Pogo rogue too OP?

“Wait and see” is the correct response, but you have to admit that after the fiasco that was Jade Idol, this buff to pogo rogue is bringing back some bad memories.

It is a relief that Rogues don’t have nearly the survival tools that Druids did back when Jades were running amok.

2 Likes

Battleship

Class: Warrior

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Omega Assembly

2x (1) Shield Slam

2x (2) Execute

2x (2) Slam

2x (2) Warpath

2x (2) Weapons Project

2x (3) Fiery War Axe

2x (3) Shield Block

1x (4) Archmage Vargoth

2x (5) Brawl

2x (5) Witchwood Grizzly

2x (6) Damaged Stegotron

2x (7) Amani War Bear

1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius

1x (9) Oondasta

1x (9) The Boomship

1x (10) Dimensional Ripper

1x (10) The Boom Reaver

AAECAQcGuPYCkvgCm4oDlpQD9pYD1pkDDEuRA6IEkQb/B7II8vECm/MC9PUCg/sC+/4C2IwDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is a standard control package with Warpath, Mad Genius, Brawls and Omega Assembly but with a little twist:

Focus on early survival, even playing a Brawl on 2 or 3 minions (against mech hunter) and try to gain armor as much as possible through the mid-game. By late game, you’re still defending and slowing him to easily play Dimensional Ripper and cast strong taunts to delay any uncleared mech.

Sometimes it is better to not play Mad Genius until you stabilize. It is one of the hardest matchups and you might end with few points of health but can be beated.

It should reduce the buff +1/+1 then have new ability “draw extra copy when you draw this”

And its type should be clockroach.

Pogo rogue on ladder is a noob trap.

2 Likes

Looking at decks on hsreplay, I would guess not.

I’d like to see a good pogo deck too. The 30-40% winrate decks all seem to be running the cards you’d expect. Daring escape, scheme, shark, vanish. My opinion is these cards, counterintuitively, make the deck bad. Especially shark.

I think the lackey frame is probably just plain better. As of now, there’s one pogo deck with a positive winrate, and it does this. Sadly it runs shark, which I think weighs it down. To its credit, it runs lifedrinker, which should be 2 instead of 1.

IMO that deck would benefit from cutting novice for shiv, eviscerate for fan, rat for another lifedrinker, and shark for elekk (or anything really).

### Tempo Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Pogo-Hopper
# 1x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Lab Recruiter
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 2x (4) Waggle Pick
# 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
#
AAECAaIHCLICzQOvBO/xAuf6AqCAA7SRA72ZAwu0AZwC7QKIB90IpvAC1/oC4PoCtIYDj5cDiZsDAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/0Orgs95OFg4MXu7wQssEBc/

i beat one today with a subpar clone gallery priest deck teched with lots of silence, because i assumed i would be seeing pogos and snaps. yeah priest is mostly trash right now, but silence could be just what breaks it through. pathetic.
Oh, clear the board at almost any cost, so they can’t bounce and shuffle. that seems to work for me with all rogue archetypes.

cant beat them either my favorite personal deck is useless now :face_with_head_bandage:

I was watching toast vid her put up on pogo today. It looks strong but seems it may have a high skill cap.

Earth Shock is my new favorite card for this current meta.

Silence Mechs.

Neuter Hyenas.

One-shot 20-foot-tall Pogos…

Earth Shock :heart:

5 Likes

Why you gotta go bustin’ balls?!?

Not cool!

3 Likes

Those Hunters get too cocky when their dogs get big, they need to be taken down a snip notch and Mother Nature is all too happy to help.

3 Likes

and i thought we were friends :cry:

This was Bowser, my namesake, for those who dont get the joke:

Imgur

3 Likes

That card was always going to be a problem.

When it was first announced/released I posted about how this is a broken card worse yet than jade idol. There is zero counter. Skulking geist was made solely to counter jade druid (3 expansions later of course). Nothing can stop the pogos and now that it costs 1 mana it is just a matter of time before this card becomes unbeatable.

As usual the developers design one step forward and 3 steps backwards.

2 Likes

And you were clearly wrong, since… y’know, nobody played it.

Huh… I remember him having a turtle shell and arm bands.

5 Likes

Beep boop. This is my discord avatar:

Imgur

But, no. I took my name from my dog (who was named after petrol pumps), not Mario’s Bowser.

Beaky, you know the rule… No one can admit when they’re wrong just that they haven’t been proven a genius yet =p

3 Likes

It’s fine.
Blizzard should just get its head out of its a$$.

The “it has a <50% global winrate” argument has never been particularly good. It’s an argument that people tried to make to defend Patron Warrior, Quest Rogue, Jade Druid (before Druid got all the OP tools in KotFT), Shudderwock, Mill Rogue, and basically all the OTK decks that shut out Control+Value decks by default. Blizzard has shown time and time again that a global winrate of less than 50% means nothing when it’s a deck that completely warps the meta in unfun ways.

4 Likes

Watched JAlexander stream yesterday. He played pogo for a while. Some things he said.

Shark is wrong. It’s a bad card, period.
Edwin is wrong. SI:7 is wrong. These conclusions surprise me.
Prep doesn’t work because not enough spells.
Tak is a dead card. He watched strifeco play a deck with it and never used it.
Scheme isn’t great but he didn’t know what to replace it with.
Carpet was something he was trying.
I seem to remember him saying vanish was not good (bc pogo isn’t quest) but he was running two.
He said he tried waggle pick and cut it.
He speculated about 1 of bronze gatekeeper and/or sunfury.
Barista, MUE, Zilliax are essential.

Here’s the deck he was testing:

Backstab
Shadowstep
Daring escape
Pogo
Scheme -1
Thalnos *
Lab recruiter
Novice engineer
Sap
Young brewmaster
Miscreant
Fan
Carpet
Piper
Barista *
Myra's *
Zilliax *
Vanish

He swapped in a shiv for a novice (?) and a sunfury for something (carpet?). He used vanish once, and it was a dead card several times.

Sorry no code.

Yeah, I don’t care at all about some people complaining about what is currently a meme deck.

I want to see a viable pogo deck. If the meta warps around it like lackey, then complaints will carry weight. Until then, they just don’t.