Question about alternate hero skins in the shop

I thought that three different alternate hero skins get offered per week. I am only seeing a Valeera skin that was offered last week and I bought, and a Paladin Guan Yu Uther skin.

So, to my knowledge, there’s only one hero skin for sale this week that wasn’t on sale last week.

Is it normal to have less than three skins get offered in a week? Or is it usually 1-3 like this? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, it is normal. Not all of the offers expire in one week… mainly the new ones which are only obtainable for real money… Usually you can see only 1-2 skins changed per week.

2 Likes

That’s really depressing. :frowning: I just got into Hearthstone recently, and there are a few alternate hero skins I really want to buy – Archmage Jaina, Fire Glaive Liadrin, Electro Swing Sally – and at a rate of 1-2 per week, I am, well screwed. I’ll be lucky if I get to buy one of them this next year…

Why doesn’t Blizzard offer like 3-4 every week? They’d only make more money doing that. And the sheer number of skins in total means they wouldn’t even need to repeat very often.

2 Likes

Relax, it won’t be long at all before you’ll have more portraits than you know what to do with.

Having them in the shop at all is relatively new. It used to be maybe one or two per expansion, all for cash, and then two or three a year for special achievements. That they’ve expanded into offering more for gold and rotating every few weeks is a bounty that this game hasn’t had before.

Tip: also check in the collection manager. Sometimes heroes are available for gold there, and it’s not the same ones you see in the store.

5 Likes

Thank you!

I am collecting gold for the Dwarf King for Warrior, that’s my favorite Warrior skin, and once I get 1800 gold, that Dwarf is going to replace my Grommash. xD

Thanks again for the help.

1 Like