Priest is the most unfun and frustrating class to play against right now

Say what you will about Demon Hunters, but after nerfs they can actually be defeated now. Priest on the other hand is the most unfun deck i’ve seen since Patron warrior. You can’t hope to drop anything on board because they clear it without having to sacrifice ANYTHING.
Opponent tries to fill board with cheap minions to attack? aoe 2 damage breath and done. Opponent drops a legendary or some kind of high attack/problematic if left on field minion? Use the 2/6 that kills it when it dies.
Your opponent silenced it? use the spell that gives it a deathrattle of summoning 2 copies of it when it dies. Then proceed to resurrect it 6 more times until opponent just concedes or gets destroyed.
All while priest can easly recover all the way back to 30 HP.

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING? Even if its true that priest is now a control class, this feels ridiculous. And thats not getting into Murozond and the 7 mana that lets them copy opponent board then use it to clear it while having to sacrifice absolutely nothing on their side. Or the lifesteal cards that ensures they can’t be dropped under 30 hp on earlier turns.

Honestly, reached diamond 5 and im not reaching legend. Im sick of this completely broken deck. At least druid is forced to be open on earlier turns so you can race it with some decks in exchange of later dropping fatass minions, but priest is that and literally the inability to even deal any lasting damge on them at all. Even a DH dropping 2 back to back Priestess of fury couldn’t hope to do anything against it.
Even if you tell me to just play it, I just dont like control when its this bad. Matches are long and this deck is just as fun as playing Zoolock(aka, not fun at all) since all that happens is the priest stalling opponent forever and just destroy all his answers while keeping himself in a good position and then wreck him.

Seriously. Screw priest and this awful Meta in general.

19 Likes

I 100% agree. Something needs to be balanced with Priest. They should have the ability to resurrect minions or the ability to control a board but both is complete overkill.

8 Likes

many can say the same words you had for priest on the topic tittle …

4 Likes

…Complaining about Priest when Rogue exists.

'Kay.

11 Likes

They both suck. Priest sucks more. I’ll play a quest rogue or mil rogue any day but i refuse to play a single game against a priest until the devs understand they need to do something.

5 Likes

Rogue relies too much on RNG for consistency. And only having one viable class against a dominating one on a meta with 10 different classes is just awful design. Also, I dont like playing rogue and i dont feel like spending dust and being stuck playing it until Year of Phoenix is over and priest lose all their busted cards.

Edit: somehow made a Typo and said Dragon instead of Phoenix. Fixed

Try playing wild… Priest class is complete FUBAR

3 Likes

I’ve had more wins against Demon Hunter than Priest. Against DHs, i can play fine and usually do well, and even when i lose, at least i was close to win. Priest I’ve had way over +30 matches against one and only won like once. Thats just awful. You feel like DHs deserves a nerf? Fine, but also nerf priests so that we can actually play against them instead of being permanently locked of meaningful plays against them.

1 Like

It seems to me you are most likely playing a face type of deck, which is priests time to shine usually. Slower games, Quick early burst dmg or more control of the board priest cannot handle as well as you might think. Sometimes they do get lucky but druid mage and shaman are usually bad matches for priest, also demon hunter and hunter trash priest so much i cant believe this is even a topic. Sometimes a priest can get a good hand and fend them off, but most times they die before they can establish control. I think you guys just need to understand for every deck there is a bad matchup. Priest decks arent even in the top right now on most teir lists.
I wanted to add a few link to ladder meta as well as standard in general, but links are not allowed so you will have to google it yourselves. Metabomb, Icy Veins, HRSReplay, as well as Hearthstone top decks all agree with me. Galakrond priest show on some but not most and only one has rez priest but doesnt have galakrond priest which is in my opinion the better deck. Check the meta, these are where you can netdeck if you wish as well, maybe your changes to the deck your playing cause you to lose a match up you should win majority of the time.

1 Like

Have to disagree with you there, I played a quest warrior all the way to legend this season, and throughout all the games I only lost to a priest once, and that was when he got really lucky with his thoughtsteals, other than that one anomaly, priests were just free wins as they simply cannot handle the constant pressure from the free 4/3s every turn, and priests generally have next to no early game so they wont be able to put pressure on you before you have completed the quest.

Are you playing Warrior or Face Hunter by any chance? :thinking:

3 Likes

Pretty much all those “hated” priest decks are close to free wins to any decent decks. Even mages have high chance against priest.

Priests I have seen usually lose like this:
-They crack in fast games. Their lack of early game causes them lose sooner than they can start clearing board. Smorcs like dh and hunters can win them, sure sometimes luck screws either side. Totem shaman especially seems to have good day with priest.

Constant mid level pressure really exhausts them. Gala Rogue, hack warrior and warlocks can push so much board that priest can just react to that stuff and never quite play their costly stuff.

Priest draws like it was yesterday. More than often they do not have right cards in the hand and just lose board.

5 Likes

Right now?

You’re kidding right? Priest has ALWAYS been attrociously annoying to play against. The class fantasy is “Be a thieving douchebag with a limitless amount of removal”.
The class is Designed to be annoying and overpowered. I’ve always detested the class and my opinion has not changed over the years.

12 Likes

It has been for 2 years now. Obviously blizzard doesn’t see a problem with Res Priest even though they know everyone hates it. What does that tell you?

1 Like

Ummm, the best priest deck is a tier 3 dude lol.

You can make the argument that it is stressful for YOU to play against it, but not the argument that it is not balanced, given the fact that we can consult data, and data says you are wrong.

11 Likes

Blizzard’s argument for why they took so long to nerf Big Priest in Wild was that the deck was more popular than its winrate warranted. This means that people liked playing it even if it wasn’t the best ladder deck.

Clearly, as much as people hate to play against it, plenty of people like to play it. Blizzard isn’t going to ignore the latter group just because the former complains on the forums.

3 Likes

Right now? Demon Hunter - HEllooooo?!

DH is not a problem any more. In lower ranks it still dominates, but that is because the players in lower ranks just do not play good decks of play good decks badly, and everyone has the DH deck and it is very easy to play well.

If you disagree or doubt me - get HSREPLAY premium and check the numbers in Top 1000 Legend.

Priest is beatable by very agro and very value decks. Basically things on two extremes. Everything in between is pretty miserable to play against them, I agree.

My quest paladin (of all things) actually has no problem beating ghalakrond and ressurect priests (or any slow deck really) because I manage to outvalue them through all their tomfoolery :P. Whereas my more regular decks hate priests with a passion.

2 Likes

According to HSReplay, the best Priest deck among top 1000 Legend is Galakrond Priest, a Tier 3 deck with an overall winrate of 49.3%.

Neither Galakrond nor Highlander Priest (the top performing Priest decks at Legend) play like this.

According to HSReplay, the best performing Priest deck at any rank is Highlander Priest at Legend, a Tier 2 deck. ViciousSyndicate’s Meta reports for AoO put all Priest decks at Tier 3 or 4. Same thing with TempoStorm’s meta reports. So it’s unclear where the “Priest is a Tier 1 deck” thing is coming from (and of course, which Priest deck you are talking about).

9 Likes