Pogo rogue too OP?

Hi… I need to tell you my expirience today. Like 9/10 games that i played were against pogo rogue and i won anly one… I dont know how to qounter it or with which deck… Any suggestions? What do you think?

5 Likes

Were they all-in Pogo builds or Kabal builds that splashed Pogos as a win condition? I hope an all-in Pogo build becomes viable, we need more combo in this meta.

The answer, as always with decks with inevitability, is to kill them before they turn the corner. This is the same answer whether you are agro playing against control or control playing against combo.

Dont know… there were like 3 versions of deck… i couldnt win with tokken druid, hand mage, bomb warrior

Going to have to give it a couple days to see once the meta settles down. People were asking about a huge warrior counter and this deck obliterates warrior.

One thing i can’t stand is when they have a 10/10 bunni and they drop zilliax and then come back from death. So “play teh aggrroozz” isn’t a reliable counter as they come back from death most of the time with that card.

So it basically obliterates anything control and has really great tool that brings them back from death very easily against aggro. I’m getting flashbacks of jade idol from buni and its making me a little sick.

13 Likes

Yes but its more agressive because it cost 1 you can shufle it in your deck, wiskerer add it to your hand… cant destroyed it because of daring escape and vanish…

1 Like

People are experimenting with stuff right now. Give it time and we’ll just be right back in the same meta we were before. One mana pogo hoppers won’t make any more of an impact than 2 mana ones will when murloc shaman and bomb hunter get back. They kill too fast for pogo rogue to take off.

My prediction is hunter and murlock shaman will be the dominant forces in a week or so with some form of token druid utilizing mechs + sn1P and warrior filling the gaps. So pretty much what we’re used to.

1 Like

Sorry but i dont have that opinion… it will swarm us like Jade druid was

4 Likes

Zentimo looks again pretty solid though I was facing only prototypes of pogo deck with huge variations but even then I guess I would be dead if I would have played control version of shaman instead of meme zentimo otk.

But I guess it could pretty much obliterate slow control decks though I am unconvinced how pogo would fare against token druid and hunters. Vanish is kinda the only “control” tool vs. wide board.

Wel’ll see.

4 Likes

Spirit of the shark+Evil miscreant+daring escape+shadow step and you have bunch of lackeys to clear the board and have board control

1 Like

We’ll have to see. Pogo Rogue isn’t a fast deck. It never was and it still isn’t. It takes time to shuffle and draw bunnies, and you don’t usually see hoppers reaching 7/7 and 9/9 stat levels until turns 6 or 7. That’s pretty fast if you’re playing a slow control deck, so it’ll stomp all over warrior and slow shamans. But fast decks like murlocs and token can kill by turn 5.

One of Rogue’s biggest weakness is that it has very limited AoE removal so it has to rely on tempo to keep the board from reaching that state. Pogo rogue sacrifices a LOT of tempo cards for value cards. Togwaggles scheme and Lab recuruiter are high in value but they’re really BAD for tempo, and the Tak Nozwhisker combo doesn’t come down until turn 8+. It’s an investment in a huge unstoppable late game, but it only exasperate’s rogue’s weakness to wide board strategies.

I’m not sold that pogo rogue will work out. It REQUIRES a slow meta to be good. Nothing to me indicates that the meta will be slow once the initial dust settles down. Sn1P-Sn4P is a FAST card in decks like bomb and hunter. That’s not what pogo rogue wants to see.

Again, this is only a setup play to generate lackeys that can at best be done on turn 4 (drop shark on 3 and combo something with miscreant on 4). On turn 5 the rogue could easily be looking at a board of 5 or 6 bloodlusted murlocks charging her face. At that point all those lackeys she’s holding in her hand for the next turn are pretty lackluster.

6 Likes

I tried with warrior it was so slow… mage have chance but if you reach late game you lose… tokken is option but must be fast

I tried it but I probably just build a bad deck.

Which is exactly my point. You lost to pogo rogue because you were playing warrior and couldn’t apply early pressure. Pogo rogue absolutely demolishes warrior and there’s nothing available in warriors arsenal to stop it. But that just makes it strong against one class and archetype. Token druid, mech hunter, bomb hunter, and murloc shaman are all plenty fast to fry the rogue’s brains out before the bunnies ever have a chance to grow beyond 5/5 or 7/7 territory, and because pogo rogue is forced to sacrifice tempo cards to add value cards it also gives decks like zoo warlock the winning edge too when they would otherwise be at a small disadvantage.

Case in point: Wait to see what happens. People panic right out the gates the moment they see anything they think is too strong after a patch or expansion, but thats when decks are unrefined and often way too greedy. Once things settle down there’s a very high chance pogo rogue will get bullied out of the meta by the fast decks as usual. It happens every time and I very much doubt a 1 mana discout will change that.

6 Likes

You have some deck list on youtube… we will see im done today too much bugs right now

Again, this is only a setup play to generate lackeys that can at best be done on turn 4 (drop shark on 3 and combo something with miscreant on 4). On turn 5 the rogue could easily be looking at a board of 5 or 6 bloodlusted murlocks charging her face. At that point all those lackeys she’s holding in her hand for the next turn are pretty lackluster.

Bruh, don’t ruin a good story with facts.

Still too slow. Especially when Warrior is so bad now with Hunters and Mages everywhere

My warrior deck cant deal with them and Im ok with that. I’ll wait for hunters and murloc shamans to clean the trash so I can farm mech hunter, murloc and token druid again.

1 Like

If Conjurer’s Calling is ok, so is Pogo-hopper.

1 Like

yea, see, neither of those should be okay, honestly.

1 Like

how do you farm mech hunter as a warrior?

1 Like