Priest is unhealthy for the game

Why should buff Priest be more toxic? Doesn’t run Galakrond, cc, or steal spells? (Than Murloc Pally). I don’t think illucia will make the cut if that is what you are after.

I didn’t.

Not all aggro decks are brainless vomit-your-hand aggro decks, and not all aggro players are brainless vomit-your-hand aggro decks.

1 Like

Because it’s a low IQ, dumbed down version of a select basis of combo.

“I have to remove every priest minion because of card X” combined with “I can’t race priest” is toxic design.

You could race combo and didn’t have to remove all of their minions. People dislike(d) combo widely. I didn’t. It was a game of hand read, analyzing optimal mana usage and racing the health total.

Sometimes you’d trade a minion to take a select amount off a priest’s minion, and that’d be enough if you knew what you were doing. I liked that.

It was not “remove that or it always gets Apotheosis’d and you lose every time. Because Apotheosis is a card. And a dumb card at that.”

Sure, but even Murloc Paladin, if not played properly, will lose to Priest. I know because I’ve beaten plenty of Murloc Paladin players who played the matchup poorly. That’s the point I keep trying to make.

1 Like

it could be that this is an easier than the old version, but why is that less toxic than MP? You have to remove all Murlocs too, at every point of the game a MP can gather 6 mulrocs and put a warleader to finish.

You don’t, though. Again, hand read and optimizing mana vs mana cancel.

1 Like

If a murloc paladin only has 2 cards in hand true. But if he has a decend hand or luck that isn’t true. As control I have to remove all, until turn 8. Too often Mp gets the 2 Shaman Murloc and can snowball. Now ofc a facehunter disagrees and only favourably trades.

This is why I dislike most control decks. Just reacting, never weaving a proactive game plan.

I disagree, they do, after turn 10 when the true game starts:PPPPP

Like Yogg’s Buzz Pox.

You can play without. Although not effectively. I think Blizzard took the wrong path, soemwhere.

Not a noob, and I resent the implication.

I know they just “redid” the class, but they somehow epic fail that redesign, too.

I know the new cards don’t help.

This is why I suggested they just rotate it out of the game for a while. Remove it. Dust it. Shoot in the head and put it out of its misery.

You can play wonky slow decks with another class, too.

There are so many negatives in that sentence, I don’t think I know what you mean.

You understand the game if you think murloc paladin is more annoying than priest?

If that is what you meant to say, I would say you are wrong. I would suggest you are sick of getting bent by MP and that’s QQ. MP loses to plenty of decks, but is strong to plenty of others.

It occupies a niche in the meta. Priest just annoys people while they roll it in an excessively drawn out, boring, game.

Negation would be: You understand the game if you don’t think MP is more annoying than Priest
But I get tired too;) 1 am here^^
I claim that at least from a Control player’s perspective, buff Priest is as annoying as MP.

See? you got the opposite from his post, which is why I wanted clarification. lol.

It’s a double negative… so you have to undo both of them.

From the context/his posts it is clear though^^

There are 3 parts.

So the point you keep trying to make is that when you cherry pick to just instances when other people are playing poorly, priests can win?

That’s… not much of a point. It certainly doesn’t explain all the priest hate, as it’s illogical to assume anyone who hates priest must be somehow not playing their class/deck properly.

I’ll just restate my own point: in the aggregate, when who “plays properly” averages out, vomit-your-hand aggro decks like murloc pally have an advantage over priest, while priests have an advantage over warriors who don’t do vomit-your-hand aggro.

Well, no. But it certainly explains why people think Priest is OP, and the hate directed to the class from people who claim said OPness. It’s either that or people having incredibly selective memory.

I don’t disagree with that point. Like I said, “brainless vomit-your-hand aggro” was not really meant to describe an archetype, but a type of player.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. Again, you’re just cherry picking the ones you say are not playing properly, as if they speak for all those who complain about and hate priests.

They don’t.

Looking only at the bad apples is like how certain “news” outlets (rhymes of Ox) focusing their outrage and blame on certain minority groups, cheery picking only stories that put them in a bad light (or spun to look as as possible)

Here’s what you originally said that I responded to

You said “decks”, not players. Which is why I looked at how the decks in the aggregate performed.

But ok, let’s accept that you are just horrible at choosing words and you’re talking about players.

That doesn’t make things better. That means your point, the one you said you “keep trying to make”, is just a bunch of personal attacks. It leads us to no solutions, only more hatred and division. Hmmm, again, sorta like what certain “news” networks do with their rhetoric.

Once it became clear my original comment was worded poorly, I specifically narrowed it down to the subset of complainers/haters who focus on Priest’s supposed overpoweredness. Plenty of people dislike playing against (or as) Priest without claiming the class is some sort of meta tyrant.

I misspoke. It happens.

Well, yes. Because the players I have in mind, the ones that keep harping on a false narrative, don’t listen to reason. I know, because I’ve tried. So I’m not particularly inclined to try and engage them seriously, because doing so in the past didn’t change a thing.

But the people I’m referring to aren’t interested in solutions. As for “hatred and division,” that seems overly dramatic. It’s a videogame. Nothing we say here matters in the long run, nor does it stick around much longer than a few days. In a week, when Scholomance comes out and we have an entirely new meta, you’ll have a whole new slew of complaints. Outside of a few die-hards, nobody is going to remember what beefs they had with what class.

1 Like