Priest Missed the Nerf?

Still no nerf for rez priest? Are you freaking kidding me?

Blizzard said in an interview that face hunter and rez priest didn’t get nerfs because they’re only strong in the ‘low ranks’

Yes it’s me from the ow forums ~WildPants

seriously other decks need a nerf more then that one. Zoolock is still the biggest cancer deck. You are also crying about a deck that is not even used much…

According to https://hsreplay.net/meta/, resurrect priest is currently tier-2, the 8th deck type when listed by win rate.
So why ask for nerfs for this decks, and not for the 7 archetypes with higher win rates?

“Let’s nerf all the decks!”

Honestly, this is the WORST balanced -shouldn’t even be used in this sentence as it doesn’t pertain - expansion they have released yet. There was obviously very little balancing done before release. Prob last expansion I’ll buy, not just due to the lack of balancing before release but the obvious fact that hearthstone is becoming nothing more than a cash cow for blizzard, just like they did with wow.

1 Like

I can understand that you might not like this expansion. But Ressurect Priest only uses 1 new card, so you are starting to seem incoherent when you are mixing those two in the same thread.

Dean Ayala specifically addressed leaving Priest without nerfs. Basically meta trends are unfavorable for Priest. I will translate, if you want to crush Priests, there’s a lot of good options such as Warlock, Rogue, and Druid.

They won’t nerf it because it is only seen in ‘lower ranks’ as mentioned.

Priest does not need a nerf, it needs a class re-design. Its currentt mechanics are garbage.

1 Like

fact: noone really knows HOW to play against a rez priest so instead of learning they cry.

1 Like

fact: noone really CARES how to play against a rez priest. Its the most mundane deck there is. Not worth the time to play through to the end of your deck and figure out which one is going to die from fatigue. Absolutely ridiculous hero power after the quest. Developers have completely lost their way with this game and it shows with this deck.

4 Likes

Yeah and somehow mek paladin is ranked 3rd on the tier 1 despite being nowhere near the top ten most played decks of which Rez priest is 5th with an over 57% win rate

It’s only not it tier 1 because there seems to be only one variant of the deck being used

Yes rez priest needs a nerf, if only for the reason that it is the most annoying thing to play against

2 Likes

Do you kids want Nerfstone? Because this is how you get Nerfstone!

3 Likes

Source?

Or are you merely voicing your opinion and trying to add more weight to it by claiming it’s a fact?

2 Likes

Tiers on hsreplay are determined by win rate of the archetype, not by number of decks, nor by number of games played (though I assume that they completely exclude archetypes with insufficient total games, such as e.g. fatigue hunter).

Mech Paladin has (according to that site, at this time, based on standard games since last patch) 54.64% win rate. Resurrect Priest sits at 52.24%.

Which immediately disproves your claim that there’s only a single deck used. If this were the only deck in the archetype, then the archetype’s win rate would be the same as for the deck.

(A quick look at https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PRIEST shows that there are in fact over 30 different decks that are either the Quest Resurrect archetype, or the Resurrect archetype, and that have over 400 recorded games since the last patch).

I do agree that the archetype is very annoying. And I have advocated several times already to implement a proper graveyard, then have resurrection move a minion from the graveyard to the board - in other words, don’t resurrect a copy but resurrect the original (with stats back to standard), then only allow that same minion to be resurrected again after it dies once more.

What I mean is that there is one popular variant being used at a successful rate, of course there are other variants but they are cheapy underwhelming versions… and thus brings the meta rating down. The Rez priest deck is a pretty expensive deck to craft a lot of legends and epic cards, only natural that there is many cheap versions of the deck that pull down its weight
While as a deck like face hunter and mek paladin and really cheap to craft thus anyone can craft it and making its rating someone more reliable because no one is playing the cheap version of the deck.

1 Like

That is a bad idea, sorry. This is not MtG. The game would have t be reinvented entirely, and a very very large number of cards redone, all to accommodate what amounts to your own personal preference.

1 Like

Crying about priest, go play ur heroes who summons endless of them and give them alla bloodlust or 2+2 buff your board to 5/5 , dont know why u cry about priest, when Rogues,druids,warlocks,warriors,Mages,hunters are the better tier

People tend to get triggered by priest cause it’s long games and they have a lot of removal. I imagine aggro decks get especially triggered because by the nature of thier play they want fast games win or lose. They have to concede when the priest survives thier opening burst and it makes them mad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly, it’s not fun for me as a priest not having cards enough to beat most decks, u think I have fun meeting aggro comps? Naa lame af, mabey I should go compöain about that :sunglasses:

I made the mistake of playing galok priest without doing any research… why is it so fricken bad. Ugh! Ironically rez priest is one of the few match ups it’s not terrible vs. The games literally take like 30 minutes though.

I’ve seen a couple rez priests concede cause even they don’t want to play it out.

Rez priest back to its 59 win rate only deck closing in on 60
Every other deck failing miserably in comparison

2 Likes