Permanent effects are what I think is wrong

It did have great art and voice overs. But the card was way too good.

as stand alone Hero card at the time - yes.
But as part of a deck strategy - it was nothing special, specially after rotation to Wild.
Guldan DK and Rogue DK outlived FLJ in Wild.

They were all broken too. Still are in Wild, but everything there is.

well soem more broken than others - I opened Golden Uther. I played it like 5 times. =(

1 Like

Sadly Frost Lich Jaina sees no play now ,it realy is a waste of dust wait for the next expansion Hero cards might make a big comeback there was a few hints from the devs already about it.

1 Like

They really are completely out of ideas at team 5.

yeah pretty much since Secret Mage become a thing - control mage arch type just fallen out.

talking about decks I hate - I hate Secret Mage a lot more =)

Secret Mage sucks in wild now. You should be happy about that:)

Next expansion there will be only be minions and spells as card types. A lot of the minions will have Battlecrys. Where did the developers creativity go?

now that Warlock Quest is banned - it may yet come back.

Thank you for the input my dear Malfurion.

Personaly i think it was quite problematic, both to play with and play against. The cost of the card really inpacted the strategy a lot. There were many times where i was put into a situation where if i play it, iā€™m dead because iā€™m giving the oponnent extra turn to smash my face. When played safely tho, it requires a lot of smart trading so it wasnā€™t all sunshine and rainbows cruise quest and it didnā€™t ensure the win. It requires very careful play and obviously it has some very favorable and unfavorable matchups. I liked it, i still do, but iā€™m not salty that it exists or when iā€™m playing against it.

They sure are. Just wait for more powercreep in the miniset. Itā€™s gonna be a blast.

Debatable. What a certain class is supposed to be has long been thrown out the window. We now have aggro pirate priest ffs. lmao

Agreed. Now iā€™m thinking of running it just for nostalgia sake.

Donā€™t even get me started. No deck gives me more stress than secret mage. Is it counterspell? Is it explosive runes? LETS FIND OUT.

2 Likes

Nah It canā€™t beat hunter or warrior.
Shaman beats it pretty often too.

oh yeah and taking about of stupid decisions - they just buffed pirate warriorā€¦
Great. Specially in wild.

2 Likes

That was absolutelly unecessary. I was 28-7 with pirate warrior even without the buff. Giving its minions more premium stats is straight up bonkers. Donā€™t even wanna play it now because of how disgusting it is. I faced a lot of them in wild this morning. Extremely opressive.

2 Likes

Yeah. Wild is nothing but Warrior and Hunter. Just as I said it would be, and Iā€™m not even a deck crafter.
Anyone could see what was gonnaā€™ happen.

Secret Mage canā€™t beat hunter, or warrior, or most of the time, not even shaman.
I think itā€™s pretty much done in Wild, unless there is some deck I havenā€™t seen.

true, secret mage doesnā€™t have enough juice to hold back pirate warrior,
while the hunter wonā€™t suffer from the said secret with bunch of cheap spell.

i would go for freeze + infinite fire ball mage hoping i could pull it off at turn 6 against the current wild meta.

mage have enough tool to freeze and draw at the same time.
pirate warrior gonna stuck in freeze and ice block.

for VS hunter kind of disaster though since ice block is not reliable,

so need to cheat out sorcerer apprentice early with the secret getting extra copy of it hoping i can cheat out the cost and pull the infinite fire ball quickly by super draw.

1 Like

yeah i have been leaning into this lately . Using board freezes and spell negation redirection etc.

add 1 taunt with 0 mana cost,
you need to lock pirate full board with freeze while at the same time putting 4 sorcerer apprentice at board + 1 taunt to block weapon.

weapon is basically already guarantee for pirate warrior.
repeat the freeze and draw into antonidas seems plausible but top deck reliant.
pirate canā€™t do anything with full board frozen and single taunt in the way.

dang, i probably would do it with 3 apprentice. and hoping for the best pull.
top deck into another bunch of spell ā€œdraw cardā€

Mage is pretty weak in Wild now, tbh

what about flame waker mage ?
i didnā€™t test them out.

i used to main infinite fire ball deck.
i didnā€™t even test them VS current wild pirate warrior.

but based on old version of pirate warrior with out quest,
either i pull of combo at turn 6 or lose the game.