Poorly Designed Expansion!

I know that card themes and designs are a matter of taste.

But I still can’t get over this Tourist mechanic. I assume many others feel the same.
Let’s ignore for a moment that these are dual-class cards with an additional Legendary card as an entry ticket, or that half of the Tourist cards synergize poorly with one of the classes.

The cognitive load is simply too much. Don’t take me for an idiot, but I constantly have to compare the class cards of each class during deck building, figuring out who has a Tourist effect for which class, and so on.

Why on earth didn’t you just make these dual-class cards?!

Imagine in five years we’re still playing Hearthstone; what’s already complicated today will become a real hassle. Dual-class cards are popular, everyone knows them, and they fit into the framework. Just the thought of these Tourist cards being developed as dual-class cards immediately raises the value of this expansion.

Why does every expansion need to introduce a new keyword?!

How about this as an alternative:
The cards from this expansion become dual-class cards. The Legendaries with the Tourist trait could now say: You can add a single card of your choice from the target class to your deck. That would be meaningful and exciting AND it would offer a clear view.

BTW: You could also update the card texts to match the “old” keywords once cards move to the wild mode. It’s annoying that cards have different wording for the same thing. Unfortunately, your intern would have to do that for free since nobody pays for these kinds of services.

Thanks.

2 Likes

You imply it’s just a gimmick and I admit it makes sense to have that intuition but the intuition is wrong in this case. If they were just dual then they could be included in ALL other decks without the tourist.

The restriction changes the wider balance; you must often get a handicap by using a mediocre tourist (as its singular effect); or the Devs are free to make the “dual” cards more powerful.

Shaman and mage are going to have two tourists these cards are not allowed at the same time so if mage uses paladin tourist they can’t use there new rogue tourist.

that means the expansoing woulndt have class cards and all cards would been neutral