Priests are unpleasant to play against

Because, you know, some people don’t care about playing netdecks and they actually like to experiment some cards. When all you face is aggro decks and 15/15 worth of minions or being at 10 health as early as turn 5, you have to play whatever delaying tools are available - even though we know this dev team hates control decks, they print like 5% of cards of a new expac for slower decks while the rest is just mad aggro/discover/crazy buffs/OTK garbage.

1 Like

I’ve been playing priest since the expansion started and I have yet to see a player insta concede against me. So, apparently, aggro decks really feel that they have a good shot against priests, otherwise we would see people conceding way more often.

1 Like

What are you saying? I don’t care what other players do or don’t do. I didn’t say that everyone concedes to priest, I said I will continue to concede to priest. Coolio?

My point is that people complain about priests all the time when 99% of them are playing vomit or gimmicky decks, yet they still play against them regardless, because they know they still can win if the priests draw poorly, because the class has no card draw. I give it to people when something is really broken with the class (machine gun priest, etc.) but in general people just complain about them because they usually can’t be facerolled like they do against other classes. I don’t see anyone complaining about quest spell mage deck or fist of ra-den shaman. Why? Because they are easy to be facerolled.

I’ve been beaten so many times by my own cards and cards that I have to face over and over again through card generation. It’s unfun. No Minion Mage I was conceding to as well because they almost always pulled RNG wins from out of nowhere. I could have been playing well, have lethal on board the Mage throws down a Yogg with no board and the next thing you know, they have a full board, all my stuff is dead and no way to come back. That is the definition of Unfun. I like a good, competitive match and have zero problems losing those matches but I also like to have fun while I’m playing too. Priest these days are annoying to play against. I’ll take my L with a smile on my face and move on to the next match.

4 Likes

It goes both ways really. I’ve played against priests on my mage where they copied a third of my deck and I still managed to win. I’ve had some puzzle box wins too, but trust me on this one, they are really rare.

hsreplay . net/replay/yjPoYY4v4BAgjfU829pnge See here the example of your own post. I played decently, but there’s just no way I could handle that kind of RNG BS. If anything, RNG plays mostly against priest than in favor, because they don’t have draw and they can’t discover minions like other classes do.

I don’t know what to tell ya man, you can play as or against priest all ya want. Like I said no hate from me but I will continue to hit that button and move on.

I didn’t really mind priest until they got the 2 mana steal your deck for a turn card.
It is literally a kick in the balls to any other slow / combo deck.

A priest used that against me. Problem was, we where at 10 mana and he had a fully upgraded Galakrond in his hand. He concided the moment i played it.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t take the L with a smile. Priest is a garbage class. Stealing your cards and being beaten with it is a garbage mechanic, full stop. In any other card game that would be called cheating. The idea behind the skill is ‘ trying to read your opponents hand/mind’, NOT actually literally seeing what cards they have. The problem is I doubt the devs play against Priest long enough to understand how annoying and unfair the gameplay is (let them try grinding ladder and face it so many times to understand).

From its Galakrond, to sealing, to quest, to very long and unfun games…the whole class is just garbage.

But things will hopefully change…

7 Likes

It doesn’t bother me to take the L because that’s one less frustrating match I won’t be playing. I don’t play the game with any consistency really and about the only time I do play a lot is when the new expacs drop. So not a big deal to me. But i do agree with what ya say…priests suck.

The card steal is bad yes. He steal my tactic. But I hate Mages more. They cast few spells and get an 6/6 on the board for free. When I cleared everything by the time he got a new 6/6. Mages secrets are bad. Or they copy my strong minions. Or counter or 3 damage aoe or whatever and that all 2 times? And worse, if I buff a minion the next round it is a sheep. 2 times. They cast many spells with their mana. They freeze my tanks. With a priest you see what is played and can take action against it. I am afraid sometimes to play a strong minions, would it be copied, countered or destroyed?

because they want a game lasting more than 5 mins?

2 Likes

I find it funny when they pull the old “switcharoo” with hand and deck, and it works in my favour…

Aside from that, my only issue is as a mage, no matter how many free spells I can generate, there is just never enough to combat all the dr, and rezzing. Even after I play reno, to clear the board

iv done it when my hand doesnt have any playable cards in my hand fishing for something to play from their or to just find out whats on their hand

From my experience, Priest is the entry level class. Its the class that is the tutorial of the game.

If you can beat Priest, you can reliably climb the ladder while the Priest players themselves are stuck at the lower ranks cause of how bad the class is.

This is the only expansion where they get a reliable end game finisher( Reborning their board over and over) and decent AoE to make it to that finisher.

Thought-out the history of Hearthstone, Priest was always the Trash class even during their Entomb Shenanigan.

The current version of Resurrect Priest has been around since last August when Saviors of Uldum came out.

I just got back from a year of not playing Hearthstone due to Quest Rogue and Pirate Warrior PTSD, so didn’t know when the reborn priest came about rofl.

All I know is I play against them a few times and they still play exactly like they played in Classic minus card draw mechainc.

Kinda enjoying Hearthstone more currently since the meta is less rush/combo.

Really wished they focused on silence priest… it was the most reasonable and fun arch type… tempo priest seems pretty fun and reasonable… I hope that sticks.
but yeah… resurrect And steal/manipulate priest should burn in hell… literally made to give your opponent a HORRIBLE time playing experience…

No. What is not enjoyable is playing against randomly generated and stolen cards. It is not about losing.

3 Likes