Pally is #1 in both wild and standard

Why is that not a problem? I guarantee were it certain other classes the complaints would be deafening on these forums.

1 Like

Justice demands retribution!

1 Like

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

My guess is the reason Pure Paladin never got targeted with nerfs is because there’s a lot of popular decks in Legend that just absolutely smoke it. Unholy DK for example feels like an unwinnable matchup for it.

1 Like

As somebody who mains pally warlock warrior - paladin should have had a nerf.

It’s because team 5 (and some of the forums) only care about what’s going on at legend.

From what I’ve heard, pally doesn’t see a lot of play at legend because is a boring deck to pilot. Hence no nerfs.

Burden of proof is the other way around. Why is it a problem?

A class being on top in and of it self isn’t a problem.

Yes, even if it’s in both standard and wild.
And YES, even if paladins get on top more often than others.
Somebody inevitably has to be #1.

You just answered your own question. Pallies get to be on top because they won’t enrage the forums as much.

Again, somebody inevitably has to be #1. Better it be the class that has limited mana cheat, damage from hand, ramp, card stealing, infinite discovers, boring you with 30 minute games, OTKs, or all the other “uninteractive” and “unfun” things that get complained about.

This isn’t some kind of bias towards pallies or against other classes. It’s just practicality.

If one class is gonna be #1, it’s better to let the class that gets less crying than one that invites more drama*.

It’s like how assuming all else equal between politician A and politician B, you choose the politician who is more “boring” but “safer”. You don’t want more drama or dirt for the other side to use when people dig up dirt on how they might have smoked something in their youth or made some stupid tweet decades ago or they have family issues.

*yes, this does mean the more YOU make drama about your mages, the less likely mages will ever be good. So keep digging that hole! :joy:

1 Like

The deal with pure paladin and many other low skill cap decks is simple.

Any match with or against any low skill cap deck is involved turns from a test to both players to a test only for the one playing against it.

Basically. No.

If you climb with that you have no merit.

And unlike the people whining around here i can actually show that person they have no business getting up in the ladder in an actual match.

This is why that deck should be nerf.

Low skill cap decks are an anomaly that bring people where they not belong and hurts the learning experience of low rank players.

3 Likes

why are you choosing paladin specifcally to complain about ?

For me is that i find low skill ceiling decks something that actually hurt the game.

They not need to be incredible dificult to play but when we get to:

UIS Quest pirate Warrior , pure paladin and others like those being an actual part of the meta in lower ranks.

We are basically negleting new players the experience of learning to play better as they climb.

This has 2 effects:

1. Frustrates other lower rank players from having to deal with people climbing better with far less effort.

2. Puts a near impossible to pass barrier for the ones who passed lower ranks using low skill cap decks when they reach near high rankings.

Paladin is ‘fair’ whatever that means.

I think it’s code for having less reliance on mana cheat, but a higher baseline power in it’s minions. So if their opponent doesn’t exploit the natural synergies in their deck, the Paladin just wins by playing the green cards. So extremely low skill cap. Which is fine, but Pure Pally is the highest wr deck at legend at this time. Which is depressing but should change as decks are refined.

I will complain about bias as long as bias exists.
Hope you’re ready for it.

You say that as if I’m somehow upset that you get triggered so much and so often.

Oh and what you call bias is really just freedom and individual preference.

The same kind of individual preference when you used to say people like to roleplay wizards. Just as you can have your likes and dislikes, other people people can have their dislikes.

The more you complain, the more you become the very thing you complain about: a hater who hates on other classes just because they like something you don’t like.

Again, keep digging that hole.

This is where you are wrong, though this:

was beautiful.

I don’t hate anyone, not even Team 5, even though this product is in such a sorry state purely through their actions.

At any rate: I think it’s pretty crummy to say: “Well, something has to be #1, might as well be Pally.” when Pally has seen more than it’s share of tier 1 decks with the least amount of player blowback.
Perceptions aside, there is literally no difference in losing to one class over and over, no matter what that class may be.

I haven’t seen paladin in wild in about 60 games the last 3 days… All I see are Questline or Mill Druids, Totem Shaman and just random not worth mentioning decks for the rest. Actually I made a post about this because something like 78% of my total matches in wild while I ranked up were against Questline Druid.

TBH? I see more Druids too. But according to HSR, Pallys are top in both formats.
I was just pointing out what seems to be selective outrage.
Were it a spellcaster, (Mage or Priest) the cries for nerfs would be unbearable.
Priest is #4 currently per HSR, and players are already swarming with complaints.

1 Like

VS was chatting about paladin and they noted that 60% win rate decks in low ranks aren’t outliers. They pointed out pirate warrior was only nerfed after living at 70% win rate in lower ranks.

Both decks suck against good players, and that’s why it hasn’t been nerfed.

I agree here, though. It’s really, really predictable. It doesn’t cheat mana outside of invitations and it’s simple to play around because they need the board to win.

There are so many things in this game right now worse than anything paladin does. The only reason we aren’t seeing daily QQ about these way more broken interactions outside of paladin here is they are a turn or two too slow to be seen enough to create the outrage they should be getting. Just wait.

How likely is that to happen? Why would someone bring a deck with no synergies to ladder? Even an Arena deck tries to have synergy.

I think Paladin is “fair” because it’s so one-dimensional. You play against Pure Pally you pretty much know everything they can do and when they can do it. Outside of Countess there’s not much scam potential in Pure Pally. And Countess is a 7 mana legendary where the invitations are played on Turn 8. Pure Pally is easy to counter if players want to.

=========

It usually gets away with being strong because there’s usually been another T1 deck that farms it when nerfs come around. Of the targeted decks in the last 3 nerfs the most impactful nerfs were against decks that had a good MU into Pure Pally. Spell DH, Unholy DK, Frost DK. BDK and Outcast DH too but I’m not sure who was favoured in those match-ups.

The same cycle has happened a few times already. Changes happen (nerfs or new cards), people play new decks, Pure Pally farms the unrefined and jank, meta gets refined and Pally drops to T2 again. Maybe it’ll be different this time? Does Enrage Warrior do well into Pure? Spooky Mage is still around. And Frost DK is on the rise again so…

Sure, and the community/devs could tell you they don’t hate mage. That never stopped you from keep on insisting they do or how bias exist and how I/we should be ready that you’ll keep on posting.

You once again refuted yourself. A class that gets the least amount of player blowback? Sounds like a good choice to have that class be #1 more often.

Like… take all the crying about how broken everything is we see now. That’s with paladin on top. Imagine it gets worse if some other class (like mage :joy:) is the one that’s on top more often. That’d be much worse.

How about each class gets equal oppurtunity irrespective of player complaints?
A novel idea for sure.

So I made a pure paladin list to play it myself to double check my thoughts on the matter.

It’s really not that powerful. People make too many misplays against it. I don’t know if they don’t understand the game or the deck, but most of the wins are because people don’t attack it properly.