Priest is the most unfun and frustrating class to play against right now

I just like how this became a QR discussion.

1 Like

Just like how King Krush is my favorite Rogue card, Caverns Below is my favorite Priest card.

Priest have so much value, control the board effectively and bring back minions over and over.

Already looking forward to rotation in 2021 lol. I’m sick of their invoke.

Rogue is similar, I recently had 2 Rogue matches (forgot what deck I was using at the time) but towards the end of both of those matches I realised I never damaged their face the entire match. It was because they too controlled the board effectively. The only time they took damage was when they daggered my minions to clear.

1 Like

Because, as it’s already been told, it was not a balanced card, since it was warping the meta.
They didn’t delete it because the never do.
They didn’t rewotk it because it would have taken them even more time, and the card had been a problem for enough time already

Then why hide behind calling it a balance adjustment? They increased the requirement to 5 bounces. If the intent was to destroy it, why not increase it to 10 bounces? Or make it 5 bounces but the minions are now 2/2 instead of 5/5? That certainly kills the card. Instead, they fed us bullcrap that they were making a balance adjustment and tweaked it just enough to back up their lies.

They didn’t even try to balance the card.

Well, all I did was use QR as an example of how overwhelming player compaints do, in fact, affect design decisions. And the QR haters jumped all over it.

Because it was a adjustment. The card didn’t implode and die, it just wasn’t consistent enough to carry the archetype through the meta. There’s no lies, just a overpowered card that got nerfed.

If anything, you seem to be the only person in the thread biased about the card. There were plenty good reasons to nerf it, and it was nerfed.

2 Likes

They nerf they implemented was to wherer the card was already weak, not to where the card was strong. The extra bounce did not reduce it’s win rate against Control; it increased the loss rate against Aggro where it was already weak. The correct nerf would have been to decrease the size of the new minions to 4/4s or even 4/3s (or maybe even 3/3s) so control decks could have a chance to compete and clear them a little more easily (5 health is tough to kill). But they also had to DECREASE the bounce requirement so they could get their buff effect online sooner, before the Aggro decks wipe them out.

Because it was a balance adjustement.

Because the intent was not to destroy it

Then why did they nerf it twice ? Because they destroyed the card so much they had to do it again ? Or just because they tried to balance it, failed, and tried again ?

It was not. You don’t seem to understand how QR worked and where it’s strengths and weakneeses were.

QR was strong against Control decks because Control decks couldn’t do anything against it while it was working the quest. and then by the time Control was in a position to fight, the flood of 5/5s were just too strong to deal with. It wasn’t the time it took to get the quest completed, it was the size of the minions. The minion size needed the nerf. That would have reduced QR’s win rate against Control

On the other side, QR needed a buff to complete with Aggro. Aggro was killing QR very quickly becuase QR was busy working the quest and could not really defend itself. So Aggro decks could simply ping away at the Hero and easily burn him down by turn 5 or 6. The only chance QR had was to get the perfect luckky draws to get the quest online by turn 4 and start fighting back. The the bounce requirement should have been REDUCED to 3. Even if the minions were nerfed to 4/3’s (or maybe even 3/3’s), that might be enough to give QR a chance to come back and pull off a win now and then.

These two adjustments would have served to decrease the win rate against Control and increase the winreate against Aggro.

It was. Weither it failed to balance the card or not do not change the fact that it was made to balance it.

Why would you balance a card by further nerfing it’s weakness and doing nothing to impact it’s strengths?

Because it’s strength is deemed too high (or too much ? I don’t remember how to say it)

But as I explained, they did nothing to reduce the card where it’s strong. All they did was make it even weaker where it’s already weak.

Yes, because it’s an effective way to make it weaker.
The main goal was to give control more space to breath, right ?
Making it even weaker against aggro was probably to make it less played, thus allowing control decks to reappear without the fear of getting squashed by it half of there games.
Did it work ? I don’t know, and honestly I don’t care.

Actually, it’s a terrible way to make it weaker. Effective, but misguided.

It was? I thought the goal of “balance adjustments” would be to balance the card.

Exactly. It wasn’t to balance the card. It was done to destroy the card. They didn’t even try to balance it. They just destroyed it and lied about calling it a balance adjustment.

Reducing the size (particularly the health) of the buffed minions would have made Control more competitive against QR.

Less played does not mean unplayable

1 Like

After a couple weeks, the deck almost completely disappeared from play. That’s not balancing the card.

See that’s where we disagree. I think that’s FAILING to balance the card, while you think it’s intended

They implemented a change completely backwards from what was needed. The developers are not idiots. I can’t imagine they looked at the card and thought up was down and just made a boo boo. It’s all moot, of course, since the card is out of standard. But I still maintain that they intentionally broke the card and lied about their claim that it was a balancing adjustment. But oh well… just another in a long line of deceitful conduct from Blizzard. Yet I’m still here playing. Go figure.

Partial quote changes my statement to a question. I didn’t ask how it happened. I am following the conversation. I was making a statement commenting on the change lol. Please don’t use half my sentence to change what i am saying/have said.