PLEASE remove the bots already!

So when I go play a game in ranked, at least half the time I click the button, I’m greeted with this error “There was an error starting your game. Please try again in a few minutes.”

I’ve come to the understanding of what this error is and why it is happening. A few patches ago (don’t remember which one but only like 2 or 3 weeks back) in the Bug Fixes I saw a few of them related to playing against a bot, fixing rating when playing against a bot…etc.

Hold up Blizz! I’m pretty sure there is something in the Terms of Service that specifically says bot software is NOT allowed but you just acknowledged that they are in the game and instead of removing those accounts/players you fixed issues effected by playing against them? That doesn’t make sense.

That being said, we know bots are out there in the ranked universe. What is the new class that’s so easily played by bots? Death Knight.
What recently happened to players Death Knight cards that bought the all golden set? If you weren’t of the level to have those cards unlocked as golden they were removed from your collection.

This error has created another bug that has already been reported that every time people log into the game their Death Knight decks are invalid because the game keeps putting back in the golden version that they don’t have.

Bot software is not designed to check the validity of a deck before it tries to play so I’m convinced this “There was an error starting your game. Please try again in a few minutes.” error is a result of being matched against a bot with an invalid Death Knight deck.

Simple fix is just to remove bots.
Which are a violation of your Terms of Service anyway.

That error has nothing to do with bots and is caused by bad netcode. It’s been around a lot longer than the bots have.

2 Likes

Yup been around for like at least the last 4 months.

I work night shift, so I see a lot of bots in the after hours. Nothing like losing 60 or 70 matches between last month and this month hitting platinum. I’ve never made diamond and I feel like I never will. These losing streaks are simply mine blowingly painful and bits of rage ensued. Can’t get a good deck to work because it will automatically choose one that counters it perfectly with the answer every time for everything I’ve played.

I’ve noticed this lately. Takes like 4 tries before I connect. Really annoying, I’ve actually seen slightly less bots lately but I think that’s because they’re worse in the meta now(wild, even shaman).