Please fix roping @dev team

plz just fix ppl roping out, nothing else makes me want to stop playing harder then dealing with that crap

2 Likes

Both players have a set amount of time between turns and can use it ANYWAY they see fit. Most Youtubers playing at high rank will use most of their time every turn.

You can’t FORCE people to play within what you PERCIEVE is the correct time frame.

4 Likes

There’s no reason hearthstone needs 75 seconds when other digital ccgs follow a gold standard of 60 seconds. If you want to fix roping, get rid of those extra 15 seconds. Despite them feigning ignorance of their own code they do know how to; they did it once before (it was 90 seconds in alpha).

This all depends on certain factors. Some players rope starting from turn 1 until when its apparent they will lose as you move in for the last attack…in which case they hurry up and concede or leave game.
Some people though might have a valid reason such as bad internet connection or a slow device.

1 Like

if you seriously cant see the difference between, a pro thinking out their turns when needed, and someone whos playing odd warrior and roping out EVERY TURN, then theres something seriously wrong with you and you shouldnt be on this board.

there IS a problem with roping out, they literally force you to have a 10+ min game of doing nothing (which is ttttucking toxic and embarrassing that we havent fixed this yet) and MOST PEOPLE SURRENDER or I wouldn’t be in DIAMOND/LEGEND still seeing them floating around.

1 Like

I agree, remove roping. Remove the timer entirely. If I want to take 10 minutes on my turn, so be it.

2 Likes

If you seriously can’t understand that people have the RIGHT to do or take as MUCH time as they want within the given time frame then YOU SHOULD not be on this board.

Stop telling ME how to use my time. If I want to rope you I will.

If you think about it, your response is actually the ultimate admission of reprehensible behavior. Literally the best defense you could think to provide for your actions is that they’re technically not illegal.

This is a lie. You can always concede.

I think, roping is mostly part of a psychology warfare. Try to make your enemy frustrated, upset, wait for him to make a mistake. But you can use that to your advantage as well. Use your enemies time to think on your next move better. Don’t let it make you upset, just listen some relaxing or motivational music instead and try your best. :wink:

1 Like

A few sure, many I believe are playing a game while watching Netflix or doing work etc.

1 Like

you aren’t acknowledging that there is a difference betwean someone trying, and a troll getting into legend by making u stare at a rope and empty mana bar for 5 min straight just to get to turn 4. there is a problem with the trolls and if u dont even acknowledge that then you have something to gain by not patching this toxic mechanic, you are probably some noob whos taking advantage of this system and its good to see why it hasnt gotten patched yet is by single brain celled membrains like yourself ruining the game for every streamer who plays the game in diamond+

Would be nice if the game could recognize roping behavior and speed up the turn timer based on someone choosing to prolong their turns on purpose.

It’s completely doable too, riot implemented that in legends of runeterra.

1 Like

If you believe that they are doing it in a bad sportsmanship manner then you can report them for griefing.

1 Like

The solution is easy, what MTG:A does. Give people a certain amount of time extensions per game and speed up the turn timer. Each turn you don’t trigger the “rope” in MTG:A you get credit towards another extension and when you reach the “rope” it doesn’t refresh, runs down, uses an extension then I believe if you run out of extensions it ends your turn if you hit the turn timer again. So you can only “rope” people like twice a game in MTG:A

1 Like

You seem to think this is a problem that just started when it has been going on since launch. Again it doesn’t matter as they can use their time ANYWAY they choose, and if you don’t like it don’t play or concede.

I love you crybabies.

1 Like

If it gets them to legent, it is by definition not trolling, but a valid tactics.

1 Like

You failed to mention that MTG:A increases your turn timer for every card you play. Your turn can take even 10 minutes as long as you continue to play cards.
Imagine the havoc the crybabies would make if a mere minute and a quarter makes them complian this much.