Priest Quest is the example of how bad this game is

It’s a literal “I Win” card. Sure, you need to work for it, and there’s a lot of other instant win conditions out there, but a card so literal in it’s win condition… You just play it, and puff, your opponent dies. No matter how the game went, how the game is going… puff, gone. It’s just absurd.

It’s not even a matter of balance or win rate or whatever. It’s just such poor design, it’s just awful. How the mighty have fallen indeed…

13 Likes

I don’t like such designs as well, but it is the Dev’s answer to counter another type of deck.

3 Likes

“Do 30 damage to the opponent”. There, a similar card BUT that still leaves a little bit of room for the other player to maneuver. I’s not rocket science. A “Your Opponent Dies No Matter What” card should NEVER exist.

3 Likes

I’d rather play against Quest Priest than, Quest Warrior, Warlock or Mage… ANY DAY.

Queue me up.

7 Likes

I enjoy playing quest priest all otks are i win and this one requires a reasonable set up.

6 Likes

Again, is not about winrate. It’s just about the design choice of creating a literal “you win” card.

the literal i win card is the shard not the quest itself …

try it and see how often you get to use that shard

9 Likes

Yes a literal i win card that is made useless currently in the meta. It takes so long to setup. Usually the priest is being comboed before their quest is even done. A finisher is always required and i think this is a fine one. There is even a point where you can interact with the priest quest reward. It is the only class that cannot play it the turn quest is completed. In fact after you get to play the reward you the need to draw/have the shard in your hand at the start of turn since it costs 10 mana. You dont just “win” with the other classes but they also finish the reward more consistently and usually devastate annd kill you with it.

3 Likes

Unless the priest has the most ridiculous draw and then draws everything else in perfect order including discovery they will lose to any deck outside of another long game control deck. In that case the card was created specifically to beat long term control/value decks.

3 Likes

It’s… extremely fair. It’s a card that requires you to play 8 cards in sequence, then you play a card, then you need to tutor out/find a 10 mana spell from your deck.

Having a card which doesn’t care about how greedy your opponent is being with armor gain or charging up some absurd play or what have you is fine. It’s good to have stuff which just flat out ends attrition battles and it’s a very fair way to do it.

4 Likes

There’s way more better decks than Quest Priest. You need a more aggressive build before shard can be drawn and before the Priest stabilises mid to late game.

I win cards like these have been present in every other CCG ever and HS for decades.

Honestly I think all the quest rewards should have been shuffled into the deck.

Terrible design yes, luckily priest sucks

This is what I was going to say.

I just crafted the deck with the dust I got yesterday and in about 10 games, I’ve played the “I win” card once.

You also have to draw the quest as soon as you shuffle it when playing against a rogue. I have Parlayed quite a few Shards and used them myself.

Not to mention that this quest can also be disrupted by cards like parrlay, mutanus, counterspell, tickatus, celestial alignment…

Imo if we compare quest priest to any other otk deck, quest priest is the balanced version because it’s slow and predictable, and it will lose to other OTKs.

4 Likes

In principle alone, cards of this type should never – I’ll say again – never be made.

4 Likes

And yet every CCG has them.

1 Like

lol There are plenty of decks in the game that can do way more than 30 damage to the opponent right now, in Standard. I don’t know why the longest quest to complete should have such a weak effect; maybe if they removed the “7/8” cost phase of the quest and Xyrella did 30 damage as the battlecry instead of shuffling a spell into your deck that does 30 damage.

1 Like