there isnt like a thing that explains anything about mmr. All i know about it ive learned from this forum. I dont play ranked so I wasnt equating it to anything else. But that just seems dumb to have 6k be the highest floor and forcing players of that skill to play with the tryhards and speedrunner of what you say exists, a 15k player. Thats just absurd. No wonder I can get eliminated by the time we reach 10 gold and they have a full board, 3 goldens, and tier 6. And I have tier 3 and not even a full board yet. Each thousand ought to be a new separating floor… there is no reason to put a 15k player in with 7 others that are at 6000 and cant climb any higher. Its just fish in a barrel at that point.

Yes there is. If nobody is playing and its a dead game, the queue will find anyone to fill a lobby.

This would be a good time to point out that players are matched by internal MMR, not visible rating. The two approach the same thing over time, but will not be the same when you reset ranks.

If one really want’s to do something, afk games for the first several weeks of the season to lower your mmr and stay down on rank floors, then make sure you don’t ever pass them again by tanking your rating before you cross thresholds like 5k etc.

If you made it that far, you did fine. My lobbies in this meta are down to last four on turn 8 or 9 and going to 13 is waaaay into end game.

Wow, rank floors won’t fix this issue. You should watch some other people play or something because you’re not understanding some fundamental parts of the game it seems.

Round 13 is not late game, its barely getting into the game. On average every match lasts about 22 to 30 mins, and round 13 is roughly 10 mins into it. So barely approaching the halfway mark of the match. Tho for some and I include myself in this, the match is over by then or earlier.

If that actually worked for me I would have a long time ago. Unlike Cell or Kid Goku, I am not capable of merely witnessing a thing and being able to learn it and utilize it. You and I could be co workers and work together every day and it would still take me roughly 6 months to remember your name without asking or reading a name tag. I lack memory forming abilities that a lot of people take for granted, but it doesnt mean I cant learn. It just isnt as simple as most people assume it would be. For example, I was the one in school that would forget what I had just read by the end of a paragraph or even sentence and would have to circle back and read it again in order to grasp the meaning of what I read, sometimes more than once. The average 200 page novel takes me about 3+ months to read. And I tend to re-read it more than a few times as I cant remember what was in it if its a part of a series. Similar problem with tv shows and movies. Ive seen the Star Wars movies well into thousands of times each with the exception of rise of skywalker. (Only hundreds of times for Rogue One, The Force Awakens and Last Jedi as they are much newer titles and only dozens of times for Solo.)

For clarity, the opponents I describe dont merely have a full board, menagerie style, they have a full tribe board, 7 elementals, or 6 beasts and already has a baron, etc by 10 gold in. I cant even get a menagerie AND get to tier 4 by 10 gold in, it just isnt possible without only buying the 1/1 cat +1/1 cat tokens… but these steamrolling ungodly high mmr tryhards seemingly have no issue getting full tribe boards by then. with goldens too. I’m lucky to have a single golden by the end of a game, but I constantly see people with full golden boards.

If you have a 15k mmr and there isn;t anyone but 6k mmr queuing, you should just remain in the queue until something appropriate can be found. It should never allow a Fox in the Hen House just so the fox doesnt get bored and leaves.

If you honestly think turn 13 is mid game, that’s a huge piece of your problem. You are too slow.

Typically this means you’re refreshing the tavern too much and not raising your tier on curve, but it could be buying bad minions or something different. Hard to say exactly without seeing.

Okay. Then I won’t offer you suggestions because you’ve told us we are wasting our time trying to help you.

This isn’t how it works, though. They dump the higher player in your lobby and adjust your rating points gained/lost for the quality of the players in the lobby.

If you were to queue with a much high rated friend you would get more points for your wins and lose less points if you lost.

I said should. I am quite aware it isnt how it does work. I, being a human, can have an opinion, even one you think is wrong, or is factually wrong. I merely expressed how I think it ought to be. I cant lose any points as I am at 6000 and certainly wont gain any being in a lobby with a 15k as there is very little chance of being top 4.

I didnt say that, I said I cannot merely witness a thing and learn it right then and there. YOu can feel free to give tips and pointers as it leaves a permanent thing I can reference and come back to to read again and again. Which is what I do here on the forums. I am constantly going back and rereading threads I have already read before. Mostly because I dont recall much about it but I see I have been there before so something of interest or of value must have been in there so I go back and dive into whatever it may be. It isnt a waste of time unless you have an expectation of my remembering it with relative ease. I cannot do this with videos on youtube as I cannot merely look at a video thumbnail and see if I have been there before or not. On my firestick I at least get a red bar at the bottom that indicates how far into the video I got, but I dont see any such thing on my pc. So unless I happen to remember to bookmark a video, which I dont do as a general practice, I wont be able to do the same thing I do with the forums. I have my ways of learning that works for me. You have ways that work for you. I am not opposed to people doing what they wish to offer help, I merely am open about my limitations in the effort to be transparent so as not to appear to be a troll if I ask about the same thing again and again despite you answering it before and resulting in you labelling me something I am not.

Late game starts when the damage cap is removed. So, round 8 usually, when everyone is tier 4 in the shop.

1 Like

That would be your opinion on that, mine is the beginning of the match is over when you reach 10 gold. Then the middle stretch is another 10 turns, and the late game is anything past that. Usually around the 18 to 20 mins into the match til the end (roughly most of mine end around 28 to 30 mins if Im in top 4.)

People feel unless they get a great hero, ie perhaps 1 in 20 odds they should just concede, then they play for 1st.

I had weeks where almost every bg in a week I finished 4th, so getting slammed to 7th Indicates more of a skill issue. yes I occasionally ran into a much better player, who obviously drives his rank down. but that happened much more at 5k then 6k.
But theoretically the people trying to tank there rank make no difference to you.

For every game they place 1st you played 19 games where they conceded on turn 1.

net gain or loss zero.

You can’t have a factually wrong opinion because facts and opinions are mutually exclusive. If it’s factually wrong you are just wrong.

And in this case, you are just flat wrong.

You need to learn to level up your tavern on curve. It’s that simple. You are killing yourself because you will never compete with your opponent’s minions if you aren’t on a level tier with them.

I don’t know what is wrong with you, but the whole game often is only ten turns. If you approach it like you have twenty turns or something, you will die very hard and very often in the BG. You are too slow.

Most (of my) matches last about 30 turns (between 25 to 30 mins). I dont know where you get 10 from. I know for SOME of the players they get eliminated by 10. That can be true. But for there to be only position 1 and position 2 player left in the lobby, it isnt turn 10, closer to 30 than it is to 10.

Also, they are plenty of examples of factually wrong opinions. How else do you describe a Flat Earther? They are the proud owner of a Factually Wrong Opinion on the shape of the Earth. Yes, they are also just (hehe) flat wrong, but you cant say they dont hold an opinion, even a wrong opinion is still an opinion. A Factually Wrong Opinion is one that can be proven wrong by scientific methods. lol. Other types of wrong opinions can’t be deemed wrong by science or maths, but perhaps ethics, philosophy, morality, greyer areas than what could be described as Factually Wrong Opinion.

as said above, they are not factually wrong. They are just wrong.

The earth is flat is not a fact it is an opinion.

1-10 turns your generally out in 8th to 5th.

15 turns your 1st or 2nd.

I have seen game go perhaps 5 turns before the better power scaling or better choice of counter strategies made the difference.

I dont think I have played a game that went 30 turns in a month, maybe the very first mech/quilboar game where we had lots of bad builds.

Factually wrong means it is wrong on its assessment of facts not being a fact. Think of all the old things that used to be the consensus of what would in its own time have been labelled a fact but we now know or understand better/more thoroughly. One would have been called an imbecile in the days of balancing the four humors if you said they were just wrong. What they asserted as fact, was wrong. thus they weren’t just wrong, they were factually wrong. another way of splitting this difference is the inclusion of confidence and or arrogance with what is being stated. I like the term errorgant. Having such conviction in something incorrect no amount of evidence could change the mind of an errorgant person. it is one thing to get a math problem wrong. THAT is just plain wrong. But to stake one’s whole paradigm on a statement as a “fact” that isnt actually a fact, is factually wrong.

If all you wish to do is to reduce words to lowest common denominators of speech then you miss out on a lot of nuance you dont get with just singular terms such as wrong.

As for BGs, almost every game lasts about 30 mins so roughly turn 28~35. (if im in the top 4). 15 turns in is when tier 4 is turning into tier 5, sometimes. not always that early tho. tier 6 if ever is usually around turn 20ish to maybe 24ish. depends.

I dont know what you mean by this.

also mechs and quillboars just got rotated in this week… not a month ago.

It is not an opinion.

Opinions are preferences, not things that can be falsified. STrawberry tastes better than vanilla, thief decks are fun, and stuff like that.

The earth is flat is not an opinion, it’s an inaccurate statement. It’s wrong.

I can tell you have never played a game that lasted thirty turns because dear god learn to counterplay already.

Only the noobiest of noob lobbies can last like that because people tech their opponent and reorder their minions to win.

But more importantly, I think a certain person may be overestimating the number of turns in a game.