Players abusing turn ending bug to get wins

Players are able to Freeze the game with Nellies Pirate ship, forcing you to skip your turn and they get double turn to abuse and win the game.

I have had the bug happen now four times. Last player that abused it was a player called “Cornelius”

Please stop this abusive gameplay.

2 Likes

Is this still in the game? Surprised it hasn’t been emergency patched.

Team5 probably thought they wouldn’t have to fix it cos they nerfed pirate warrior in hopes no one would play the deck

Apparently, some hackers learned how to replicate that bug in general, and as soon as turn 1. So if your opponent looks like AFK, but a card in his hand highlights, close the game and reconnect. And again every other turn, because they can somehow replicate the “bug” again.

Playing a game against one of those cheaters right now. I literally have to close the game, and start it again every single turn. The moment I don’t, my client somehow doesn’t register the cheater’s moves, or his turn ending.

It happened also today during the master tour :joy:

By the way to the OP: it’s not really an exploit, or an hacker abusing of a bug. You just need to play the card, without doing shady things.
It’s blizzard fault if the bug happens, players have the right to play any card that is legal.

2 Likes

Just had this happen to me 2 times in a row, with the person BMing and all.

Exploiting a known bug to get a win is literally the definition of an exploit. It’s right there in the word.

And while you’re right that this is team 5’s fault for not doing anything about it, it is still crappy behavior and anyone caught doing it should get some form of punitive action.

But they probably won’t

Edited for reasons

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen to me, twice now.

He waited a full minute before doing anything, & then just kept playing & playing until he had won. The whole turn must have taken about three minutes.

QFT.

Said this elsewhere: like repeatedly “happening” to go to a machine you know is broken because it is giving out extra cash.

But why would they work on fixing their game when they can just waste time on whatever garbage they will overcharge people next for, right?

1 Like

you play the card, the game occasionally disconnects.

It’s not really an exploit, it’s just a small indie company that didn’t tested Nellie enough to find this bug.

If it was an exploit, they would have disqualified the player who used it during the tournament, or better, ban the card from the torunament.

Since neither of these things happened, they probably think it’s an unfortunate bug that happens rarely (which is dumb that is allowed in a torunament, but in the normal game is just another bug).

I hope they won’t punish anyone: imagine finding a cool colossal in a pack (not the DH one, an actually cool colossal), playing it for 30 times and the 31st time you play it the bug happens: should you be punished for using a card that can cause a bug sometimes? I hope not.

Ban whoever uses real cheats, like animation skips or bots, not people who play the game by the rules

This is what makes it more troubling: no tournament level player can claim ignorance. So now they open the door for future players at tournaments to do the same, and get away with cheating.

This shows the devs and the whole system are corrupt and microsoft needs to clean house A.S.A.P.

They just condoned cheating, abusing exploits and everything that follows at a tournament in front of the entire playerbase.

And they STILL haven’t patched it, after advertising this, which will only increase the abuse of it.

1 Like

It’s not an abuse from my point if view, since there isn’t a trick to activate the bug (i don’t know it at least).

It happens randomly from what i saw.

It’s different from the hunter chtun+maxima combo, which was not intended and the deck was built to exploit it.
The colossal is an useful card that is played for its effect, not to exploit a bug

This is a way to trigger it, knowingly exploiting a bug/exploit is a violation of TOS.

That they have now increased the events of this occurring by ADVERTISING it during a live tourney is beyond stupidity (why ban it when they can compound an existing problem by Light know how much), but that’s par for the course for this dev team, company, and if not addressed, their new owners at microsoft.