Player agency balance changes incoming!

I was hopeful at first, and now am worried after reading this thread. :rofl:

Wild has been a reanimated corpse for months. Even Wild streamers do not want to play it.

I don’t even have anything negative to say about this. I’m glad they’re taking a step back and realizing how bad the game has gotten. I hope they follow through and get the game to be an enjoyable experience again.

1 Like

Seems like they finally realized you can’t have a two legged stool. They tried to get rid of midrange and control and replace them both with combo, and the player experience has suffered because now every deck and matchup plays out the same: flood the board or hold out till you draw your synergy play. There’s no room for gimmickless decks, there’s no room for non-sybergy cards, no room for anything that doesn’t build itself.

1 Like

Kibler has been complaining about it for a while - the design is all about the packages and since there is only 30 cards in a HS deck there is very little room for creative declbuilding because mist of the decks are pre-built.

1 Like

We need something akin to Renathal that actually doesn’t screw your deck’s potential. While maybe fun, the card generally sucks and is meme tier. MtG for instance allows, I believe, for 60 card decks (in their “standard” format).

Yup, when i olayed MtG it was 40 to 60 card decks

Brace yourselfs. There will be A LOT of complaining after the patch. It is possible entire archetypes get axed.

1 Like

In standard decks, 60 cards. But MtG allows FOUR copies of each card AND has land cards that give mana. Although the game looks similar, some basics are quite different.

1 Like

Yup yup yup, but like i say i played MtG in the 90’s and it wasn’t online. And there was this place called i believe wizards asylum where they had tournaments and all that i played in a couple of times

If you wanna ruin a game with your ideologies, can you take them somewhere else?

hes suggesting to nerf cards / decks which arent broken thats why is a terrible idea

1 Like

I agree. Please do :slight_smile:

1 Like

With a ton of cards changing, and I assume basically every top deck right now having their win conditions or clears on the chopping block, what is/is not broken after this patch isn’t going to be something you can use historic data to predict well.

There’s a very good chance that something we have considered quite bad will take a top spot once a lot of this stuff is weakened or gone.

1 Like

Only class I don’t have maxed is DK, so I have been playing plagues more than anything else.

There is zero reason to nerf that deck or the associated cards.

Complaints about Helya and plagues fall under working as intended.

1 Like

This patch doesn’t consider power level.
Cards will be nerfed based on player sentiment. Everyone is a potential candidate, including your Helya.

That wasn’t my point, though. It wasn’t power.

No, they will nerf sentiment outliers.

Helya is working as intended. She’s countering exactly what she was designed to counter and losing to everything else.

It’s actually quite accurately balanced.

I don’t suspect Helya gets nerfed and it would be a crime if she is.

Right now? Fully agree.

After the patch? Not so sure (we don’t even know what is being hit, how hard, etc.) and it’s entirely possible that plagues are at a power level high enough to warrant it in that scenario. Helya also creates low player agency situations and hard counters archetypes.

That said, if her rest of the game effect were removed, I’d probably double the number of plagues she shuffled in.

3 Likes

What are you even talking about? What sentimental outliers?

The game only sort of looks balanced because all of the meta decks are unbalanced. The meta is full of broken decks with 55% + winrate, which we had a chance to check because not all of them came to exist at the same time, so their individual power could be controlled for other variables.

No, the balance patch is not just about sentimental outliers, even if they call it that. It’s about keeping the power creep in check, and that should be one of the main goals of the devs if they plan on keeping this game alive for a long time.

Besides, you don’t hit 20-30 cards out of sentimental reasons. That’s just not have business works.

1 Like

Helya is a card that’s disliked by a segment of the community, marking it as a sentimental outlier.
If she isn’t directly nerfed, I’d be surprised if there isn’t a new core inclusion introduced to counter her.